What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Student awarded "Most likely to be a terrorist award." (1 Viewer)

"She said that some people might get offended, but she doesn't really care about our feelings,"

That brings a tear to my eye.  There is hope for the future.  

Last edited by a moderator:
i cannot fathom the thought process by which this teacher decided Most Likely to be a Terrorist Award was a good idea....even as a "joke". 

Maybe this is one of those ironic awards. Like that time when Hitler won Time's Person of the Year award.

Such a bad idea on so many levels...

Was there even a pause before they printed these off?

"She said that some people might get offended, but she doesn't really care about our feelings,"

That brings a tear to my eye.  There is hope for the future.  
A teacher not caring if they hurt the feelings of their 13 year old student for the sake of a joke means there is hope for the future?

Nobody should be surprised.

Some states still have racially segregated proms. They aren't funded by the school district, but the parents & teachers support it and attend. 

Nobody should be surprised.

Some states still have racially segregated proms. They aren't funded by the school district, but the parents & teachers support it and attend. 
Even in SE Michigan where we are relatively diverse, when strangers find out I'm a teacher and where I teach, I get the most ignorant comments. "Are the black kids able to learn?" "Have any the Muslims threatened you with jihad?" "Do you feel safe around the Mexicans?" 

I feel so bad about laughing at this, but  :lmao: .

I'm a horrible person. Not as horrible as the teacher, of course, because I'd only dream of doing this and stop there. 

"Most likely to become homeless." 

I really thought this was going to be about student voting, not a freaking teacher. 

My 4th grade teacher told my mother with me there in parent/teacher conference that I was "the type of kid to grow up to rob 7-Elevens." She was not joking. 

I don't think she liked me much.

100% speculation on my part. Probably a right wing teacher using the union against itself, so to speak. Should be a fireable offense IMO, but the teacher knows they are protected. 

i cannot fathom the thought process by which this teacher decided Most Likely to be a Terrorist Award was a good idea....even as a "joke". 
Felt it was okay after seeing the Republican Texas govenor talking about shooting journalists, even as a joke?

Only needed to read the first 5 words of the article to see what's happening here. 

"A school district near Houston"

My 4th grade teacher told my mother with me there in parent/teacher conference that I was "the type of kid to grow up to rob 7-Elevens." She was not joking. 

I don't think she liked me much.
Did you ever think it had something to do with you trying to steal her lunch money everyday?

Cjw_55106 said:
100% speculation on my part. Probably a right wing teacher using the union against itself, so to speak. Should be a fireable offense IMO, but the teacher knows they are protected. 
That is some pretty wild ### speculation. 

OrtonToOlsen said:
You think this teacher can't be fired for this?  
Nope, this is a teacher that has values. Watch me show everyone how bad unions are for this country by doing stupid stuff and not getting fired. She/he is a patriot and should have her own national holiday!

Otis said:
Only needed to read the first 5 words of the article to see what's happening here. 

"A school district near Houston"
So teacher making blanket statement about student based on ethnicity/religion = bad.

Otis making blanket statement about teachers based on Red State location = perfectly acceptable.

So teacher making blanket statement about student based on ethnicity/religion = bad.

Otis making blanket statement about teachers based on Red State location = perfectly acceptable.
:lmao:   Do you understand the difference between saying something like that to a child in real life and someone making a post on a magic football message board?

Binky The Doormat said:
Meh.  Looks like a trial balloon for an updated treatment of "My Fair Lady."  

Instead of Professor Higgins, it's an ISIS cleric, working undercover as a high school history teacher.  Cleric Al-Jamir Abdallah, molds a naive American-born Egyptian student, "Tim", into a western-hating suicide bomber.   
I appreciate your analogy, but more so, your investment.  God bless Big Rex.  "The rain in Spain, falls mainly on the Midwest plains"...paraphrasing a bit here...All the terrorist tragedy(rain in Spain) & consequent repercussions in Europe, are "best" resolved by those who prescribe to a mantra that "the good ol' heartland" wouldn't allow this.  Of course you wouldnt...all the terrorists are obviously coming from outside our borders, never from within!  School shootings, club shootings...Christ, church shootings(an ironic !) are all obviously just an anomaly...I try to understand both sides, but in summation...OUR WHOLE ####### COUNTRY IS GREAT BECAUSE IT WAS "BUILT" BY ####### "DEGENERATE" IMMIGRANTS...BASED ON PRINCIPLES EASILY READ ON THE STATUE OF LIBERTY! ...

tl;dr: I blame the Amish

I appreciate your analogy, but more so, your investment.  God bless Big Rex.  "The rain in Spain, falls mainly on the Midwest plains"...paraphrasing a bit here...All the terrorist tragedy(rain in Spain) & consequent repercussions in Europe, are "best" resolved by those who prescribe to a mantra that "the good ol' heartland" wouldn't allow this.  Of course you wouldnt...all the terrorists are obviously coming from outside our borders, never from within!  School shootings, club shootings...Christ, church shootings(an ironic !) are all obviously just an anomaly...I try to understand both sides, but in summation...OUR WHOLE ####### COUNTRY IS GREAT BECAUSE IT WAS "BUILT" BY ####### "DEGENERATE" IMMIGRANTS...BASED ON PRINCIPLES EASILY READ ON THE STATUE OF LIBERTY! ...

tl;dr: I blame the Amish
Thanks, I'm not heavily invested, was just a thought. 

Thanks, I'm not heavily invested, was just a thought. 
;) ...should of put sarcastic " marks around "invested".  Suffice it to say, I liked your post/observation...I really "dig" your take.  

#Easy Rider; still relevant...after all these years.

The teacher probably thought she was being all woke and PC by giving this award to a hispanic girl instead of that Ahmed kid.  

This award is awful. Much worse than the one I give to the girl most likely to be a slut and the boy most likely to be gay. 

In horribly bad taste, but it was a gifted class and I bet they did all sorts of weird stuff. I remember at that age (12) being asked to write my own obituary. That was a whole lot darker than some un-PC spoof superlatives. 

After reading the title of the thread, I assumed this was a group of students voting on off-color awards and handing out said awards.  I was prepared to say "kids can be mean, but what are you going to do".

In learning that this was done by teachers, I can only say "WTF is wrong with some people?"  There is no way to argue that this is acceptable behavior for someone in a leadership position.

So sounds like we all agree that this was idiotic. 

I'm curious about appropriate discipline. I saw someone on the news - I think she was the head of a local Hispanic organization - who was demanding the teacher get fired. I kind of think that is a little harsh. That a sincere apology (which the district has given) and maybe a suspension or sensitivity training or something would suffice.

Having said that, if someone were to make a convincing argument that a teacher who uses such poor judgment in handing out this award shouldn't be teaching kids ... well I could probably be convinced by that reasoning.

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread