What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can I turn this down? (1 Viewer)

I'd probably turn that down. 2nd rounders are a complete mystery, and the 1.8 is about where I value Crowder who I think has 100-catch upside. So basically is the 1.7 and a 2018 1st worth more than Watkins? I don't think it is unless that ends up a top pick, which I wouldn't bet on. If Watkins can stay healthy, he's a 1-2 turn pick in startups.

I think this is a big offer, but not one with enough meat on the bones so to speak. 1 potential stud, and one solid starter for a whole bunch of lottery tickets isn't my type of deal.

Who would you be looking at at 7 and 8? Ross and Hunt? 

Agree with travdogg.  It's a good deal if you knew the 2018 1st would be a high pick.  But you don't know that, so it's pretty much two proven players (one potential stud) for a bunch of lottery tickets.

I'd probably turn that down. 2nd rounders are a complete mystery, and the 1.8 is about where I value Crowder who I think has 100-catch upside. So basically is the 1.7 and a 2018 1st worth more than Watkins? I don't think it is unless that ends up a top pick, which I wouldn't bet on. If Watkins can stay healthy, he's a 1-2 turn pick in startups.

I think this is a big offer, but not one with enough meat on the bones so to speak. 1 potential stud, and one solid starter for a whole bunch of lottery tickets isn't my type of deal.

Who would you be looking at at 7 and 8? Ross and Hunt? 
There is a chance mixon/Williams falls to the 7 the 5 and 6 are desperate for qbs so hoping one bites and for the 8 prob Ross 

I wouldn't turn it down unless the 1.07 is on the clock. I would turn around and take the 1.07 and whatever and the 1.08 and the extra 2018 1st and move into the top 5 with both those picks.

What other WRs do you have on your team?  I would be inclined to take the trade, depending on who you would have left at WR.  I worry about Watkins injuries. Like Crowder a lot, though.

Can you to accept until you are OTC @ 1.07?

That said, I'd do it only because I'm not a long term believer in Watkins. No real reason...just a feeling

I do not value picks as much as most.  They are a crapshoot and you wouldn't be getting any likely top end difference makers.  Watkins is a top end difference maker (when healthy).  I like the idea of packaging those picks to move up in the draft but not sure if that is possible.  On the face of just those specific picks I probably keep the players. 

Users who are viewing this thread