What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ask Your Resident Right-Winger Why He Doesn't Support Trump (1 Viewer)

Cruelty. 

See: Quez's thread.  
I get your point here, but I also struggle to find any logical reason to support Trump. The Trump supporters that I have met in real life only regularly confirm my absolutely worst suspicions. The Trump supporters on here are also some of the more brash posters on the board (I know there are plenty of rude liberals here as well). I mean we have a Trump supporter praising a Texas teacher for calling a 13 year old a future terrorist. Not just praising but saying that it was so great it made him cry and that this is a sign of hope for the future. There's a guy at the local brewery that often engages me in conversation because he knows I teach at a diverse public school. No matter how many times I explain to him that Obama didn't make us teach Islamic law to the kids and that black kids can do algebra, he always tells me I am wrong and that I need to get out of there before the n-words and terrorists kill me. Then I have my best friends parents who firmly believe Michelle Obama is a man and the Holocaust did not happen. I have a student in history class that insists Jesse Owens lost to Germans at the Olympics and the Jesse Owens story is pure American propaganda. He also wrote a paper (which I did not assign) asserting that Fascism was fine, it was the Communists that caused all the problems in the 30s. I don't really have any patience for this movement. 

I get your point here, but I also struggle to find any logical reason to support Trump. The Trump supporters that I have met in real life only regularly confirm my absolutely worst suspicions. The Trump supporters on here are also some of the more brash posters on the board (I know there are plenty of rude liberals here as well). I mean we have a Trump supporter praising a Texas teacher for calling a 13 year old a future terrorist. Not just praising but saying that it was so great it made him cry and that this is a sign of hope for the future. There's a guy at the local brewery that often engages me in conversation because he knows I teach at a diverse public school. No matter how many times I explain to him that Obama didn't make us teach Islamic law to the kids and that black kids can do algebra, he always tells me I am wrong and that I need to get out of there before the n-words and terrorists kill me. Then I have my best friends parents who firmly believe Michelle Obama is a man and the Holocaust did not happen. I have a student in history class that insists Jesse Owens lost to Germans at the Olympics and the Jesse Owens story is pure American propaganda. He also wrote a paper (which I did not assign) asserting that Fascism was fine, it was the Communists that caused all the problems in the 30s. I don't really have any patience for this movement. 
:lmao:  

That was Dr. Oadi who traffics in sarcasm, man. He's a weird guy who only speaks in sarcasm. 

As for the rest of your post, I don't know what to say. That's awful. Those aren't people I'm defending.  

That was Dr. Oadi who traffics in sarcasm, man. He's a weird guy who only speaks in sarcasm. 

As for the rest of your post, I don't know what to say. That's awful. Those aren't people I'm defending.  
Maybe that's part of the of the problem, many of the Trump supporters mostly just post "sarcasm" and are we sure this "sarcasm" isn't cover for their real thoughts? 

Maybe that's part of the of the problem, many of the Trump supporters mostly just post "sarcasm" and are we sure this "sarcasm" isn't cover for their real thoughts? 
That's the problem with sarcasm in writing writ large. 

And I don't know what to tell you about the Trump supporters on this board. I'd long grown tired of the sarcasm and emoji act myself. But the level of personal insults from the other side has gotten so bad I felt the need to say something. 

And I don't know what to tell you about the Trump supporters on this board. I'd long grown tired of the sarcasm and emoji act myself. But the level of personal insults from the other side has gotten so bad I felt the need to say something. 
I am with you that dislike all the sarcasm and insults. My 9th graders are more mature than that. Lots of childish behavior here. 

I supported Trump and would vote for him again today if the choice was the same. I have absolutely no desire to discuss it with rabid supporters of either side because I find them incredibly disrespectful. It also started long before Trump.

Guess if you support Trump it's okay to stab people to death on the light rail if they are Muslim.

http://www.kgw.com/mb/news/crime/1-dead-2-injured-in-stabbing-at-hollywood-transit-center-in-ne-portland/443422022
I take heart that some Portlanders attempted to intercede on behalf of the young women.  I hope the sickness in the perpetrators mind and heart turns on him in a moment of epiphany.  I hope the families of the deceased are assuaged some in their grief knowing their family member died in defense of right. 

Most of the emojis are a result of being tired of the insults a long time ago.  They want your to argue back and forth with them and get into an insult war, where they will report you and get you a timeout.  Just laughing at them just pisses them off because they aren't getting the reaction they want.

The guys a Bernie supporter

nice job politicizing murder though
Wait, a noted white supremacist murdered two men because they tried to stop him from verbally assaulting two women who appeared to maybe be Muslim, and you've pointed out multiple times that he was a Bernie supporter, then you have the balls to sarcastically say "nice job politicizing murder though?" 

:potkettle:

Question - 

If you voted for Trump, what policy decisions, to date, do you disagree with so far? I'm not referring to his antics, idiotic responses, and his inability to shut up at times.

My guess is that most people (specifically those who are Republicans) who voted for Trump are pretty happy with him because he's enacting (through executive orders because Congress is so broken) as conservative an agenda as possible.

Dude hate to say but you're on the wrong side of a troll. 
Yeah, I just realized that today. You'll note me shutting up.  

eta* At least LARamFan is. Quez? Who knows...

All I know is I'll let that dude fight his own battles from now on. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you support Trump?
I don't support Trump for many reasons: 

1) I don't support his rhetoric and tone

2) I don't support his ban on all Muslim immigration

3) I don't support building a wall

4) I don't support the alt-right and their blatant racism

5) I don't support his stance on trade

6) I don't support how he's going about "saving jobs"

7) I don't support nor trust his stance on reproductive services

8) I don't trust him -- he was a Reform Party member not too long ago

9) He is not a conservative in any sense of the word

10) I think he'll increase both the deficit and the debt

11) I don't support his stance on the Middle East

12) I don't support his stance on NATO

13) I do not support tax cuts right now until offsets are made

14) I do not think he is competent

15) I do not trust who he has put in an advisory position

16) There are several things I support, but not nearly enough to replace a traditional Republican candidate and elected office holder

17) I think his choice for VP was uninspired and downright dangerous also

18) I don't support his most vehement supporters

Need I go on...those all seem pretty fundamental

I'm actually a few aliases away from deleting this thread, which is well within my power as OP. This might even be counterproductive and stupid. This is for real people that post on this board that are real Trump supporters, not some FFA today #######s running over here trolling because their board is dead. 

I supported Trump and would vote for him again today if the choice was the same. I have absolutely no desire to discuss it with rabid supporters of either side because I find them incredibly disrespectful. It also started long before Trump.
Would you care to discuss your anti-life stances with those of us who don't identify with either side?

Those all seem like great reasons. Do you support the Republican party? Because they support Trump on a lot of those things. 
No. I've never been a registered Republican, proninja. I think maybe there's been a disconnect on the boards about my stances on things. I'm a conservative/libertarian fusionist who has never really had a party besides the times that the Republican Party embodies that hybrid, which it often has paid lip service to in the past, but never really delivered. 

My guess is that most people (specifically those who are Republicans) who voted for Trump are pretty happy with him because he's enacting (through executive orders because Congress is so broken) as conservative an agenda as possible.
It's got nothing to do with policy or agenda.  It's about pissing off the Dems and creating media hysteria.  That's what these people stand for and it's sad.  You can't even say they're putting party before country.  They're putting anti-party before country.  

I read that thread.  

People were assassinating Quez' character.  Guy has had work issues, and people were straight up trying to assassinate that feela.  Like he was Seth Rich or something, just assassinated.  

<_<
I'm not sure what that means. Are you disagreeing with my position, or disagreeing that I hold that position, or disagreeing that he holds that position? 

I don't know, I support tighter restrictions and wouldn't necessarily accept refugees in droves, but a temporary ban on all immigration? No.  

I'm actually a few aliases away from deleting this thread, which is well within my power as OP. This might even be counterproductive and stupid. This is for real people that post on this board that are real Trump supporters, not some FFA today #######s running over here trolling because their board is dead. 
I think the board would be better if you deleted it.

I think the board would be better if you deleted it.
Let's see where it goes. I will delete if more aliases and whining pop up. If people want to ask me or others about real opinions on Trump without personal attacks and rolling emojis, maybe we can have that.  

No. I've never been a registered Republican, proninja. I think maybe there's been a disconnect on the boards about my stances on things. I'm a conservative/libertarian fusionist who has never really had a party besides the times that the Republican Party embodies that hybrid, which it often has paid lip service to in the past, but never really delivered. 
This is a great distinction, as I think many (including myself) would leap to the assumption that someone with conservative beliefs = Republican.  Unfortunately, with an essentially two party system, it's more often true than not.  Which of all the candidates most closely aligned with your views?

Users who are viewing this thread