What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan's Bulls vs the Warriors of the past 3 years (1 Viewer)

Riversco

Footballguy
Which is the better team?  Who would win if they met in the Finals?

Last edited by a moderator:
If playing with current rules I'll be contrarian and take the Warriors. Too much scoring and the newer dynasty is usually better as athletes are getting so much better.

Harper - Curry

Jordan - Clay

Pippen - Durant

Rodman - Green

Two giant stiffs with a lot of fouls to give.

This wouldn't be a blowout. 

Bulls regardless of rules.

-If 90's, Curry and String Bean would get knocked around so much. Nobody to body up with Rodman.

-If today's rules, Jordan averages 40-45 PPG. Rebounding carries across eras, Rodman would still kill it.

-I do think Iggy covering Jordan would be super interesting though

I wonder if they'd put Jordan on Curry.   
Some Bulls expert will have to weigh in. Klay would light it up, Durant / Pippen would be epic, I'll take Green over Rodman. Jordan would probably get 45 a game is the only problem for the Warriors :lol:

So the Warriors lose the finals last year and if the Cavs did not have injuries the previous year (Kyrie, Love and Shumpert played with one arm) they may have lost that year and now we are asking if they are better than Jordan's Bulls?
Curry was hurt last year if we are talking what ifs.

Curry was hurt last year if we are talking what ifs.
What ifs?

Love - separated shoulder and Kyrie - broken knee cap leaving Lebron with all role players the year the Warriors won.

Curry with a "strained knee" that required no missed time in the finals and he played fine the series before the finals and they were up 3-1 and still lost.

Yeah, I think it's time to rate them right up there with the Bulls.

How do you think Rodman would have done on Green? Rodman's defense was definitely on the decline in his Bulls tenure.
Good question.  Rodman was in decline, especially later in the run when he would "miss" defensive rotations that took him out of rebounding position.  By the end of the 1998 season, CHI was starting Kukoc and bringing Rodman off the bench.

Green would have success taking Rodman outside and operating in space.  However, Rodman knew how to win mental wars with fugazi tough guys like Draymond and Klay.  Rodman kept Karl Malone in check in their Finals matchups (Mailman had a couple of huge Finals games but was mostly reduced to low 20s shooting under .500 from the floor), so I like Rodman's chances against Draymond Green.  

How do you think Rodman would have done on Green? Rodman's defense was definitely on the decline in his Bulls tenure.
Rodman was 1st team All Defense in 1995-96 (the 72 win season).

If we are matching up that team against this year's Warriors, starting matchups would look like this:

Harper-Curry (yes, Harper would defend Curry)
Jordan-Thompson
Pippen-Durant
Rodman-Green
Longley-Pachulia

Those are tougher defensive matchups for the Warriors than they are used to seeing nowadays. Three 1st team All NBA caliber defenders, and Harper was also a solid defender.

The challenge for the Bulls would be bench matchups. It would be tough for Kukoc, Kerr, Wennington, Buechler, and Randy Brown to match up with Iguodola, Livingston, Clark, West, and McGee. The Bulls' starters might have to play more minutes, which might tire them out late in the game.

Overall, I'm with what seems to be the consensus: Bulls win. There is no question in my mind they win if played with 90s rules/refs. The Warriors would have a much better chance to win with today's rules/refs, but I still would favor the Bulls. Like others have said, Jordan would probably go for 40-50 points per game.

Plus, one thing I haven't seen mentioned: Phil Jackson >>>>>>> Mike Brown.

Another way to look at it is whether or not that Bulls team would beat this year's Cavs team. I think so. Which illustrates that they would be a tougher matchup for the Warriors than the Cavs will be.

I wonder if they'd put Jordan on Curry.   
They'd rotate the defenders all game so Curry would never know who's on him. Rodman would hold the basket with a Big White on the opposite side. Kerr wouldn't know how to defend it or the players wouldn't know how to battle it. 

Give them the handchecking and the Bulls would hold the scorers of today no problem. No hand checking, Jordan goes for 50+. 

In every sport, as decades pass, the players become bigger and stronger and faster. The Warriors would beat the Bulls. Any champ from 2016-17 would beat champs from the 90's in any sport. 

In every sport, as decades pass, the players become bigger and stronger and faster. The Warriors would beat the Bulls. Any champ from 2016-17 would beat champs from the 90's in any sport. 
There's nothing bigger, stronger or faster about these Warriors.  

Lebron?  Yeah he's an other worldly guy.  But there's only one of him.  

If Steph Curry tried to go back and play in the mid-90s, he'd struggle to make the all-star team.  You think he's scoring 35 a night with Jordan/Pippen guarding him?  Not a chance.

I will admit if they played under today's rules the Warriors would have a better chance, but if that's the case, Jordan might average 50+ points a game.

They'd rotate the defenders all game so Curry would never know who's on him. Rodman would hold the basket with a Big White on the opposite side. Kerr wouldn't know how to defend it or the players wouldn't know how to battle it. 

Give them the handchecking and the Bulls would hold the scorers of today no problem. No hand checking, Jordan goes for 50+. 
That's the key.  In today's NBA Jordan would literally be unguardable.  

Users who are viewing this thread