What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Giovani Bernard vs. Samaje Perine - Who ya got? (1 Viewer)

OldTomMesko

Footballguy
Saw this trade go down today in one of my leagues. I like the Perine side, but can see both sides. Others in the league are up in arms calling it trade rape or a hose job (in favor of Perine). Thoughts? How close are these two in value? 

Some people just like to whine about deals they didn't make. This isn't even remotely unfair. I'd prefer Perine, but the difference is pretty small. I'd probably have them in the same tier, and if its PPR, may even favor Bernard.

Some people just like to whine about deals they didn't make. This isn't even remotely unfair. I'd prefer Perine, but the difference is pretty small. I'd probably have them in the same tier, and if its PPR, may even favor Bernard.
Yeah. It's PPR. Full disclosure: I made this deal. Gave Gio, got Perine.

I'm the guy who posted on here last week, made three trades in a day that brought me AB, Cooper, and David Johnson. Got three top 10 dynasty assets, no one batted an eye. Swapped RB3s, everyone lost their sh**. It was funny to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the perine side as well, perine going 1.07-1.12 range, I doubt anyone is giving that for gio but it's not egregious. Maybe it's light a 2nd or 3rd, not exactly getting bent over. It's not like gio vanished when they drafted mixon.  He may, but not yet and likely not this year, gio if nothing else should retain his 3rd down/cop role. Perine still has to win the starting job. Perine could easily be this years dixon, overdrafted due to people naming him the starter as soon as he was drafted. 

I'm the guy who posted on here last week, made three trades in a day that brought me AB, Cooper, and David Johnson. Got three top 10 dynasty assets, no one batted an eye. Swapped RB3s, everyone lost their sh**. It was funny to watch.
This, right here, in a nutshell, is the primary reason I stopped playing in dynasty formats. Every league I ever joined wound up becoming either absurdly top-heavy because no one ever spoke out about (or against) anything that went on, or devolving into a bunch of third-graders at recess, or (somehow) both at once.

This, right here, in a nutshell, is the primary reason I stopped playing in dynasty formats. Every league I ever joined wound up becoming either absurdly top-heavy because no one ever spoke out about (or against) anything that went on, or devolving into a bunch of third-graders at recess, or (somehow) both at once.
I understand the concern about top-heaviness, but it's not like anything was unfair. I gave up a lot of depth/capital for those deal. Parted with Fournette, Crabtree, Hunter Henry, Hilton, Zay Jones, and 3 2018 1sts. Gave up a ton of my depth for studs. A couple injuries, and the top-heaviness is gonna tumble hard. 

Value wise it's not really that close.  Perine early 8th startup ADP and Bernard 11th round ADP.

That said I could see someone preferring Bernard and while they probably could/should have gotten something else back with him, it's not really that egregious to prefer him and just want to get your guy.

Users who are viewing this thread