What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan's Bulls vs the Cavaliers of the past 3 years (1 Viewer)

Riversco

Footballguy
Looks like some were upset I picked the Warriors and ignored a Cavaliers comparison.  So have at it.  Which is the better team?  Which would win the finals?

Again picking the 1995-96 Bulls team for this comparison. Starting matchups:

Harper-Irving
Jordan-Smith
Pippen-James
Rodman-Love
Longley-Thompson

Rodman and Pippen would probably switch up some on James and Love. I'm sure James would be able to get his points, especially if he worked on Pippen in the post. But where would his supporting scoring come from? Harper, Jordan, and Rodman would definitely be tough matchups for Irving, Smith, and Love.

On the other end, I don't really see James guarding Jordan much, so who does that? JR Smith? Shumpert? Jordan could drop 40 on those guys every game without even working hard, especially if playing with today's rules.

Cleveland's bench isn't nearly as tough to matchup with as the Warriors' bench. Kukoc, Kerr, Wennington, Buechler, and Randy Brown would be able to match up more easily with Korver, Shumpert, Deron Williams, Frye, and Jefferson, so, unlike in Bulls-Warriors, the Bulls starters would get their normal rest.

Oh yeah, and Phil Jackson >>>>>> Lue. It matters.

IMO Bulls win, regardless of whether playing with 90s rules/refs or today's rules/refs.

Users who are viewing this thread