What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Keepers on Netflix (1 Viewer)

John Bender

Footballguy
Fak this will make you angry. Released a few days ago, better than Making a Murderer.

Good for a memorial day weekend devoid of plans.

Last edited by a moderator:
We started watching about a week or so ago - tough watch for anybody but especially my wife.  As others stated - #### these people and the part of the Church doing the cover up.  This is some disturbing ####.

Not sure if this classifies as a tad funny or a warning but my wife and I had decided to watch a little TV and then have sex - unfortunately we watched the first two episodes of this - when it was over we both were just like "let's go to bed".

I was bored by Making a Murderer. I've watched the first two episodes of The Keepers and I'm definitely intrigued by this story. Going to do my best to not Google any info before I can finish the series.

Through 3 episodes so far. Definitely disturbing. Have to keep watching though to see how the wrap it all up

better than Making a Murderer.
You're entitled to your opinion, but no way for like a dozen reasons... but I'm willing to give it a shot.   I am rewatching ep 1 right now.  Put it on over the weekend but it didn't catch me.  I thought it was something else reading this thread and got all excited for a new case.

I watched the 1st three episodes last night.  It is an interesting documentary but Making A Murderer was much better imo.  

This type of #### is hard to watch but I feel it's important to watch. The church has established this fallacy that priests and clergy are these totally innocent, godly people beyond any sort of criticism or suspicion, and the lengths they went to cover this crime up to maintain the bull#### is shameful. And this went all the way to the top bishops and cardinals. 

Believe in whatever god you want, this isn't about that. But I can't fathom donating money or time to the Catholic Church. As an organization, they're as scummy as it gets. 

I was bored by Making a Murderer. I've watched the first two episodes of The Keepers and I'm definitely intrigued by this story. Going to do my best to not Google any info before I can finish the series.
I love my wife dearly but sometimes she can be a little dopey.  She was the one who mentioned this series to me after she heard about it on Facebook I think.  She said she went to watch the first episode to see if she'd like it and then we'd watch together.  Somehow she managed to watch the final episode and said she was completely lost and any spoilers were ruined for her. :lmao:   

Only two episodes in but I thought it was strange that the first episode treated the murders like they were a huge mystery while the second identifies who (we think, at this point) is responsible.  It's like the director was purposely being misleading for effect.

Maybe I should just shut up and watch.

This type of #### is hard to watch but I feel it's important to watch. The church has established this fallacy that priests and clergy are these totally innocent, godly people beyond any sort of criticism or suspicion, and the lengths they went to cover this crime up to maintain the bull#### is shameful. And this went all the way to the top bishops and cardinals. 

Believe in whatever god you want, this isn't about that. But I can't fathom donating money or time to the Catholic Church. As an organization, they're as scummy as it gets. 
Let me preface to say that I am Catholic and have only watched the first three episodes.  It is obviously very disturbing but there are bad seeds in any religion or race.  Most of the kindest and genuine people I have ever met were from the Catholic church.  It has disgusted me to see stories of Priests molesting kids but those stories are very rare and not the norm by any means.

I proudly donate to my Church and will continue to do so.  It is a great way to raise a family connecting with other families at the Church.

Let me preface to say that I am Catholic and have only watched the first three episodes.  It is obviously very disturbing but there are bad seeds in any religion or race.  Most of the kindest and genuine people I have ever met were from the Catholic church.  It has disgusted me to see stories of Priests molesting kids but those stories are very rare and not the norm by any means.

I proudly donate to my Church and will continue to do so.  It is a great way to raise a family connecting with other families at the Church.
As I was watching, I was thinking how a lot of people were probably saying "F the Catholic Church" but I was saying "God bless Sister Cathy"*. I obviously understand the former sentiment and even felt it some myself, but I tended to lean towards the latter. 

* Only 2 episodes in, so maybe I will learn later about some reasons to not feel positively towards Sister Cathy. But, for now, GB her. 

Wife and I have started the series and are having a tough time getting through episode 1. Granted we are tired when watching but does this thing pick up after episode 1? 

We both were hooked on "Making A Murderer" and thought from the FFA reviews we would be in on this one but not yet. 

Wife and I have started the series and are having a tough time getting through episode 1. Granted we are tired when watching but does this thing pick up after episode 1? 

We both were hooked on "Making A Murderer" and thought from the FFA reviews we would be in on this one but not yet. 
Yes, it picks up and you start finding out the disturbing stuff in episode 2 I believe.

No, not IMO. It is very slow and really lacks any WTF/OMG/bombshell moments.  I would give it another episode or 2 before throwing in the towel.  But spoiler alert, no payoff. 

watched episode 2 last night, rough stuff, those poor girls  :(

That dude is pure evil, the way he even mimicked the way the girls uncle had abused her, standing by the door watching while other men abuse her. That is some sick diabolical ####.

What really irked me was how the scandal goes all the way to top cardinals who tried to brush this all under the rug by moving the scumbag priest around on different assignments. Just really shady all the way to the top.  You can't just say it's the one dude who is complicit in all this. 

I would have expected the Catholic Church as an organization to completely denounce this dude and assist in putting him in jail after what was it, hundreds of women came out with these testimonies of abuse? 

What really irked me was how the scandal goes all the way to top cardinals who tried to brush this all under the rug by moving the scumbag priest around on different assignments. Just really shady all the way to the top.  You can't just say it's the one dude who is complicit in all this. 

I would have expected the Catholic Church as an organization to completely denounce this dude and assist in putting him in jail after what was it, hundreds of women came out with these testimonies of abuse? 
I agree.  I also believe they would handle the situation much differently today.  

You're entitled to your opinion, but no way for like a dozen reasons... but I'm willing to give it a shot.   I am rewatching ep 1 right now.  Put it on over the weekend but it didn't catch me.  I thought it was something else reading this thread and got all excited for a new case.
The Keepers was awesome but it's not even on the same planet as MAM.  Not because it isn't also a compelling story, but because the MAM directors had unprecedented, once in a lifetime access to the story as it unfolded.

The Keepers is a story that basically happened 50 years ago and is pieced together by all its players in modern day.  The corruption is sickening and some of the events are completely bewildering.  It deserves its own little space in our hearts but MAM was more riveting imo 

Users who are viewing this thread