What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***2017 College World Series Thread*** - SEC, conference of champions. Sorry, Treyn. (1 Viewer)

Long Ball Larry

Footballguy
Selection show at Noon today.

burining questions will be answered such as:

- where will Davidson be seeded?

- which 1 seed will Davidson knock off in the first round?

- was the real impetus for the move to the A-10 to give the Davidson baseball team an easier path to the tournament?

and many more ...

Last edited by a moderator:
The regional weekend games are always fun. I always enjoy this tournament, usually right until fsu gets dropkicked out. 

Miami not in for the first time in 44 years.

Clemson as a host is horrible.

TCU got screwed having to deal with Virginia in their regional.

Oregon St is going to win.

ETA: OSU will win, assuming Larry's Davidson Whatevers don't run away with it.
how dare you.  this kind of tomfoolery is why we have declined our invite in each of the other 114 years of our existence.

What is the deal with this UVA snub?  legitimate?

On paper, Clemson looked like a weird choice, but I literally know nothing about this college baseball season (and pretty much all of the rest too, I guess)

Really looking forward to staying up for Friday night's 11 p.m. (ET) first pitch to watch 23-27 Holy Cross try to take out 49-4 Oregon State.

@Long Ball Larry You going to take a pic of the scoreboard in Chapel Hill with Davidson already up 3-0 in the third?

Someone I know might have done the same when UMass was up 17-7 on Michigan late in the first half at the Big House. :oldunsure:

yup, we're getting there.

always love a good run-scoring balk.

how does this tournament even work?  if you win 2 games in the regional, are you through to the next round?

had to sweat that out a bit.  unc really ripping the ball the last few innings.

now just need to handle the dunk u trailer park.

had to sweat that out a bit.  unc really ripping the ball the last few innings.

now just need to handle the dunk u trailer park.
Answering your earlier question, it's a four-team double-elim. Beat the "sons of Dunk City" and you still need to wait out which of the remaining teams survives and then beat them once. They would need to win twice.

Lose Saturday and you would need to beat the NC-Michigan winner, then FGCU twice.

Also, when did the Big Ten become a P5 in baseball? Five teams in the tournament? Nebraska couldn't even beat Holy Cross. Michigan was the worst team in the "Davidson" Regional. How did either of those teams get in over UConn?

Fat Drunk and Stupid said:
National Seeds #2 & #5, UNC & Texas Tech eliminated.
Big break for the winner of our game. 

Edit: Sam Houston State would definitely beat the Noles. 

I hate this sport.  Davidson manager makes three pitching changes in the 8th, the net result of which is to give up 7 runs.  Should have just left the starter in.  ss blows a ground ball that should have been an inning ending double play (admittedly a tough hop), then the second time the inning should have been over, the ss runs into the 2b on an infield fly causing him to drop it and probably concussion him.

#### you, Doubleday.

Drag. Still, heck of a run for Davidson.

At least this means UMass still has the last appearance in Omaha by a current A-10 member!  :P

It is just amazing how they do that every time. That 3 error play in the 8th was perfect. 
having barely ever watched in college baseball, the difference in fielding quality is perhaps the biggest thing that jumps out to me from the pros.  which is obviously understandable, just catches me offguard.

having barely ever watched in college baseball, the difference in fielding quality is perhaps the biggest thing that jumps out to me from the pros.  which is obviously understandable, just catches me offguard.
In baseball and basketball, the difference between the college and the pros is really startling. 

Spent 10 days in Omaha.  If you've never been, and you are a baseball fan, it's pretty damned cool.  No other reason to visit Omaha though.  Not a damn thing to do but watch baseball and drink.  And watch corn grow.

Horned Frogs got as far as I expected, but ran into a buzz saw in Faedo.  Kid is wicked good.

Users who are viewing this thread