What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wonder Woman: First live action good DC movie in a long time? (1 Viewer)

NewlyRetired

Footballguy
http://wdef.com/2017/05/30/wonder-woman-soars-on-rotten-tomatoes/

Wonder Woman’s big-screen debut is off to a great start, if the critical consensus of early reviews are any indication. 

The new DC Comics film “Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot, had earned a 97 percent fresh rating on movie review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes by Tuesday afternoon, after the site had tallied 66 reviews.

That rating put it ahead of any other film from DC — which produces its movies through Warner Bros. — or its main competitor, Marvel Entertainment, which is owned by Disney. 

Summer movie “Wonder Woman” is the work of another strong woman who battled the forces of Hollywood for the chance to run the big-budget feature….
At DC, “Wonder Woman” beats out Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight,” which earned a 94 percent freshness rating,  and this year’s “The Lego Batman Movie,” which earned a 90 percent.

The highest-rated Marvel films are 2008’s “Iron Man” (94 percent), 2012’s “The Avengers” (92 percent) and “Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 1” (91 percent). 

“Wonder Woman” is the first film from the current DC Extended Universe — which began with 2013’s “Man of Steel” — to earn a “fresh” rating from Rotten Tomatoes. 

Watched both seasons of the original show last year.  Hilarious!
If you're talking about the Lynda Carter show from the 70s, there were 3 seasons of that show. The first season was set in WWII, but ABC wasn't sure about a second season. CBS picked up the series for seasons 2 and 3, but insisted it be set in the current day because it would be cheaper. Lyle Waggoner, who played Steve Trevor, came back as Steve Jr. While there was a love-interest thing between Steve Sr and Wonder Woman, she and Steve Jr were just friends.

If you're talking about the Lynda Carter show from the 70s, there were 3 seasons of that show. The first season was set in WWII, but ABC wasn't sure about a second season. CBS picked up the series for seasons 2 and 3, but insisted it be set in the current day because it would be cheaper. Lyle Waggoner, who played Steve Trevor, came back as Steve Jr. While there was a love-interest thing between Steve Sr and Wonder Woman, she and Steve Jr were just friends.
I didn't know this and don't think I ever saw any of the WWII episodes.   

Lynda Carter (along with Olivia Newton John and Pam Dawber) were the first women on TV, where as a kid I remember thinking "Hey, maybe these girls aren't sp bad after all... :wub:    "

I didn't know this and don't think I ever saw any of the WWII episodes.   

Lynda Carter (along with Olivia Newton John and Pam Dawber) were the first women on TV, where as a kid I remember thinking "Hey, maybe these girls aren't sp bad after all... :wub:    "
Prudish-looking Sandy or Slutty Sandy? 

Forgot about the 3rd season.  Formicida stands out as really bad as does Pied Piper from season 2

More of a Marvel fan, but have the day off so going to go catch the Imax 3D early showing.   

Forgot about the 3rd season.  Formicida stands out as really bad as does Pied Piper from season 2
I remember that episode. Isn't it Martin Mull who plays some light-rock-fern-bar-Steely-Dan-type? He forces her to listen to his music while she sits in a chair that spins and it she somehow changes into WW?

ETA - there also an episode where she is on roller skates or a skateboard. The "Bionic Woman" did something similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved Linda Carter as a kid in her WW outfit but didn't realize, until seeing an episode recently, how cute she was in the uniform and giant glasses. Damn!

eta: pic

I think I could watch Gal Gadot just stand there in her Wonder Woman outfit for two hours.

Okay...three minutes...But still...

Anyone actually seen it yet? Thinking about taking my 7 year old but I'm concerned about the the setting (WWI) and violence.

Anyone actually seen it yet? Thinking about taking my 7 year old but I'm concerned about the the setting (WWI) and violence.
Saw it last night. It's a solid A and ranks up with the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie as my recent favorite superhero movies. Gal Gadot just nails the performance.

I caught an episode the other day and it was set in WWII and for the life of me I couldn't remember that. And having the same actor play the Steve guy was even weirder. Now it all makes sense. 

I caught an episode the other day and it was set in WWII and for the life of me I couldn't remember that. And having the same actor play the Steve guy was even weirder. Now it all makes sense. 
Yeah.  The cost to do a period show was crazy so when CBS bought it, they made some serious changes.  I loved IRA, the super wise cracking supercomputer.  For me the 2nd season where Diana is going to all these different places, but they all look like LA is hilarious.  Detroit has palm trees?   :lol:

Leprechaun episode too.

Users who are viewing this thread