What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wonder Woman: First live action good DC movie in a long time? (1 Viewer)

bcdjr1 said:
LC did a topless scene in a movie called Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw. She's not flat by any means, but there was some "exaggeration" in the WW costume.
:wub:  She was gorgeous.

That's surprising. 
So far the Justice League movies, Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, and Wonder Woman, have not had after-credits scenes. Suicide Squad had a mid-credits scene, but that's the only DCEU movie to have one.

So far the Justice League movies, Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, and Wonder Woman, have not had after-credits scenes. Suicide Squad had a mid-credits scene, but that's the only DCEU movie to have one.
Didn't one of them have one with batman talking to the suicide squad government lady?

Estimated to break $100 million opening weekend domestically.  Breaks the record for biggest opening from a female director.

Watched it this afternoon and both my wife and I were disappointed with it, but we haven't liked any of the D.C. movies so far.  I almost fell asleep in the first hour.  Gal Godot was gorgeous, though...

read the thread.  There are a bunch of FFA reviews.

Rotten Tomatoes is at 94%, IMDB is at 8.4.  Pretty much as strong as you can get for a movie like this across fans and critics.
About the only reviews in here are about how tight the trailer made the FFA's pants. 

Asked my 7 year old son and he said no. Asked my 10 year old daughter and she couldnt wait. Will go tomorrow

Very good movie, I liked it.  It did run a tad longer than I would have liked...there were times I was ready for it to move ahead...but overall a great flick. 

What? No kosher jokes?
I actually had a fleeting thought about maybe being able to "get" her because I am a member of the tribe, like she is. Then I remembered I still look like me and she is still smoking hot and put that thought away. 

saw over the weekend with my 14YO daughter. She loved it. I thought it was pretty good, but could've done without Captain Kirk's character (and his band of misfits).

And for God's sake somebody buy that guy a friggin razor!

I actually had a fleeting thought about maybe being able to "get" her because I am a member of the tribe, like she is. Then I remembered I still look like me and she is still smoking hot and put that thought away. 
meh ... Israeli is a wee bit different than US of A tribe member (yes, i've had relations with both).  

kinda like how when i go to Ireland/Italy i find my lineage mostly scoffed at ... they really DGAF 

:shrug:

really good movie. probably could have been reduced by about 20 minutes, but no major complaints.

for a 'pretty boy', Chris Pine has some really good acting chops.

there were a few scenes on the island and toward the end of the movie that made me wish I was watching in 3D.

Fun movie. Gadot was great and is pretty stunning. 

8 and 6 year old daughters loved it but were a little bit scared a few times. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Movie was incredible, she is incredible, Chris pine was even really good, action was awesome. The best thing about the movie was the incredible score. One of the best superhero movies ever made imo.

Movie was incredible, she is incredible, Chris pine was even really good, action was awesome. The best thing about the movie was the incredible score. One of the best superhero movies ever made imo.
Well there is the confusing ending where

Ares dies and all the Germans seem to come out of a daze and everyone starts hugging, which suggests that Ares was influencing them like Diana had thought up until she killed the fake Ares.  This goes against what Ares was saying, that he was only inspiring them, but that the war impulses were always in them all along.  And while he could've been lying, it also goes against Diana saying that she found out that there is darkness in man, and that stopping Ares wouldn't make them good and wholesome.  And it doesn't explain how, 20 years later, there was an even worse war.  The ending leaves you with a bit of a bitter taste in your mouth after the rest of the movie was so good.

Saw it last night.  Simply fantastic movie.  Gal Gadot is hella hot....and so is Robin Wright.  The DCU finally has a movie on par with Marvel.

Well there is the confusing ending where

Ares dies and all the Germans seem to come out of a daze and everyone starts hugging, which suggests that Ares was influencing them like Diana had thought up until she killed the fake Ares.  This goes against what Ares was saying, that he was only inspiring them, but that the war impulses were always in them all along.  And while he could've been lying, it also goes against Diana saying that she found out that there is darkness in man, and that stopping Ares wouldn't make them good and wholesome.  And it doesn't explain how, 20 years later, there was an even worse war.  The ending leaves you with a bit of a bitter taste in your mouth after the rest of the movie was so good.
It was temporary but mankind's true nature always takes over. 

Users who are viewing this thread