What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL 2017 Training Camp & Preseason: News & Tidbits Thread (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
One of my favorite threads is back for another edition. Once again I will be posting training camp and preseason news from any sources that I come across.  I'm kicking off a little earlier this year to include coverage on OTAs and minicamps.

I also appreciate the contributions that are made to this thread from all other FBG members and in years past there have been many who cover their local teams who have helped to make this thread a great success. 

Please feel free to add commentary or camp battles that you are interested in following or links to any other threads and news articles that will help make this the best source for ongoing information prior to the kick-off on the 2017 NFL season.

Prior years:

OFFICIAL 2016 Training Camp & Preseason: News & Tidbits Thread

OFFICIAL 2015 Training Camp & Preseason: News & Tidbits Thread

OFFICIAL 2014 Training Camp & Preseason: News & Tidbits Thread

OFFICIAL 2013 Training Camp & Preseason: News & Tidbits Thread

* OFFICIAL * 2012 Training Camp / Preseason News & Tidbits Thread

2011 Training Camp / Preseason Observations, News & Tidbits Thread

Training Camp & Preseason Observations

My favorite thread! Always help me keep up with the rooks before my draft.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Tex

Three Quick Hits from Wednesday's OTA Practice

Excerpt:

Praise for Jonnu

The Titans drafted tight end Jonnu Smith in the third round of the NFL Draft, and he stood out during Wednesday’s practice.

Mularkey, in fact, called it his best day.

“Some of the routes he ran today,’’ Mularkey said of Smith. “He is smart. … We have a lot of offense in and I know (he’s studying).”

Smith, drafted 100th overall out of Florida International, said he feels like he’s making progress.

“I am definitely a lot more comfortable,’’ Smith said. “With time and repetition, I just continue to crack away at this playbook little bit little. I still have so much to learn, but I am in here, I am learning it, and I am more comfortable with some of the terminology and the way coaches want things done.”

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy's not getting paid for these, is he?
Maybe by the Dolphins, since they appear at the head of each of the 3 articles.

I like hype as much as the next guy but I'm finding it hard to believe that the Dolphins are going to run 250 plays/game, gain 20k all purpose yards, and score 150 touchdowns on the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the Tampa Bay Times, the Bucs' pass catcher who has "consistently made the most plays" in OTAs "may be" third-round WR Chris Godwin.

"The most consistent guy(s) since we've been out here have been Godwin and Adam (Humphries)," coach Dirk Koetter said Thursday. "Those two guys have been making plays every day. I'm real happy with what Chris is doing. He can play (inside) or out, either one." Godwin was a pure perimeter receiver at Penn State, so it's interesting that Koetter mentioned him as a candidate for slot snaps inside. "Man, Chris Godwin is amazing," Jameis Winston added. "He's an amazing young talent." Jun. 2 - 12:58 pm et 

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=12201&line=358520&spln=1

According to the Tampa Bay Times, the Bucs' pass catcher who has "consistently made the most plays" in OTAs "may be" third-round WR Chris Godwin.

"The most consistent guy(s) since we've been out here have been Godwin and Adam (Humphries)," coach Dirk Koetter said Thursday. "Those two guys have been making plays every day. I'm real happy with what Chris is doing. He can play (inside) or out, either one." Godwin was a pure perimeter receiver at Penn State, so it's interesting that Koetter mentioned him as a candidate for slot snaps inside. "Man, Chris Godwin is amazing," Jameis Winston added. "He's an amazing young talent." Jun. 2 - 12:58 pm et 

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=12201&line=358520&spln=1
Maybe I'm a pessimist or thinkin' you can't BS a BS'er.... and maybe it's just now that I'm really paying a lot of attention to OTA notes, etc., but doesn't this sound like typical coachspeak to give young guys confidence and veterans a challenge?

To me, we hear this junk every year and these players that looked oh-so-great in camp end up doing nothing in the season.  

I watched a good bit of Godwin and think he's a great young WR but heaping on this praise after a few hours of work seems like complete lip service.

Anyways, I'm rambling and maybe this is just a "no duh" type of thing. :lol:

Bucs' beat writers were reporting the same things though. DeSean was out and Godwin was running along side Evans against the 1's. He supposedly made several nice grabs. 

Users who are viewing this thread