What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

(1 spot left!) Dynasty Startup: 14 team IDP and salary cap. Balanced scoring. (1 Viewer)

Krytellan

Footballguy
$60Come take a look at what all the cool kids are doing. We call it fantasy football of the IDP variety. It's hip and swank. Throw in a unique contract system and it's flat out Boosh!Anyhoo, come take a look-see. As stated, it's a 14-team IDP contract dynasty league just getting going. The contract system is a little different, with no defined contract length. Scoring is such that EVERY position has value, not just WR, RB, and LB. Ever wondered what it would be like if fantasy teams relied on a good starting QB as much as real teams do? Ever entered a rookie draft wishing that a world could exist in which a DE or DT could be justified in the 1st round? Ever wish CB/S got points based on their actual job? Yeah, I did too. So I made a league. The Boosh League! Come be a groovy new member of either the Kakow Division or Boo-Ya Division.You can check out the out-of-sight League Rules look like: http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... 30097&O=26 and see what a bad-mamma-jamma Scoring System looks like: http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... 30097&O=08. Or just look around. As you'll soon notice, I put some time and effort into this league setup, and that will hold true for the future as well.This league won't start overnight. I plan to take my time in filling it, to do my best to capture the kind of people I want in the league. In a perfect world it would be launching in July. Drop me a line here, or at krytellan@yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Very curious, for both me and a friend (so for possibly two of the remaining spots). I do have a question though. Explain contracts and how they will function in this league. We both have tons of dynasty experience (and some keeper league experience) but neither of us have ever played in a contract league before.

This league is a bit different than other contract leagues in that you don't assign a length up front. At the startup auction (and each subsequent FA auction), the winning bid becomes that player's year 1 salary. Veteran salaries increase yearly by 10% and rookie salaries (for startup purposes, all players with 0-2 yrs behind them) increase by 25% per year. A player can play out a 4-year contract maximum (exception: Franchise Tag) and all wage increases that come with that from year to year.

At any time, an owner may choose to terminate a contract prior to season rollover in February, whether they have had them one year or the full four. There's no penalty for this drop and the player goes back into the FA pool for the summer auction. There are high guaranteed rates for in-season drops, however. For example, if a player earning $10K is dropped mid-season, 75% of that salary goes with him, meaning that the drop has only cleared $2.5K in cap space. That's the cost of total contract flexibility. You better make sure you want someone before you assign them another contract year.

That's it in a nutshell. Rookie draft picks have their own wage scale, but otherwise are managed by the above system. Everything I did here was for a purpose. I think this system allows people to keep players for a long time if they really want to, but it also creates a lot of yearly hard decisions and makes for a healthy FA auction pool every year.

Does that clear it up?

I'm interested if you still have any openings. I am an IDP veteran of 10+ years and I enjoy a good challenge.

You can email me at: TJTM09@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread