What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New Keeper League forming, PPR, NO IDP, $100 buy-in (1 Viewer)

Caesar

Footballguy
http://www.rtsports.com/fantasy-football-league/192956

Follow the link to check out the details.  Basics below.

$100 Entry.    $600 to first, $300 to second, $100 for third.  $110 for total points (or most VP if the league prefers)

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1DST

1FLEX SUPERFLEX and 1 FLEX RB/WR/TE ONLY

3 keepers up to 3 years (keep up to two times) + 1 franchise tag who must come from rounds 1-3.  Lose two draft rounds from previous year's draft round per keeper.

PPR scoring.  Trading is allowed. 

Let me know if you are in via this thread or PM and I will send your invite out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if I missed it (very well set up :thumbup:  ) but how many divisions and how many in playoffs?

Sounds good for me.  I'll talk to my buddy to see if he wants in and if he wants his own team or for the two of us to go in as one

Not sure if I missed it (very well set up :thumbup:  ) but how many divisions and how many in playoffs?

Sounds good for me.  I'll talk to my buddy to see if he wants in and if he wants his own team or for the two of us to go in as one
Thank you.  I made a couple of executive decisions to get where I thought it ought to be. 

right now I have it set to 3 divisions, 6 make playoffs.  Top two seeds get a bye.

good league but some may pass due to payouts.maybe change payouts to 1st $500 2nd $350 3rd $200 and most points threw week 13 $50.

just my 2 cents.at least maybe change it before anyone signs up

good league but some may pass due to payouts.maybe change payouts to 1st $500 2nd $350 3rd $200 and most points threw week 13 $50.

just my 2 cents.at least maybe change it before anyone signs up
I'm ok if that is people's decision.  If people join and then want to vote a change in payouts, then that is fine by me.

But I don't want to go messing with it now.  I don't believe in giving a prize that is less than the entry fee (it never feels satisfying if thats all you win), and I don't play for second place.

i understand not to play for second but then change1st to $550 with  no total points payout.it is just alot towards 1st place.alot of people may be swayed by that..

i understand not to play for second but then change1st to $550 with  no total points payout.it is just alot towards 1st place.alot of people may be swayed by that..
Maybe shave a bit off of 1st place and put towards most regular season points? 

I like everything but I think we are making the keepers way more complicated than it needs to be. The thing that I really enjoyed about my previous keeper leagues was that it created buyers and sellers later in the season as the deadline came up and the losers sold to competitors to try to rebuild while the buyers looked to win it all. The structure as is- I don't see why I would do that. 

Now, as opposed to the structure I had before (not saying this is what we need/should do but for illustration purposes): Keep 7 players total. No more than two at any one position except the 7th that could be any position but had to be a rookie (redshirt). This made people make trades because they had three really good WR's but maybe if they trade one of them then they get an upgrade at RB that they could keep. Also, as I said before, teams would rent players for their playoff runs and buy from teams that needed to try to get better. This worked well- there was good parity in the league (based on owners skills) and like I said, things always heated up towards the trade deadline. I remember one year making a run for the championship and falling short. Next year my team just tanked and I sold everything for younger players and draft picks. Then the following year I was right back in the championship fight. 

So, if we are looking at 3 keepers- why not just make it 3 players with no more than 1 at ant one position? We dont have to mess with losing picks and all the other stuff. I personally would like more keepers.

I'm in another league that I took over an existing team, that follows pretty much the same rules, except we were allowed to keep up to 6 players and 1 of those 6 players could be franchised, which was basically your 1st or 2nd round pick.  But the disadvantage is that you automatically lose that player the following year.  So I draft Levon Bell in the first round, he'd be my franchise player the next year but a free agent the following year.  Whatever stud I drafted in the 2nd round would be a free agent unless I was able to trade him to another team.

Basically the rules in place here are fine with me.  Some tinkering can be made but generally I'm okay with them.

ONE question, or a required clarification needed...... 1FLEX SUPERFLEX and 1 FLEX RB/WR/TE ONLY, umm what exactly does this mean?

I am feeling the HEAT.  haha!!   Just kidding.  I am cool with dropping the 1st down 100 and putting to total points.  I will edit that in the first post. 

I am willing to vote on 1 or 2 more keepers, and I actually do like the franchise idea, but I would go with first three rounds then.  This would reward good drafting later but also keep it competitive year over year, I believe.  Let me do this.  I will add a franchise tag, that will allow for 4 keepers total, but will remove one round of eligibility for the 3 year players.  Franchise tag will come from rounds 1-3.  The other three keepers will come from rounds 4 and up.  That also creates a little strategy, methinks.

As far as the SUPERFLEX question, the way RTSports has it set up is you can start 1 or 2 QB, and 1 or 2 flex, for a total of 3 MAX players.  The flex position can only be RB/WR/TE.  Its just a weird way to say there are two FLEX spots, but only one of those two can be a QB.  It's a little confusing, I know, and took me a while to figure out how to make it work.

As an example....  if you want to start  Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and Tyreek Hill (as the FLEX), you would just start 2QB and 1FLEX.  If you want to start Aaron Rodgers, Tyreek Hill, and Danny Woodhead, you would start 1QB, and 2FLEX.  Hope that makes sense.  Someone in the other thread mentioned they did not want teams to be able to start 3QB, and I agree that is way overvaluing the position.  But I love the flexibility of being able to flex an extra RB/WR/TE as well.  I think this adds to strategy for the draft, and week to week.  Played in a redraft like that last year, and it was quite challenging.  I think you'll like it if you like the superflex.

I like everything but I think we are making the keepers way more complicated than it needs to be. The thing that I really enjoyed about my previous keeper leagues was that it created buyers and sellers later in the season as the deadline came up and the losers sold to competitors to try to rebuild while the buyers looked to win it all. The structure as is- I don't see why I would do that. 

Now, as opposed to the structure I had before (not saying this is what we need/should do but for illustration purposes): Keep 7 players total. No more than two at any one position except the 7th that could be any position but had to be a rookie (redshirt). This made people make trades because they had three really good WR's but maybe if they trade one of them then they get an upgrade at RB that they could keep. Also, as I said before, teams would rent players for their playoff runs and buy from teams that needed to try to get better. This worked well- there was good parity in the league (based on owners skills) and like I said, things always heated up towards the trade deadline. I remember one year making a run for the championship and falling short. Next year my team just tanked and I sold everything for younger players and draft picks. Then the following year I was right back in the championship fight. 

So, if we are looking at 3 keepers- why not just make it 3 players with no more than 1 at ant one position? We dont have to mess with losing picks and all the other stuff. I personally would like more keepers.
I understand what you are saying.  I have added a franchise player and I think I will leave it at that for now.  If you are willing to go with it and see how it goes, great, but I understand if this isn't what you are looking for. 

Caesar, just fyi my intent was not to push for the franchise tag thing but I like the changes. lol I think I understand everything now with the revised rules, but I'm sure I'll ask questions later on.

Any estimate on when we might start? I know you say once we have ownership in place but.....  Reason I ask is I'll be away for about a week July 1st and again around beginning of August and I'll have limited data use.  Most likely my co-working friend and I will be co-owners so he can run the draft for us.

:thumbup:

Caesar, just fyi my intent was not to push for the franchise tag thing but I like the changes. lol I think I understand everything now with the revised rules, but I'm sure I'll ask questions later on.

Any estimate on when we might start? I know you say once we have ownership in place but.....  Reason I ask is I'll be away for about a week July 1st and again around beginning of August and I'll have limited data use.  Most likely my co-working friend and I will be co-owners so he can run the draft for us.

:thumbup:
Didn't take it that way.  I just really like the idea and I think it will add a bit of strategy year over year.  Think about it, if you keep a 4th or 5th rounder (or both), that will hurt the following year when it comes time to franchise becuase you won't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick (or both)  Pretty cool twist, if you ask me. I think some good players end up back in the player pool because people don't want to inhibit their ability to franchise a guy the next year. 

I am hoping to get started soon.  I will start reaching out to others I know and see if I can drum up some more interest.  I don't post on any other message boards, so if someone knows other places to recruit, I am willing to give that a shot as well.

I understand what you are saying.  I have added a franchise player and I think I will leave it at that for now.  If you are willing to go with it and see how it goes, great, but I understand if this isn't what you are looking for. 
I totally understand. No worries. I am thinking at this point I likely will not join so I will let you guys shape the league moving forward. If it is ok I would like to reserve the right to change my mind up to the point that there are no openings. 

I totally understand. No worries. I am thinking at this point I likely will not join so I will let you guys shape the league moving forward. If it is ok I would like to reserve the right to change my mind up to the point that there are no openings. 
No problem.  Just let me know if you change your mind.  Was hoping to have you on board.

Did you guys start up this new league?

Not to highjack but if anyone is looking to join a similar league where keepers cost round drafted -2 I have several openings in a league that started with this format 12 yrs ago.

In this league FA that were not drafted can't be protected as well as those drafted in rounds 1 & 2.

Available keepers in the dispersal draft include OBJ (2017 Rd5, 2018, Rd3, 2019 Rd1), Howard (Rd 10), M Thomas (Rd 6), Prescot (Rd 14)...

More info HERE

Users who are viewing this thread