What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

T&P Please (2 Viewers)

More thoughts and prayers.

Good to hear that he's going to graduate with his class. Awesome effort and dedication throughout this trying time. Gotta be very proud.

Update on Jack:

Nearing the end of the initial chemo protocol... hard to believe he's been going through this for 40 weeks  Still tolerating well.  Once he finishes this last cycle they'll do scans and based on those results will recommend follow up treatments.  While this sounds like "good news", they are already planning to schedule radiation on his lungs to clean up the metastasized sites there. Please and thank you for continued T&P around scans and effectiveness of treatments over the last 9 months.

Jack continues to go to school to complete his senior year and anticipates graduating on time with the rest of his class.  He only is able to go 2-3 days per week due to the chemo schedule, but he's getting it done.  The plan is to go to MSU in the fall should any additional treatments allow. Unfortunately, his social life has all but gone away.  He was never a "go out every night" kid, but he's lost most contact with his friends... breaks my heart.
feel for you buddy......T&P for you from an ex-borders guy

Scans back and are mostly "good".  Initial mass (140 cm3) is now too small to even measure... still some uptake in the area, but much, much improved.  Most other areas that showed activity in the past are clear.

Still 2 spots on his right lung that have actually grown slightly.  A small amount of activity in his abdomen/pelvis.  His right foot is still worrisome as it's still painful and scans are much less reliable in the extremities.  But the radiation oncologist is confident he can take care of it.

Plan is for 3-4 weeks of radiation to address the areas described above, and then "maintenance" (probably chemo... hopefully oral so he doesn't have to go in every week).  The doctors are mostly positive, citing that his response has been very good and staying aggressive with treatment should prove successful in putting this into remission. Honestly, this was the first time I ever heard them use that word - remission.

Of course, we wanted the scans to come back completely clean, but we're hopeful that his great progress and response provides an "end" in sight.

We are also forwarding his history/results to other oncologists outside the Children's Oncology Group (COG) for 2nd opinions and treatment options.  It's not that we don't trust our doctors, but don't want to leave any stone un-turned. Sloan Kettering and Mass General.

Thank you all for your continued T&P... we can "feel" your support and it means more than you know.

Scans back and are mostly "good".  Initial mass (140 cm3) is now too small to even measure... still some uptake in the area, but much, much improved.  Most other areas that showed activity in the past are clear.

Still 2 spots on his right lung that have actually grown slightly.  A small amount of activity in his abdomen/pelvis.  His right foot is still worrisome as it's still painful and scans are much less reliable in the extremities.  But the radiation oncologist is confident he can take care of it.

Plan is for 3-4 weeks of radiation to address the areas described above, and then "maintenance" (probably chemo... hopefully oral so he doesn't have to go in every week).  The doctors are mostly positive, citing that his response has been very good and staying aggressive with treatment should prove successful in putting this into remission. Honestly, this was the first time I ever heard them use that word - remission.

Of course, we wanted the scans to come back completely clean, but we're hopeful that his great progress and response provides an "end" in sight.

We are also forwarding his history/results to other oncologists outside the Children's Oncology Group (COG) for 2nd opinions and treatment options.  It's not that we don't trust our doctors, but don't want to leave any stone un-turned. Sloan Kettering and Mass General.

Thank you all for your continued T&P... we can "feel" your support and it means more than you know.
I hope you don’t end up at Sloan but if you do your NYC fbgs have you’re back. Keep up the fight. 

Glad to hear the good update, but I am really looking forward to the update when you say that he is cancer free and no longer needs any treatment.

First, so glad to hear the encouraging news, even if there are more steps to take.  Continued thoughts and positive energy your way. 

As to the above, any good Doctor would agree that having more eyes on the matter can only help.  Most importantly, and as great as most folks in the medical field are (nurses, aides, etc), the fact is there is only one person who truly thinks of all this as only you can... Not that it's surprising, but good nonetheless to know that responsibility is being recognized.

Every time I read this I admire your strength....wish you and your family the most positive outcome..God Bless Jack and your family.

Jack Update:

Followup radiation complete on lungs, pelvis and foot.  CT indicates some spots in lungs that are being attributed to radiation related inflammation.  Baseline MRI today before his next 4+ month chemo protocol begins next week. 

He will graduate HS next weekend Summa Cum Laude.  Planning to attend MSU in the fall.  They are being awesome about accommodating Jack and his situation by giving him is own room in a centrally located dorm with 2 HS buddies as his suite-mates.  Hoping and praying it all works out for him.

Headed to Dana-Farber in Boston in a couple weeks for a 2nd Opinion/clinical trial options visit.  They've already indicated that his current protocol is what they would likely recommend, but want to make sure we have all our bases covered.

Thanks for continued prayers... really appreciate you guys! 

Plz convey FFA's decidedly non-Summa collective pride to Jack on his graduation. Farber's the absolute best - my only non-poorpeople charity.

Jack Update:

Followup radiation complete on lungs, pelvis and foot.  CT indicates some spots in lungs that are being attributed to radiation related inflammation.  Baseline MRI today before his next 4+ month chemo protocol begins next week. 

He will graduate HS next weekend Summa Cum Laude.  Planning to attend MSU in the fall.  They are being awesome about accommodating Jack and his situation by giving him is own room in a centrally located dorm with 2 HS buddies as his suite-mates.  Hoping and praying it all works out for him.

Headed to Dana-Farber in Boston in a couple weeks for a 2nd Opinion/clinical trial options visit.  They've already indicated that his current protocol is what they would likely recommend, but want to make sure we have all our bases covered.

Forgot to mention... Jack is being granted a trip to Italy for him and the family in August.  This is from a local "make a wish" type organization... pretty cool!

Jack is a true inspiration and a great role model especially for kids with cancer. Glad he's going to a place like Dana-Farber for a second opinion. 

Very happy he's going to Italy in August! Fun! God bless him❣ xxx 

What a great accomplishment for Jack considering all the trials he's faced. Big Congrats to him and your family Key, Kid is nails  :thumbup:

Given Jacks hurdles Im impressed he's completing school. I am humbled as Im not sure I would have been strong enough to accomplish that. Hell, I barely finished HS as it is. 

Puts things into perspective. Very happy update. 

Keerock said:
Jack Update:

GO GREEEEEN!!! GO JACK!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the High Honors!!!

Scoresman said:
I had it typed out then I saw the notice that someone else had replied and I mashed submit as fast as I could.   :angry:
( •_•)

Still makes you
( •_•)>⌐■-■
a Johnny cum Lately.
(⌐■_■)
YYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

2nd opinion at Dana Farber pretty much validated everything we've done/heard so far.  Good because we feel we've done everything we can... bad because there's nothing "better" to try.  Unfortunately sobering to again hear that there is "no cure"... just a constant effort to keep it at bay.  Hopefully something will come along soon.

2nd opinion at Dana Farber pretty much validated everything we've done/heard so far.  Good because we feel we've done everything we can... bad because there's nothing "better" to try.  Unfortunately sobering to again hear that there is "no cure"... just a constant effort to keep it at bay.  Hopefully something will come along soon.
Immunotherapy looks promising. It'll be after my time but hopefully the next gen can benefit from it. 

Praying it remains in remission for dear Jack, and he enjoys the summer with the exciting things coming up for him! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread