What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

T&P Please (1 Viewer)

Keerock said:
My 17 year old son was admitted to the hospital with a 10x8 cm mass in his abdomen which was affecting his bladder and kidney function.  He's currently getting an MRI to be followed by a biopsy. 

I'm having a hard time being strong for him... gotta hold it together.  If you are so inclined, any thoughts, prayers, and general good thoughts his way would be most appreciated.
Kee- T&P from a fellow Borders Alum and Michigander

Positive thoughts! I can't imagine being able to hold it together in your place, but strong wishes to being able be strong when needed.

SMH... rhabdomyosarcoma.  From the prostrate and/or bladder. Fairly progressed.  Not sure how far until everything can be completely analyzed.

Predicting 3-4 months of very aggressive chemo.  Poor kid :(  only 2 weeks of his Junior year left.  School has said he can skip finals and his grades will stay as is.  Summer baseball is a no-go.

Thanks for your continued thoprawishes.  He laughed when I told him a bunch of internet nerds were praying for him ?

Stay strong, Kee. Cancer sucks. At least it sounds like the doctors are laying out a course of action.

SMH... rhabdomyosarcoma.  From the prostrate and/or bladder. Fairly progressed.  Not sure how far until everything can be completely analyzed.

Predicting 3-4 months of very aggressive chemo.  Poor kid :(  only 2 weeks of his Junior year left.  School has said he can skip finals and his grades will stay as is.  Summer baseball is a no-go.

Thanks for your continued thoprawishes.  He laughed when I told him a bunch of internet nerds were praying for him ?
No words Kee.   The one good thing is, kids bounce back quickly.  His youth will actually be a benefit here.  

Hopes for all the best outcomes from me, Keerock. I have some experience with chemo, so feel free to ping me if you have any questions.

Man oh man. I love you kee. How's he taking the news?

Yeah... unfortunately we're all too familiar. He's at UofM Mott hospital so there's not much better care available anywhere.
Mott is a member institution of the Children's Oncology Group, so you are indeed in the best hands. As a COG member, your son's physicians will benefit from collaboration and data sharing from physicians across the network. 

Not sure whether proton radiation (or radiation generally) has been mentioned as an additional treatment after chemo has been concluded. If so, I do not believe that there are any proton radiation centers in Michigan. If you end up coming to MD Anderson in Houston for proton radiation therapy, know that our Foundation can assist you with free housing and other support services. 

Much love to you and your son. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Best of luck to your son Key.  Had cancer myself at a young age.  I'm a big believer in the power of positive thinking so make sure you guys approach this as something that will be beat.  Times will get hard, your son will feel crappy at times, but have him always look towards the final goal and what great stuff awaits him after treatment is over and he kicks it's ###. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Mott is a member institution of the Children's Oncology Group, so you are indeed in the best hands. As a COG member, your son's physicians will benefit from collaboration and data sharing from physicians across the network. 

Not sure whether proton radiation (or radiation generally) has been mentioned as an additional treatment after chemo has been concluded. If so, I do not believe that there are any proton radiation centers in Michigan. If you end up coming to MD Anderson in Houston for proton radiation therapy, know that our Foundation can assist you with free housing and other support services. 

Much love to you and your son. 
Thanks GBBB.  Radiation has been discussed (not proton as far as I remember).  Will know more in the next few days.

Thanks GBBB.  Radiation has been discussed (not proton as far as I remember).  Will know more in the next few days.
May be premature since chemo is first up, but be sure to ask your radiation oncologist about proton radiation when the topic is on the table for discussion. The primary benefit of proton radiation is that the beam is targeted and the damage to surrounding tissues is greatly minimized.

I have a good feeling about this, I think he's going to be just fine. I don't know why, I just do. And if an optimistic prognosis from a faceless, beer-guzzling lump of mashed potatoes on a message board doesn't buoy your spirits, I just don't know what will. 

Hang in there, man. Your boy will need lots of positive vibes surrounding him. He'll beat this. 

Sending positive vibes your way.  I'm sure this feels like a gut punch, so keep coming back here for good thoughts when you need to reload...we're all pulling for you.

if you dont mind sharing, what is his name?

Users who are viewing this thread