What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

T&P Please (1 Viewer)

Keerock said:
Keerock said:
Truly appreciate all of the swag you guys have sent Jack.  He absolutely loves getting them and has a blast choosing which one to wear each time he goes out.

Started snapping some pics of these great hats/shirts you all were so kind to send... I'll start posting them as I take them.  He's generally a pretty shy kid so I have to sneak them sometimes :D  

@shadyridr - Brooklyn Cyclones
@McGarnicle - Atlanta United
@The Dreaded Marco - Modesto Nuts
@gianmarco  - Gateway Grizzlies with Letter 

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

Jack spent 12 hours yesterday and is back again today for the full battery of scans and tests... Bone marrow biopsies, CTs, MRIs, PET.  Plus also had his normal chemo yesterday as well. Praying that the tests will all come back very favorable.  Next step will likely be radiation.

He's still tolerating the chemo well... except that one of the side effects is neuropathy, which is causing severe pain in one of his feet.  Trying to get that under control with meds and PT.

Thanks again everyone for your continued T&Ps... expecting the results from these tests to be very encouraging!

Update:

Jack spent 12 hours yesterday and is back again today for the full battery of scans and tests... Bone marrow biopsies, CTs, MRIs, PET.  Plus also had his normal chemo yesterday as well. Praying that the tests will all come back very favorable.  Next step will likely be radiation.

He's still tolerating the chemo well... except that one of the side effects is neuropathy, which is causing severe pain in one of his feet.  Trying to get that under control with meds and PT.

Thanks again everyone for your continued T&Ps... expecting the results from these tests to be very encouraging!
Wishing you guys the best Kee.

Update:

God bless him.

Update:

While doing chemo, icing the hands and feet help with chemo induced neuropathy. The Taxane meds especially can cause neuropathy. I took lunch box size ice mats and placed one under each hand and foot. Ask for a towel to put under for the feet packs. so it won't become a slip hazzard on the floor. Some people brought in small bags of peas. The place I went had a fridge/freezer so they'd put it in the freezer until I was ready to start chemo.

Sounds like a real trooper! Best wishes from SF.. xxx

T&P for you guys.

When  is school supposed to start back for Jack?
School starts back up after Labor day.  Working with his counselor on what he can do.  Technically he only needs one English and one Math to graduate, but he/we want his senior year to be as "normal" as possible.  He'll likely only be able to go to classes 2 days per week at most first semester so we're trying to get a schedule that will accommodate that.

As for radiation, Miaderm cream was gold. It was created by a radiation oncologist for radiation burns. It's found in some drug store pharmacies. No rx needed. Or you can get it on Amazon. There are other creams like calendula that work well too that you can get from Whole Foods. I used Aloe vera underneath the Miaderm cream and it worked well.

School starts back up after Labor day.  Working with his counselor on what he can do.  Technically he only needs one English and one Math to graduate, but he/we want his senior year to be as "normal" as possible.  He'll likely only be able to go to classes 2 days per week at most first semester so we're trying to get a schedule that will accommodate that.
Hopefully, the teachers and staff are as understandable as possible. My younger son just finished his Senior HS year and this can be a very stressful time for the healthiest of young people. Wishing you an abundance of strength and patience, Kee.

Hopefully, the teachers and staff are as understandable as possible. My younger son just finished his Senior HS year and this can be a very stressful time for the healthiest of young people. Wishing you an abundance of strength and patience, Kee.
Thanks... they are being awesome so far.

Update:

always thinking of you gb

Update:

Glad to hear Jack is doing well.   Please be  careful with those pain killers though.  My sister got hooked on them when she went through cancer and it was a real struggle to get her off them.  

Just got news that Jack’s previously reported neuropathic pain in his right foot is actually cancer in his toes ?? 

On one hand, I’m glad we know what it is so that they can treat it appropriately (as opposed to neuropathic meds), but damn... he’s been through enough. 

Looks like school might have to wait... hoping he can do online work this semester and then start going back after the first of the year.

He’s starting to show signs of “anger”... getting frustrated with us.  They say that is normal, but that’s so not like him it seems amplified.

On a personal note... I’m really starting to struggle with remaining positive.  I feel guilty and selfish when I go to/travel for work and when good things happen for me there.  Or when I do things for myself like go for a walk, or want to spend time with my wife.

Please keep up the T&P... we really need them.

Damn Kee, not sure what to say.  Sorry to hear about Jack. 

Don't ever feel guilty about spending time with your wife though.  She probably feels 3x worse than you do. She might need you as much as Jack does.

Stay strong and continued T&P.

If you would like, I could see about having my 16 year old daughter and her classmates fix him up a card of some kind.

Just got news that Jack’s previously reported neuropathic pain in his right foot is actually cancer in his toes ?? 

On one hand, I’m glad we know what it is so that they can treat it appropriately (as opposed to neuropathic meds), but damn... he’s been through enough. 

Looks like school might have to wait... hoping he can do online work this semester and then start going back after the first of the year.

He’s starting to show signs of “anger”... getting frustrated with us.  They say that is normal, but that’s so not like him it seems amplified.

On a personal note... I’m really starting to struggle with remaining positive.  I feel guilty and selfish when I go to/travel for work and when good things happen for me there.  Or when I do things for myself like go for a walk, or want to spend time with my wife.

Please keep up the T&P... we really need them.
It pissed me off when everyone kept telling me to stay positive and things kept getting worse so I won't say it to you. I'm pulling for jack and your whole family. 

Still here pulling for Jack and your family.  He's so lucky to have you supporting him.

Those feelings of guilt are totally normal, IMO.  Remember those good things at work are helping him as well in an indirect way. 

Cancer is a battle for the entire family. So don't be too hard on yourself, and be sure to make time for yourself and for you and your wife. You need to stay replenished and strong (this is a marathon, not a sprint) and the only way you can do that is by taking care of yourself. 

I am continuing to pray for you, Jack and your entire family. 

More thoughts and prayers heading your way. As others have said don't let yourself feel guilty. You're human and your need for a break from the stress is important not only for you but for your ability to be there for your son and family through this. Hoping for some better news soon.

Sorry GB - continued good thoughts your way.  Don't feel guilty for things out of your control - also, I think taking some time for you and your wife will keep you energized for the long haul to help Jack when he finally kicks cancer's ###.

Dammit. So sorry to hear this update, kee. What's the medical plan of attack for taking care of the toes?

Very best wishes to all you of you for a quick and full recovery.

Sorry to hear that news, Kee. No need to feel guilty about doing a few little things for yourself and your wife so you can both be there for Jack!

T&P

Dammit. So sorry to hear this update, kee. What's the medical plan of attack for taking care of the toes?

Very best wishes to all you of you for a quick and full recovery.
Won't know until we see his Dr after the holiday.  My guess would be radiation and palliative care, but I honestly have no clue.

You need to keep yourself strong for him, Kee.  If that means taking a bit of time for yourself, that's not selfish.  It's preparing yourself to have his back in this fight, which he needs.

Continued thoughts and prayers for Jack, you, and your family. 

Users who are viewing this thread