What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Take it or leave it? (1 Viewer)

Brooklyn70

Footballguy
I've been offered a trade proposal.

I give: B. Bortles and John Brown

Receive:  R. Tannehill, A. Thielen and D. Pumphery

Take it or leave it?

My roster is listed below:

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

Hunt, Kareem KCC RB (R)

Jones, Aaron GBP RB (R)

McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB (R)

McKinnon, Jerick MIN RB

Montgomery, Ty GBP RB (Q)

Perkins, Paul NYG RB

Vereen, Shane NYG RB

Agholor, Nelson PHI WR

Dorsett, Phillip IND WR

Funchess, Devin CAR WR

Godwin, Chris TBB WR (R)

Robinson, Allen JAC WR

Stewart, ArDarius NYJ WR (R)

Switzer, Ryan DAL WR (R)

Thielen, Adam MIN WR (Q)

Watkins, Sammy BUF WR (Q)

Woods, Robert LAR WR

Engram, Evan NYG TE (R)

Hooper, Austin ATL TE

I'm a big believer in John Brown, so that pretty much determines my choice.  Bortles/Tannehill is a "pick your poison" sort of choice.  Pumphrey adds enough balance to make the offer seem "fair" but I don't really see feature-back potential in him.  So I'd take the Bortles side and enjoy as a bonus that it comes with an extra roster spot.

I would rather have the Bortles and Brown side.  This boils down to your thoughts on Brown vs Thielen.  Everything else is a wash.  

I prefer the Tannehill/Thielen/Pumphrey side. Its a pretty even deal, so i like the side getting more players. Bortles is slightly better than Tannehill and Thielen is slightly better than Brown in my opinion, so Pumphrey is enough of a tie breaker for me.

This is a pretty even deal.

My biggest goal is to have the player with the most upside to be a fantasy difference maker, and that player IMO is Brown. 

So I would stay put.

I like your roster better with J Brown. We're all worried about his sickle-cell trait but all reports lately are good. Also, J Brown ceiling could replace what you lose with Watkins if his foot acts up.

Theilen is good but Pumphrey is just a flex NEXT year. This pair for Brown is not crazy but, i like Brown better.

Tanny for Bortles is fair but, Bortles is under new mgmt. Yes, they appear to be going run heavy with Fournette 4th overall but, it was Coughlin who drafted Nicks, Cruz, and OBJ in NY. He likes to throw too! 

I like J Brown. I stand pat.

Scoring??? Is this PPR? or regular?  and as slicebred asked and I will assume, Thielen is NOT on your roster.  I am not a Brown fan and with his "concerns of health", I have more confidence with Thielen... also, between the two QBs, neither one will start for you with Rodgers... so they are a wash.   and, IMO, I have Thielen ranked higher than Brown.   I like the Tannehill/Thielen/Pumphrey side...you have a couple of players (older ones) that you can let go to carry Pumphrey with out hurting your roster at all.  

Users who are viewing this thread