What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should this man be charged with a crime? (1 Viewer)

Sure looks like it is, the guy certainly looks like he is struggling to breathe, but I don't know all of the details and not about to make a determination on a few seconds of video.

Sure looks like it is, the guy certainly looks like he is struggling to breathe, but I don't know all of the details and not about to make a determination on a few seconds of video.
Supposedly:

Victim is peeing outside at a Denny's. Fat guy pulls up in his car. They have words about the guy peeing that escalates to violence. The fat guy then puts him in a chokehold for almost 10 minutes while his wife (off-duty cop) keeps her knees and weight on his left arm. 

Happened over 10 days ago and no charges have been filed. 

So the going rate for urination in public is death?   Death penalty sounds good to me. She should be kicked off the force forever. Charged with accessory maybe. I would also charge the person attempting to blocking the video with something if possible.

Somebody needs to get in trouble for that. Unless there is more to the story than what I read and I did not watch the video, these people took it to far - obviously.

Well, there's this:

According to the witnesses, Hernandez threw the first punch.

It might be tough to pin murder on a guy who had a punch thrown at him and tried to subdue the dude. 

Well, there's this:

It might be tough to pin murder on a guy who had a punch thrown at him and tried to subdue the dude. 
I guess I agree with this but 10-min.  What did the guy think would happen to the dude?  

Manslaughter:  the crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or otherwise in circumstances not amounting to murder.

Hope he gets 20 years or so though.

Manslaughter:  the crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or otherwise in circumstances not amounting to murder.

Yeah, I could see manslaughter.  Still gonna be tough to convict.  

Yeah, I could see manslaughter.  Still gonna be tough to convict.  
No doubt, but that video will help a ton.  If you are a 250 lb. man you can't just lay on someone while choking them for 10 minutes.  At some point, self defense no longer applies.

We spent two weeks in Crim Law defining malice aforethought. That doesn't make a man charge. I'll step back and let Woz, Henry, and the rest let their opinions be held up because they practice, whereas mine was a decade ago, and I frankly forget.  

No doubt, but that video will help a ton.  If you are a 250 lb. man you can't just lay on someone while choking them for 10 minutes.  At some point, self defense no longer applies.
So how much can you weigh to lay on top of someone while choking them for ten minutes?  

Seems excessive but wtf are the chick and dude in black just blocking the video? "She is a sheriff" ?maybe instead of blocking the guy with the video you actually check to see if your buddies  (presumably) have taken the altercation too far? 

So how much can you weigh to lay on top of someone while choking them for ten minutes?  

Seems excessive but wtf are the chick and dude in black just blocking the video? "She is a sheriff" ?maybe instead of blocking the guy with the video you actually check to see if your buddies  (presumably) have taken the altercation too far? 
How does everyone become a legal expert in these scenarios?  You can hear the stupid chick and biker guy saying it is "illegal to film".  How in the world do they know that?????? 

So the going rate for urination in public is death?   Death penalty sounds good to me. She should be kicked off the force forever. Charged with accessory maybe. I would also charge the person attempting to blocking the video with something if possible.
The guy blocking the video should at least be charged with impersonating a village person.

How does everyone become a legal expert in these scenarios?  You can hear the stupid chick and biker guy saying it is "illegal to film".  How in the world do they know that?????? 
They don't just let anyone hang around a Denny's parking lot, chief.

They don't because it's not illegal to film. In some jurisdictions it is illegal to film the police now but this woman was off duty. People are morons.

And who the hell reacts like this to a guy peeing in public? There isn't a man alive who hasn't had to pee in public at least once so the men involved in this are also hypocrites.

I haven't been to a Denny's in about 20 years, but seems like the same place. Pretty sure black vest wannabe biker guy was there too.

Well, there's this:

You can't choke a guy to death because he throws a punch.  

:confused:  They still have it.
I figured their menu would have changed in the past 20 years. I remember we would stop there for breakfast once a year on our way to the beach. My grand slam always came with a baseball card.  Still have them too  :thumbup:

He had plenty of time to do some thinking.  The guy was getting strangled in a piss poor chokehold for 5 minutes.  Not only should he do multiple decades in prison, his wife and daughter should see some prison walls for helping.  There isn't much humanity to killing someone for taking a piss outside.

I figured their menu would have changed in the past 20 years. I remember we would stop there for breakfast once a year on our way to the beach. My grand slam always came with a baseball card.  Still have them too  :thumbup:
I was there for breakfast almost a month ago. They still have grand slams but I don't think they give out the cards anymore. Can't confirm this though.

There's no need for him to do what he did when a police officer is present. Sure, it's his wife, and she's off duty, but so what? Even if she's off duty, she should take charge of the situation, and he should let her take charge of it knowing she's a cop. 

They're both ####ed!

There's no need for him to do what he did when a police officer is present. Sure, it's his wife, and she's off duty, but so what? Even if she's off duty, she should take charge of the situation, and he should let her take charge of it knowing she's a cop. 

They're both ####ed!
My impression was that because this guy is married to a cop so he thinks he can act like a cop. Power drunk by association.

Hope he gets a crap load of time for murdering the guy.  He did this in front of his kids???  what a jag off

I feel like if this isn't murder, then we need to change the laws that classify what murder is, this pretty cut and dry. We learn by 1st grade, that you die if you go anywhere near that long without breathing. Who cares if it was planned, anyone with a 1st grade education knows what the result would be. 100% murder. Probably give the wife manslaughter as well, or at least negligence resulting to death or accessory to murder. Anything that puts her in for 20+.

They don't because it's not illegal to film. In some jurisdictions it is illegal to film the police now but this woman was off duty. People are morons.

And who the hell reacts like this to a guy peeing in public? There isn't a man alive who hasn't had to pee in public at least once so the men involved in this are also hypocrites.
Many women I know have peed in public too.

I blame MMA. Every meathead thinks he can do a choke out. 
That's exactly what I was thinking.  As kids we thought we could all do wrestlemania moves like the figure four or the camel clutch. 

I'm not trying to turn this in to a thread about our ex wives pal.
No ex wife for this guy. :bowtie:

20 years with the same woman, if I ever wonder what else is out there I see videos like this and know I'm going nowhere. 

Users who are viewing this thread