What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much would you give up to get McCoy to win now. Parker+2018 1st 2018 2nd 2018 3rd? (1 Viewer)

aowpie

Footballguy
Trying to make a trade with a McCoy owner who is in rebuild mode.  The other players of note that he has are tyreek hill and Pryor.  Don't think I would ever start hill, but pryor might be a bye week flex.  I am in win now mode and really think I am a Lesean Mccoy away from making the championship.  I have gotten 3rd three years in a row in this league and only the top two pay so I need to get over the hump.  My question is how much would you give give up to get Mccoy without completely crippling yourself for the future?  

If you were myself and the mccoy owner would devante parker + 2018 1st 2nd and 3rd for mccoy be fair.  Note that the Mccoy owner has no chance of even making the players for at least 2 years in my opinion so he has no use for mccoy. Should I try and make this trade happen, change it up, or is it not fair?

Start 1 qb, 1RB, 1WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, K, D
1 Pt PPR, no premiums, standard qb scoring.
My Roster:

QB: A Rodgers, Marriota
RB: Howard, Doug Martin, Paul Perkins, 2 trash players I will cut.
WR: Aj Green, Deandre Hopkins, Donte Moncreif, Devante Parker, Jordan Matthews, Eric Decker, Lafell
TE: Olsen, Ebron, Hooper
Picks: 2017 3rd, 2018 1st, 2018 2nd pick is from a horrible team so it will prob be around 2.03) and 2018 3rd.

If I believed I had no shot, I would take Parker and a 1st/2nd/3rd as good value on McCoy.

Selling older RBs is hard, and those assets are all young enough to be promising.  McCoy also helps you a lot more now than losing Parker hurts you.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy, I offered him that deal without the 2nd rounder and he still insta accepted and we're both better off I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course I would take that offer for McCoy if I was in total rebuild mode and had no shot at competing.  That is great value for McCoy.  The question is would I give up that much to get McCoy?  I think it is on the high side and I think Perkins will be a solid player and Martin will be fine once he comes back from suspension.  I don't think you are that bad at the RB spot although McCoy is a nice upgrade (although he is getting older and does have a bit of an injury history). 

I don't think I make this move right now.  I might look to see how the season starts and if Perkins/Martin aren't panning out and you need something to push you over the top make the deal mid season.  You may find that you need something other than RB and that 2018 1st could come in handy then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think getting McCoy without the 2nd is what really makes it great. I'd be looking to deal Martin now for a younger RB, knowing that it would be a lesser guy for 2017. Maybe you can get a Kenneth Dixon type if you are lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread