What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tell us how you really feel (1 Viewer)

I'm 100% against moments of silence. Nobodies  deserves special consideration for their death regardless of the circumstances. I certainly wouldn't want even one person pressured in to it over my death.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 100% against moments of silence. Nobodies  deserves special consideration for their death regardless of the circumstances. I certainly wouldn't want even one person pressured in to it over my death.
:mellow:

Um, I don't think asking for a moment of silence for the departed is special consideration, nor is asking someone to not engage in conversation for a few seconds being pressured into it.

:mellow:

Um, I don't think asking for a moment of silence for the departed is special consideration, nor is asking someone to not engage in conversation for a few seconds being pressured into it.
Of course they are being pressured in to it.

If we are going to ask for a MOS for specific deceased then why not everyone that dies under terrible circumstances? Seems very hypocritical to me.

Why would they support a moment of silence? They are the country that exports the theology that supports the terrorists. They fund terrorists. They arm terrorists. They are in the process of committing genocide in Yemen. And yet we act like they are allies. They are not.

Of course they are being pressured in to it.

If we are going to ask for a MOS for specific deceased then why not everyone that dies under terrible circumstances? Seems very hypocritical to me.
You are right. Are the European teams taking a MOS every time a terrorist attack kills people in Beirut or Baghdad? 

You are right. Are the European teams taking a MOS every time a terrorist attack kills people in Beirut or Baghdad? 
If the Beruit or Baghdad teams requested a moment of silence for their fallen brethren, I have no doubt the European teams would oblige.

Why would they support a moment of silence? They are the country that exports the theology that supports the terrorists. They fund terrorists. They arm terrorists. They are in the process of committing genocide in Yemen. And yet we act like they are allies. They are not.
Obviously.   But our Presidents bow down to them because we need their oil. 

Obviously.   But our Presidents bow down to them because we need their oil. 
No, they bow to them out of common custom, respect to their culture and proper etiquette. There are photos of Eisenhower bowing to foreign heads of state and it wasn't because we needed their oil.

Frankly, why is anyone surprised.  The whole country is full of gigantic pieces of dung who hate the way of life in the West.

F em.  

It's not hard for them to just fake it and observe the moment of silence, but these scum have no respect for anything but their own evil system of beliefs.  It wouldn't surprise me if these ####heads celebrated every time one of their disgusting "brothers" went on their rampages.  Saudi Arabia is a despicable country as are the people from there.  #### them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre game minute silence:
AFC approved it pre game.
Travelling Saudi officials said no.
FFA tried to reason, no avail and went ahead.

If the FFA couldn't talk any sense into them, is there any hope?

Been saying this for two decades and no one listens.  Before 9/11 I was saying it, they never once had my country's best interest in mind.  NEVER. 

Still a dumb thread though, so many other ways to express these facts.  To do it through a sporting event is lazy and uninspiring.  :bye:

Oh, and who won the handball championship? 

Users who are viewing this thread