What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Underperforming guys you currently hate (1 Viewer)

Doctor Detroit

Please remove your headgear
Aledmys Diaz 

Picked him in my categories league for pop, and a good BB/K ratio. Well his pop is meh and he's not walking and striking out a ton compared to last year.  I finally dropped him.

Still some hope in deep roto although as the weeks pass I'm getting less optimistic. SS is pretty gross so I'm not dumping him but it would be nice if I could get something out of this guy. 

CarGo's been awful. How can he possibly have a .660 OPS with 1/2 of his games in that ballpark? Plus, while the Rockies' numbers, as a team, on the road are obviously less than at Coors, they're not falling off the cliff like in years past. 

These two guys have absolutely destroyed my pitching staff.

Tanaka (currently 870 in Pie) - didnt really like him heading into the draft, but then he dazzled so much in ST I ended up taking him in Pie. Yeesh.

Gausman (currently 1076 in Pie) - thought he was going to "break out" this year. Nice 1.90 WHIP. Oooof.

Gausman hasn't bothered me much because I haven't started him in my weekly H2H since April, but I finally got tired of waiting for him to get his #### together.  Dumped him for Uncle Buck over the weekend.  My justification?  At least he's not Gausman.

Jon Lester seems to escape a lot of wrath but he's been bad lately.  Gerrit Cole, Marsha Tantonka and Julio Urias can all go #### themselves in the butt.

Jose Quintana -

I wasn't expecting greatness but at least some solid numbers that would get him to a contender via trade to increase his win total.

2 wins, 5.30 ERA, 1.41 WHIP

and Julio Teheran ain't much better. :rant:

jamny said:
Jose Quintana -

I wasn't expecting greatness but at least some solid numbers that would get him to a contender via trade to increase his win total.

I know and where did all the quality starts go?  I am in a QS league and I didn't expect a lot of wins on that team but he has always been solid in the QS department.  He has been outright terrible this year.

General Malaise said:
Jon Lester seems to escape a lot of wrath but he's been bad lately.  Gerrit Cole, Marsha Tantonka and Julio Urias can all go #### themselves in the butt.
Twice now I've benched Tatonka because he's unusable.  Then he comes out and hurls a gem.  I buy back in.  I start him and he pukes up all over his uni.  Of course he was awesome last night because baseball.

Doctor Detroit said:
Aledmys Diaz 

Picked him in my categories league for pop, and a good BB/K ratio. Well his pop is meh and he's not walking and striking out a ton compared to last year.  I finally dropped him.

Still some hope in deep roto although as the weeks pass I'm getting less optimistic. SS is pretty gross so I'm not dumping him but it would be nice if I could get something out of this guy. 
I'm in the same boat.  Been switching up with Baez but prob just stick with Baez going forward.  Probably drop Diaz soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Doctor Detroit said:
Aledmys Diaz 

Funny you should say that.  I had manny machado lined up as my top pick this year.  I figured hes as safe a pickas could be.  Cant miss.  At the last minute i change my mind and take bumgarner.   I wait until late in the draft and take aledmys diaz and pat myself on the back.  Season is now ruined. 

Funny you should say that.  I had manny machado lined up as my top pick this year.  I figured hes as safe a pickas could be.  Cant miss.  At the last minute i change my mind and take bumgarner.   I wait until late in the draft and take aledmys diaz and pat myself on the back.  Season is now ruined. 
Seems to me it was ruined no matter which decision you made

Of course Gerrit Cole has a gem when he's on my bench.  Ugh
Someone had enough and dropped him in my H2H league so I picked him up on Monday after rosters locked. This was the perfect tease for me to throw him in my lineup for his 2 starts next week and watch him get shelled. 

CarGo's been awful. How can he possibly have a .660 OPS with 1/2 of his games in that ballpark? Plus, while the Rockies' numbers, as a team, on the road are obviously less than at Coors, they're not falling off the cliff like in years past. 
Nice 0-24 run this guy's on. 

What is going on with Lindor lately?  6 for his last 40 with 0 HRs, 1 run and 2 RBIs.  Also, he's not stealing at all this year.  

Tanaka.  Killed 2 teams. Although, I'm a glutton for punishment having picked him up in Serious Biz.

Machado has really hurt the 2 teams I have him on.

Machado, Cabrera, Tanaka, Harvey.  Took Machado 10th overall and can`t stand watching him.

I could not take Cabrera anymore and traded him 2 weeks ago for straight up for Encarncion as his owner was as fed up with him.  Has worked out pretty good so far.

Tanaka has been lit up 3 times in the first inning of games for 7-8 runs and single handedly has destroyed my ERA and WHIP..I bench him and he Ks 12

All I keep reading about Tanaka and Harvey is that they are 100% healthy, velocity is actually up. Yet they get lit up like Mike Pelfrey every time out.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last 3 pitchers I streamed tossed ERA's of 18.9 Gausman,  21.6 Foltynewicz  and  43.2 Wheeler.

Anyone need a SP to go down? I'll pick them up

Machado, Cabrera, Tanaka, Harvey.  Took Machado 10th overall and can`t stand watching him.

I could not take Cabrera anymore and traded him 2 weeks ago for straight up for Encarncion as his owner was as fed up with him.  Has worked out pretty good so far.

Tanaka has been lit up 3 times in the first inning of games for 7-8 runs and single handedly has destroyed my ERA and WHIP..I bench him and he Ks 12

All I keep reading about Tanaka and Harvey is that they are 100% healthy, velocity is actually up. Yet they get lit up like Mike Pelfrey every time out.
Encarnacion belongs in this thread also, he has a sub 800 OPS and is the #31 mixed roto league OBP 1Bman.  He's not good, and I believe in Cabrera's skills more than his. 

Pitching is terrible this year, it's almost fantasy football type luck figuring out who the hell might be good.  I do not own Tanaka shares but I believe in his peripherals and skills, I think he's still a top 30 guy going forward.

I do own Harvey shares and he's broke, we'll see how he recovers but Thoracic Outlet surgery is serious business.  I think he still has ace upside, but this is a long-term play. 

funny how multiple guys listed in here have had good games in recent days.

diaz starting to break out.  please keep listing guys in here i own.  it seems to be helping them

Encarnacion belongs in this thread also, he has a sub 800 OPS and is the #31 mixed roto league OBP 1Bman.  He's not good, and I believe in Cabrera's skills more than his. 
Last 3 weeks shows EE turning it around .327/.386/.538

counting numbers aren't there, but  not really his fault as the guys in front of him haven't been all that special recently.

And I believe in EE's health more than Cabrera's skills

Pitching is terrible this year, it's almost fantasy football type luck figuring out who the hell might be good.  I do not own Tanaka shares but I believe in his peripherals and skills, I think he's still a top 30 guy going forward.

I do own Harvey shares and he's broke, we'll see how he recovers but Thoracic Outlet surgery is serious business.  I think he still has ace upside, but this is a long-term play. 
Machado still at .215 is very puzzling.

I traded Cabrera because I still think his back is injured as he is in the longest HR drought of his career right now. Was not a fan of Encarncion but just wanted a change.  Looks like Harvey is headed for a long DL stint.  Fastball was 6-7 MPH off last night and he says his arm is dead.  IMO there is no such thing as a tired or dead arm..it is an injury of some sort.

the moops said:
John Lackey and his stupid face
Yeah #### this guy. I only activate him when he has two starts, like this week. -1.5 the other day and he faces PIT Sunday.

Also, I can't #### on Pineda too much because he's had some really good starts, but man is he inconsistent.

Yeah #### this guy. I only activate him when he has two starts, like this week. -1.5 the other day and he faces PIT Sunday.

Also, I can't #### on Pineda too much because he's had some really good starts, but man is he inconsistent.
Pineda is pretty much the same as he always has been

Limp Ditka said:
Last 3 weeks shows EE turning it around .327/.386/.538

counting numbers aren't there, but  not really his fault as the guys in front of him haven't been all that special recently.

:coffee:

Limp Ditka said:
And Miggy answers in style.

There aren't that many out there that genuinely love the game like he does. It shows in just about everything he does. Honestly love that guy.  

Jose Quintana -

And that's the problem when you have guys you just expect to set and forget for the season but their play forces you to make start/sit decisions.

Quintana vs. Toronto - 7 inning 1W 5k 2.57era  1.00whip

Teheran vs. Nats - 7 inning 1W 3k 2.57era  1.00whip

Both on my bench. :wall:  

Cargo.  Yes, I know he has been mentioned.  But he has been that bad.  Tapia is now stealing starts/ABs

Users who are viewing this thread