Getzlaf15

*** 2017 NHL Off-Season Thread ***

1,226 posts in this topic

What are the Canadiens doing?

Lost Markov, Beaulieu, Emelin, Radulov, Sergachev.

Added Alzner, Drouin, Schlemko, Streit, Hemsky, Jerabek

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 

Word around the campfire is Granlund and El Niño are looking for 6M per year

But, it is being reported by Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Strib

 

 

Edited by Jules Winnfield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 x 8 for Ryan Johansen

steep price. going to help bump up a lot of players next deals probably.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to Vegas for a game vs the Coyotes. Anyone ever been to the arena. Is it close to everything or off the beaten path. 

My wife texted me a little bit ago that she was at a party with Rob Scuderi. Asked if I ever heard of him. Him, I know. Afro guy, still have no idea. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Michael Russo‏ @Russostrib 18h18 hours ago

#mnwild has signed Nino Niederreiter to a five-year deal worth $26.25 million $5.25AAV, sources say. No no-trade protection

 

Quote

 

Elliotte Friedman‏ @FriedgeHNIC Jul 30

PIT and Conor Sheary reach a three-year, $9M deal

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:05 PM, AcerFC said:

Going to Vegas for a game vs the Coyotes. Anyone ever been to the arena. Is it close to everything or off the beaten path. 

My wife texted me a little bit ago that she was at a party with Rob Scuderi. Asked if I ever heard of him. Him, I know. Afro guy, still have no idea. 

The Kings played a preseason game in Vegas every pre-season for the last many years and last year the games were at the new arena instead of the MGM.  The arena is right behind New York, New York.  It is walking distance from the strip.  If you stay at NYNY, Excalibur, MGM, or in that general area you will be fine for walking to the arena. 

 

I am not sure what it will be like for regular season games but for the two preseason games we went to they only opened up one side for entrance and one side for exit after the game.  It made for a really long time to get out of the arena.

 

I will be going back for the Kings vs GKnights preseason game in September. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

 

nice deal for Nino. hoping for something similar for Granny also under $6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2017 at 3:22 PM, Aaron Rudnicki said:

What are the Canadiens doing?

Lost Markov, Beaulieu, Emelin, Radulov, Sergachev.

Added Alzner, Drouin, Schlemko, Streit, Hemsky, Jerabek

 

Somewhere in here i think i said MB seems to have no plan. How anyone can suggest the Habs have improved is beyond me.

We need Price to stand on his head every night while our immobile D just keep dumping the puck out and hope Drouin outraces the opponent to the puck.

Solid plan!

:hot:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

puck daddy on nbc and nbcsn schedule

I can't agree with him more about Wednesday nights.

As somebody who pays for DTV Center Ice, I don't look forward to the national tv games. (There are still Flyers games occasionally  though where the only feed is the opponents)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, falguy said:

Somewhere in here i think i said MB seems to have no plan. How anyone can suggest the Habs have improved is beyond me.

We need Price to stand on his head every night while our immobile D just keep dumping the puck out and hope Drouin outraces the opponent to the puck.

Solid plan!

:hot:

Don't dump it in the corner. Drouin is allergic to it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wings in cap hell?

Quote

As of Aug. 1, little more than two months before the season is slated to begin, the Red Wings are sitting more than $3.02 million over the salary cap, and unlike other teams with cap overages — the Toronto Maple Leafs are $3.929 million above the $75-million limit, the Chicago Blackhawks nearly $35,000 — there is no easy way out of the red for Detroit. No, not even by using long-term injured reserve. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2017 at 6:26 PM, Bill Brasky said:

nice deal for Nino. hoping for something similar for Granny also under $6

Not much under but your wish is granted

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jules Winnfield said:

Not much under but your wish is granted

 

wish they would have got 5 years there too and brought it down a bit.  still a nice deal though. Granny looking for another bigger payday, smart move.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

wish they would have got 5 years there too and brought it down a bit.  still a nice deal though. Granny looking for another bigger payday, smart move.  

And it protects the Wild a bit against injury/concussion risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, Johnny Rock said:

And it protects the Wild a bit against injury/concussion risk.

I don't think there are the injury concerns with him from earlier in his career.  someone in the organization finally got him to wear a helmet that fits a few years ago and he's missed one game in two seasons.  not playing center helps a lot too and doesn't get hit that often. I'd say lock him in longer while you can.  though I'm sure he's pushing for that shorter term to get a bigger payday because he's just starting to show how high he can drive his point totals.

 

Edited by Bill Brasky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

RIP bryan Murray

Sad day.  I met him before game 7 NJ/ANA SCF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Sad day.  I met him before game 7 NJ/ANA SCF.

Will be remembered here as the guy before Scotty Bowman....I think he did a heck of a job here as GM but seldom gets mentioned as a factor in red wings lore...he was coach and GM from 1990-1993. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pastrnak trade rumors are awesome.
 

https://sports.yahoo.com/stanley-cup-odds-sidney-crosby-david-pastrnak-puck-daddy-countdown-150021064.html

Quote

 

Now, with that having been said, here’s the other thing about that “The Bruins’ negotiations with David Pastrnak are going sideways and they might trade him” rumor: For no other franchise in the league would such a rumor be remotely believable. But this is the Bruins we’re talking about.

In chronological order:

In 2005, they traded Joe Thornton, when he was 26.

In 2007, they traded Kris Versteeg, when he was 21.

In 2009, they traded Phil Kessel when he was 22.

In 2011, they traded Blake Wheeler, when he was 23.

In 2013, they traded Tyler Seguin, when he was 21.

In 2015, they traded Dougie Hamilton, when he was 21.

Man, that’s a lot of star players (plus Versteeg, who’s been a useful depth piece forever), almost all traded for negative value during or before their primes, all in consecutive odd-numbered years — fun coincidence — for a decade-plus. And of those trades, only Thornton’s and Wheeler’s were mid-season.

So it’s an odd-numbered year again, and they have a 21-year-old star-in-the-making (he had 70 points last season, people forget that). Then a rumor crops up that he might get traded? You might still take that with a grain of salt, but it’d have to be an awful large grain. Just because, man, look at that track record.

Turns out, it wasn’t in the Bruins’ plans. Or at least, that’s what Don Sweeney said when asked about it. Of course, they might have said the same thing about Hamilton. Or Seguin. Or Wheeler. Or Kessel.

 

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bill Brasky said:

I can't wait to hear this one get explained away.  I hope he stepped on the logo in the locker room or something

what happened with Kaprizov?

https://www.hockeywilderness.com/2017/8/14/16142190/it-seems-like-the-wild-really-screwed-up-the-kirill-kaprizov-situation-minnesota-khl-cska-moscow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

lol, what a goofy article.  implying the organization is ignoring him based on one comment Kaprizov gave saying they didn't show interest.  they actually had to give his draft jersey to a team official at world juniors to pass along to them because they were barred from meeting him.  he has no North American agent and there are no lines of communication available to reach him in Russia.  he's one of the countries best prospects/rising stars so there is probably lots of protection there.  Wild have made several public statements stating he has a guaranteed roster spot day 1 if he comes over, no Iowa.  his KHL contract has been reported and refuted several times, including by the same guy.  hard to figure out anything that's going on over there.  but to imply that they didn't even try to get their best prospect over is laughable.  Russo spent a half hour on the radio going over this yesterday. 

Russians are always a gamble, those are the breaks. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bill Brasky said:

lol, what a goofy article.  implying the organization is ignoring him based on one comment Kaprizov gave saying they didn't show interest.  they actually had to give his draft jersey to a team official at world juniors to pass along to them because they were barred from meeting him.  he has no North American agent and there are no lines of communication available to reach him in Russia.  he's one of the countries best prospects/rising stars so there is probably lots of protection there.  Wild have made several public statements stating he has a guaranteed roster spot day 1 if he comes over, no Iowa.  his KHL contract has been reported and refuted several times, including by the same guy.  hard to figure out anything that's going on over there.  but to imply that they didn't even try to get their best prospect over is laughable.  Russo spent a half hour on the radio going over this yesterday. 

Russians are always a gamble, those are the breaks. 

that article does mention some of that stuff. I just didn't know any of the background here. sucks to wait 3 years for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

that article does mention some of that stuff. I just didn't know any of the background here. sucks to wait 3 years for him.

sucks hard.  At least he'd only be 24 and very polished at that point, assuming he ever wants to come over.

on the plus side, Cullen just reported as not retiring and might be coming back to Wild.  they really need a 4th line center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cullen confirmed signing with Wild for 20th season and 3rd straight cup.  gfy Krill Krabanov.

 

:thumbup:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

Cullen confirmed signing with Wild for 20th season and 3rd straight cup.  gfy Krill Krabanov.

 

:thumbup:

Was really hoping he'd come back for one more year with the Pens. He'll be missed, and great signing for the Wild.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oilers sign Draisaitl to 8 year/ $68 million deal. Love the term, but the price tag.:oldunsure:

I was hoping to sign him for under $8 mill a season. $21 mill per season for their top two "centers".But, Draisaitl still might end up on the wing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On August 16, 2017 at 1:39 PM, Aaron Rudnicki said:

Point taken on Wheeler, but they got back Rich Peverley, who was a pretty key part of the SC championship run.

Versteeg is an odd one as well ... Brandon Bochenski did nothing in the NHL. But Versteeg also has played on seven different teams by age 30. He also never actually played for the Bruins.

A lot of angst around Boston now regarding Pastrnak after the Draisaitl deal. Sounds like the B's have offered six years at $6M per. I can't see that getting it done.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, northern exposure said:

Oilers sign Draisaitl to 8 year/ $68 million deal. Love the term, but the price tag.:oldunsure:

I was hoping to sign him for under $8 mill a season. $21 mill per season for their top two "centers".But, Draisaitl still might end up on the wing. 

At that price, he pretty much has to be centering (or at least playing on / driving production on) his own line. If he just plays on McDavid's wing, then Edmonton got served. McDavid is good enough that any ham-n-egger making a couple of mil should score 60 points in that spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Happy Birthday to Ryan Kesler!

 How many games do you think he'll play this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ole Sweener did something right for once!   it's a training camp miracle!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

ole Sweener did something right for once!   it's a training camp miracle!

:towelwave: absolutely shocked that they didn't lose him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Training camp starts today....so f'ing happy hockey is back!

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hawks64 said:

Training camp starts today....so f'ing happy hockey is back!

:goodposting:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Vegas scores 9 goals in their first game. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time I look at Detroit's contracts on NHL Numbers I throw up in my mouth a little.  :X

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on some of the tweets I've seen tonight, this new Faceoff Violation rule is going to be a thrill-a-minute this season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to see the B's training camp yesterday in the new Warrior center. It was awesome! Amazing how fast they pass and skate close-up. Saw most of the team including Bergeron, Chara, Marchand and McAvoy. My son even got Cam Neely to sign a hockey puck. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mikko Koivu gets 2/11 extension

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.