What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keto II (1 Viewer)

Recovered from a progressive dinner today.  Coffee with cream, Bacon and Bleu salad, salami and provolone wraps, broccoli with red sauce and mozzarella, 90% dark chocolate.  45 minutes of exercise.  Energy levels and satisfaction are extremely high with this eating style.

I just went through McDonald's drive thru. Got 3 McDoubles with no ketchup and a diet coke.

Threw off the top buns, used the bottom buns as a plate, ate the meat, then discarded the buns. I hope this is all worth it!
Just had a 3x1 protein style 

:thumbup:

Oddly enough, just starting this again.  A few years ago I dropped close to 50lbs going low low carb and working out.

Then put it all back on mostly due to BS going on in my life. 

I envy you guys.  

There is no way I could go with out my pasta and bread.  It has been a staple since birth practically.

If you LOVE bread, can't eat this way without bread, or just want a nice roll with some butter, you can't go wrong with  these.  We make these a couple of times per week and make them in different shapes to fit our needs (Burger rolls, hot dog rolls, "sandwich" size etc).

1¼ cups almond flour

5 tablespoons ground psyllium husk powder

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon sea salt

2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar

1¼ cups boiling water

3 egg whites

Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl with a hand mixer until lumps are gone.

Bring the water to a boil and add it, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don’t over mix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.

Moisten hands and form dough into 4 or 8 pieces of bread. You can also make hot dog or hamburger buns. Place on a greased baking sheet.

Bake on lower rack in oven for 50–60 minutes, depending on the size of your bread. They’re done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have been off a couple weeks 

Gained a couple pounds back but holding

Will probably get back on in a week or so

Checking in.  Down 13 pounds total since I started this in May.  The initial honeymoon period is over, but I've settled into a groove, and finding stuff to eat isn't too difficult anymore.  The only pasta dish I miss is mac n cheese.  Apparently there is a mac n cauliflower recipe out there I can try.  Might do the trick.

Having a severe nut and egg allergy in the house would seem to make keto eating pretty limiting.  Invariably when I see one of these "replacement" recipes it contains one or both of those things. 

If you LOVE bread, can't eat this way without bread, or just want a nice roll with some butter, you can't go wrong with  these.  We make these a couple of times per week and make them in different shapes to fit our needs (Burger rolls, hot dog rolls, "sandwich" size etc).
I have to bite the bullet on almond flour.  I have a slight almond allergy but this might be ok.  Almost every decent looking baked good has that almond flour

Keerock, great resources you're posting.

Glad to see this rebooted. Inspiring me to get back in gear on it, as I've been slacking a bit. It doesn't help when my wife continues to bring chips into our house. Led to some discussions around sabotage and how hard it is to resist when you put an open bag on the counter while preparing dinner.  

Users who are viewing this thread