What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sophisticated Gentlemen and other business attire options (1 Viewer)

Chadstroma

Footballguy
I have been in the need of a work wardrobe refresh for a while but with three small kids- it isn't easy to spend the money on it like I use to. I have been making it work but I have been running out of options as things just get too bad to be wearable and still look professional. 

A few weeks ago, I was on Facebook and this website https://www.sophgent.com/ popped up in an ad. I almost never click on ads but being in such bad need for a good value option- I went through. I found XL ties for as little as $20 a piece. So, I grabbed 5 of them and crossed my fingers on what I would end up getting. I got even more nervous when I saw it was going to take a couple of weeks to arrive because they are coming directly from China. 

I got them today. I am impressed. They seem to be of the same quality that normally cost me $70-90 a shot. I did have a second of '0h, here we go' when I noticed I only had 4 and knew I paid for 5. I went to the site and then noticed that one tie is on a different shipping for whatever reason. 

On top of this- they gave me a code for 20% my next purchase over the next 3 days. I just went back and ordered 6 more ties because I am happy and I tried the code because.... why not? And it worked! I have no idea if it will work for you guys but..... why not try? 3Y4A-FH2M-C5G3 free shipping over $50 orders. But looking up to only order one tie the shipping would have only been $5. 

A couple of days later- I guess I was marked as a good buyer because I got an ad for http://www.paulfredrick.com/ where I got 4 white dress shirts at $25 each and a blue one for $35. The white shirts came with monograms on the cuffs. But the prices I see on the site are not the same- that seems to have been a good ad type offer. But there may be a good value if you look enough. 

Anyone have any other good options? I know the typical FBG has $200 ties to go with their $5K suits but some of us like good values like this. Thought I would share these finds and see what else others have found. 

I'm loaded up on Charles Tyrwhitt (the official dress shirt of the FFA) along with Nordstrom Rack and some Banana Republic for the business casual dress.

Every 2 -3 years I pick up some Brooks Brothers dress shirts.  I wait for the 4 for $200 deal.  $50-60 pop I'm OK with, but I balk at $90+.  I've had good luck and I dress pretty conservatively.  I own a lifetime of ties and wear them 1/2 times a quarter.

JA Bank has traveler dress shirts on sale for $33/ea. ($99/for 3 required).  Their fitted shirts are excellent and are basically no iron - love them.  

We are all naturally suspicious
You would think 28K posts would get me a little bit credibility. I am just saying- XL silk ties for $20 and I can't tell the different between them and my ties that are normally $70-80 (though I would never buy without some sort of sale- buy 2 get 1 free or some such). Thought that was noteworthy. 

I was also hoping this would prompt others to post other places to get other deals. Still need a few more shirts and a couple suits. 

You would think 28K posts would get me a little bit credibility. I am just saying- XL silk ties for $20 and I can't tell the different between them and my ties that are normally $70-80 (though I would never buy without some sort of sale- buy 2 get 1 free or some such). Thought that was noteworthy. 

I was also hoping this would prompt others to post other places to get other deals. Still need a few more shirts and a couple suits. 
I probably have 4X that many posts over the years and I have zero credibility around here.

But I was kidding about the stock dude. I saved the link you posted if I need to buy business clothes again.

Users who are viewing this thread