What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rep. Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice (1 Viewer)

Look at all the people who are pretending to care about a person they never cared about before today. 

People want me to care about a guy who is against gun laws and gets money from the NRA while standing in the Rose Garden celebrating voting to destroy millions and millions of lives because he is a person and thats what people think the right thing is to do? 
Care for his kids and family. 

I guess if one wants to get political on this at this time....care for a speedy recovery for the guy and a re-evaluation of his opinion on the matter when he returns to work. 

50 shots and 5 hit, doesn't seem the shooter was very accurate.
Looks like a lot of those shots were return fire, but fro the remarks of Gary Palmer the guy likely missed with his first shot.  So the remark that the guy wasn't that great of a shot sounds right.  Scary part is that he was circling around to the dugout where folks (including a 10 year old ball boy) were hunkering down.   Evidently a staffer or security guy, who was already wounded, kept firing and running around returning fire (and was reportedly the one who got him) - hero status there.

People want me to care about a guy who is against gun laws and gets money from the NRA while standing in the Rose Garden celebrating voting to destroy millions and millions of lives because he is a person and thats what people think the right thing is to do? 
You're a miserable #### aren't you?

Care for his kids and family. 

I guess if one wants to get political on this at this time....care for a speedy recovery for the guy and a re-evaluation of his opinion on the matter when he returns to work. 
I will care about his kids and family as much as he cared about the millions he voted to throw off health insurance. Hear the one about the father whose child will die when this law passes? Keep trying...I have zero, none, absolutely no sadness for this guy or his family. The others who have been shot, its terrible. Maybe if Scalise didnt take money from the NRA their would have been laws to protect them.

I

Look at all the people who are pretending to care about a person they never cared about before today. 
It's not just about the person.  It's about the rule of law* and the more abstract "I feel bad for this guys situation because it forces me to think about what would happen if I were in that situation".

* Sure....on the surface the crime against Scalise isn't any different than any of the other people shot today...

It's not just about the person.  It's about the rule of law* and the more abstract "I feel bad for this guys situation because it forces me to think about what would happen if I were in that situation".

* Sure....on the surface the crime against Scalise isn't any different than any of the other people shot today...
The laws he dont care about passing because he gets money from the NRA? 

Yes, those other people who were shot didnt vote to take others off HC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because he doesn't want the government to be responsible for health care doesn't mean he is a bad person.
Nope, celebrating with kegs after you vote to remove them from healthcare does. 
He was voting to restore the country more closely to how he thinks it should be run...not with massive entitlements for everyone.  It's likely done because he thinks the country will be worse off down the road if its saddled with debt and he thinks the government is really bad at doing healthcare.  That doesn't make him a terrible person necessarily, it just makes him wrong imo.

There are all kinds of different views on what government should and shouldn't do, and we can't realistically just walk around saying you are a good person if you want the government to give stuff to people and you're bad if you don't.  Same thing with gun control.

Fight for your viewpoint in campaigns, with your voice, etc...but we have always been a nation of differing views but we don't have to be a nation that demonizes those we disagree with.

That being said there are some terrible people in politics...but that's not determined simply by their political views but more by their actions.

If politically motivated it won't be surprising. The rhetoric from the looney left is beyond anything we've seen right now. The threads on this board are perfect examples of just how far gone these types are. 

Scalise's security detail was on top of it and good response by both capital and Alexandria police. 

Scalise in stable condition at GW, everyone expected to recover. 

The shooter was yelling before and during his assault. 
I'm interested to learn more about his reasoning as it's as possible he is from the extreme right wing as it is that he's from the left.

Scalise's security detail was on top of it and good response by both capital and Alexandria police. 

There are heroes here for sure, a mess. So much terror for those involved.

That being said, I still have no care about one person who was shot. None at all, he voted to kill people...

I'm currently on lockdown in a daycare about a block away. Standing in the hallway with kid.

Hope for the best for everyone involved.
Thanks for the wishes on staying safe.  Lockdown was lifted about 30 minutes ago, and we're all safe.  Decided not to get any closer to investigate, since I was already too close for comfort.

I noticed the road that I usually drive down to get to the day care was closed, so I drove down to the next block to get to it.  So, I basically drove even closer to the eye of the storm.  I didn't know there was a shooting until I got into the day care and they told me about the lockdown.

I could use a stiff drink right now.

If politically motivated it won't be surprising. The rhetoric from the looney left is beyond anything we've seen right now. The threads on this board are perfect examples of just how far gone these types are. 
Why do you assume he is from the left? You realize folks on the far right hate the establishment too right? Drain the swamp? Throw the bums out?  Yeah...that was the tea party folks.

Says the guy who didnt bat an eye to a Rep from Wyoming body slamming a reporter on tape then winning an election the next day. By the way he plead guilty! 

But share more about how you are not politically motivated. 

Yeah I know right!!1!!11!!

WILMINGTON, N.C. — Donald J. Trump on Tuesday appeared to raise the possibility that gun rights supporters could take matters into their own hands if Hillary Clinton is elected president and appoints judges who favor stricter gun control measures.

Repeating his contention that Mrs. Clinton wanted to abolish the right to bear arms, Mr. Trump warned at a rally here that it would be “a horrible day” if Mrs. Clinton were elected and got to appoint a tiebreaking Supreme Court justice.

“If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks,” Mr. Trump said, as the crowd began to boo. He quickly added: “Although the Second Amendment people — maybe there is, I don’t know.”

Why do you assume he is from the left? You realize folks on the far right hate the establishment too right? Drain the swamp? Throw the bums out?  Yeah...that was the tea party folks.
This was set up by the GOP. Hey if pizzagate was believable, they can believe that, right? Also, where was the right caring about those shot there?

ha....no.

I'm not surprised you jumped to the wrong conclusion though assface.
:lmao: So you are a fake moral one with the name calling, typical of the right. I'm against this and that and this and that based off morals, but I will call you names when I dont like you. 

There are many horrible posters on this thread, but Mavis takes the cake as the worst.  Perma-ban worthy IMHO. 
He says this right after a person calls another a name. Name calling fine, opinions, nope.  :lmao:  U are perma ban worthy in my opinion, difference is, I dont cry about it and act all snowflakey. 

Perma ban because my feelings about Scalise are not what you think they should be? 

More of this please :goodposting:

That being said, I still have no care about one person who was shot. None at all, he voted to kill people...
I don't follow politics as closely as some of you but I feel pretty confident that had a vote to kill people had come up either in the House or the Senate, I would have known.

Less of this please

The one thing we should all agree on is that we don't want to be a country where the 2nd Amendment ever becomes a response to the 1st Amendment. 

Scalise represents Jefferson Parish and part of New Orleans. I really wish the best for him and the other victims. Political violence is very bad, for any country. The softball game is about the two parties doing something positive together and building bipartisan relationships and goodwill. There's nothing good to come out of this but hopefully the SOB who did this is a pure crazy.

The one thing we should all agree on is that we don't want to be a country where the 2nd Amendment ever becomes a response to the 1st Amendment. 
Things would have to get pretty bad indeed for that to be justified and no one should want that.

More of this please :goodposting:

I don't follow politics as closely as some of you but I feel pretty confident that had a vote to kill people had come up either in the House or the Senate, I would have known.

Less of this please
Less facts and reality please, it is easier for them to avoid the facts that way.

Users who are viewing this thread