What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty trade involving Hunter Henry and.....TE premium scoring (1 Viewer)

dansav

Footballguy
We had a start up draft earlier this summer.    

TE is 1.5 PPR and .15 per yards receiving 

Was offered Hunter Henry and Sterling Sheppard for alshon Jeffery and CJ fedoirwicz.  At face value I don't mind it.

my other TE is Greg Olsen and I could flex Henry (so would have two top 5 TEs) in a TE premium league.  

My WRs are Cooper, Hilton, Jeffery , Rashard Matthews, John Ross, Sanu and Kenny Stills.

Thoughts ?

I understand what you are thinking, but I think it would be a mistake. Henry has a lot of upside, but there are a lot of guys on the Chargers, and I'd be surprised even with that TE bonus, if Henry were to outscore Jeffery. Also, not a fan of Shepard at all. 

I think it is quite a reach to call Henry a top 5 TE at this point.  You are fine with Olsen and don't need Henry at all.  I think Jeffrey will be solid and a very good WR3 for you.  I hold tight as I think net points Jeffrey will outscore Henry and in your scenario it is almost a direct comparison. 

It's tempting, but I would pass.  Henry is going to have a lot of competition for targets, Gates hasn't retired yet and Rivers only has about 3 years left.  Not convinced that Henry is a premium TE play even in dynasty formats.

Losing Jeffery would be a big blow to your WRs.

Dynasty rankings I've seen Hunter ranked #2
Is this a dynasty league? I'm not familiar if "start up" means dynasty... I don't play dynasty (would love to, no one in my league is interested)

In redraft this trade is terrible. You downgrade WR3 to upgrade your backup TE/Flex maybe

In dynasty I absolutely love this trade.

Jeffery is coming off a PED bust last year. There are a lot of questions around that. Who knows how well he does off the juice. 
Henry locks your TE position up for the long term- especially when TEs are very valuable in your format
Shepard is going to have to compete for targets this year, as Marshall bumps him down the depth chart. I hold the opinion that Marshall won't amount to much this year, but regardless that's less targets going to Shepard at least this season. Beyond this season Shepard holds some incredible value. I know the Giants want to lock up OBJ but what if he is asking way too much and they can't? Then Shepard becomes a WR1. At the very least you have a talented future WR2 playing across a pro bowl WR1. Gotta like that worst case scenario

So you get two guys who major upside over the long term for two guys who, IMO, are lower quality players (over the long term)

Users who are viewing this thread