What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017-18 NBA (Playoffs): A gasping, wheezing thread begs message board poster arguing how Jordan never lost a Finals to just let it die in peace (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand why IT works at Boston last year and Clev/James can't make it work.  I'm sure Jordan hated dealing with Rodman but liked what he added to the team.
What are you talking about working?  He got bum hunted for 1.5ppp in the Cleveland series. Stevens greatest accomplishment when he retires is being able to hide him defensively until making it all the way to the ECF

Winning championships is difficult.  When Durant is 50 years old with a fistful of rings, I guarantee he won't give a #### what a bunch of Internet nerds think of him.
If this were the case, he wouldn't be defending himself on Twitter with fake accounts.

Dude is a total snowflake. He's the prototypical millennial other than being 7 feet tall and excellent at basketball.

Also, I like how the crappy teams in the league think Centers who can shoot 3 pointers is some magic recipe for success.

Because the last two Champions have followed that exact recipe. If you're a big, I need you getting boards not taking shots.

Don't tell me you can do both, you can't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honest answer this is one of the best threads on the board in my opinion, not counting the playoffs and the finals are absolutely awful ever year. Last years threads last subtitle was “finals are over please go away”
I'm here just to give B n Brew updated foul stats.

If they were that high above the rest of the league they aren't down 3-2 against Houston and play Clevland to a draw for 46 minutes in two of three games.  If Kyrie is still there and not hurt we're talking about these two teams rivaling Boston/LA.  
Truly you have a dizzying intellect. I don’t know what we are even arguing about any more. 
:bowtie:

Birds of a feather...I don't know why I replied in the first place.

What's so shocking about saying kd is ahead but with a massive game, Steph could catch him? (Or it be close enough that they give it to him)
Curry and massive finals games don't happen very often unfortunately for him.

How should we end the thread this year 

finals are over, please go away 

Finals are over; Thread dissolves into millions of bats that fly away 

Finals are over; Everybody looks to sky as Thread laughs maniacally while dropping smoke bomb to disappear

Curry and massive finals games don't happen very often unfortunately for him.
Fair. Like I said, it's possible. If this series goes 2 more and the next 2 go like the first 2, I think it's close enough that voters give it to him (having 4 games better than kd). I put it at a 25% shot. 

Sixers co-managing partners Josh Harris and David Blitzer will be the ones determining Bryan Colangelo’s fate with some input from CEO Scott O’Neil.  Decision expected tomorrow. 

This nba season is just like my fantasy football season. Both my teams Rockets and Cavs got Gurley'ed in different rounds in the playoffs.

The Spurs owned the Warriors for several years.  It sucked knowing my team had zero chance, but it didn't stop me as a basketball fan from appreciating what the Spurs did on the  court.
Spurs are a pretty good outfit.  They shouldn't have beat the Pistons in 2005, but still, that's a good franchise. 

How many of you actually bet the game?
bet before, and got that nice halftime line too.  :fro:

and i'll have to line shop but i am sure a few books will have "Lebron won't be in Cleveland next year" at whatever odds. I would set the line at -1500 at this point, i think he would have more fun playing in Sacremento then another year in Cle

Sixers co-managing partners Josh Harris and David Blitzer will be the ones determining Bryan Colangelo’s fate with some input from CEO Scott O’Neil.  Decision expected tomorrow. 
we are F'd. You need Mike Rubin weighing in, or let's get Will Smith to have a vote. Harris and O'Neill are hard to have any faith in them doing what is good for the team

You all want a hot take?

The problem with Durant joining the Warriors is that it was the path of least resistance.  Greatness isn't achieved by the end result, but by the struggle it took to get there.  Nobody celebrates the person who inherited their wealth, even if they are great at business.  It is the entrepreneur who came from nothing that people write books and make movies about.  Durant is a great player, maybe a top 25 all time type of player.  But his greatness will always be limited by the fact that he joined an already historically great team before winning a championship.  That is why the average fan won't celebrate Durant, but resent him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread