What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017-18 NBA (Playoffs): A gasping, wheezing thread begs message board poster arguing how Jordan never lost a Finals to just let it die in peace (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. Ben has ridiculous potential. Kawhi has been a great player for a couple years and may still be for a few more. But Ben has the potential to eventually be the best player in the game. I know some don't believe that but it's true.
I thought the consensus is that Wallace can't shoot. 

Ben for Kawhii is a huge steal for Philly. Ben has almost no chance of ever being as good as him. 

(Assuming he is healthy and signs)
Agree that Ben won't be as good as Kawhii. 

BUT... how is that a steal for us if he signs?  If he wants to be in Philly, wouldn't him just coming in FA and not giving up Ben be WAY better?

Disagree. Ben has ridiculous potential. Kawhi has been a great player for a couple years and may still be for a few more. But Ben has the potential to eventually be the best player in the game. I know some don't believe that but it's true.
Kawhi is only 26 and has two All-NBA first teams and two NBA defensive player of the year awards.  It doesn't matter how much you like Simmons,and I do, but his chances to be that good are slim, and that's not a slam on him, it's just the odds.

The Irvings. PG13s, etc etc that the Celtics have  been chasing lo these past few years have proven to my satisfaction that nobody with a year left on their contract is re-upping to a new team so their old team can get more for them. Saric, Fultz & 1.10 is more than anyone will offer for a year of San Antonio's Captain Hamstrung.

ETA: And Ben aint going nowhere - he is a Top Ten talent on a rookie contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree that Ben won't be as good as Kawhii. 

BUT... how is that a steal for us if he signs?  If he wants to be in Philly, wouldn't him just coming in FA and not giving up Ben be WAY better?

Why do you just assume he would sign there 

Why do you just assume he would sign there 
Well if he'd sign with us after a year with us, then he'd probably sign with us after a year elsewhere (and a better team with Ben).

He might not want to sign with us long term.  And if he doesn't, then a Ben for Leonard deal would be awful for us.

Best players in the league usually have the confidence to take an 8 ft jumper

What’s more predictable?

The storyline of the movie Uncle Drew, or the NBA playoffs? 

Think hard about this @Capella @Frostillicus

:bye:  
You sweating the NBA when the NBA isn’t sweating you
Yeah but the drama. You got your Uncle Drew premier tickets right? Chris Webber was drafted by the Magic, Shaq played for the Magic, and the General insures all the people in mobile homes in Orlando. This movie is gonna be so sweet, 

well, this could get interesting:

"What I heard around the league today were a lot of very good general managers in a lot of very good jobs [were] kind of looking at their contracts and hitting their agents going, 'Is there a way I could get out to get involved in that?' " Wojnarowski said. "Everybody wants the Sixers job."

Yeah but the drama. You got your Uncle Drew premier tickets right? Chris Webber was drafted by the Magic, Shaq played for the Magic, and the General insures all the people in mobile homes in Orlando. This movie is gonna be so sweet, 
I...I don’t know what you’re talking about here. 

It really sucks that Hinke did all the work and now some other GM is going to swoop in and have all the fun with a team that is perfectly positioned to prosper. At least it's not Colangelo I suppose.
I was actually getting depressed last night after Colangelo's firing because I'm afraid we'll get some nimrod in here who will try to win now (which was the fear with Colangelo and fortunately we got a reprieve), wreck our situation for some short-sighted nonsense and everything gets swept away and everything just goes on like the end of The Wire.

If there is a god, he* will give me Zarren.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was actually getting depressed last night after Colangelo's firing because I'm afraid we'll get some nimrod in here who will try to win now (which was the fear with Colangelo and fortunately we got a reprieve), wreck our situation for some short-sighted nonsense and everything gets swept away and everything just goes on like the end of The Wire.

If there is a god, he* will give me Zarren.
That would be a bummer as a Celtics fan but it does seem like he would be one of the favorites

I agree with Capella that Kawhi straight up for Simmons is fair, but the Spurs haven't been taking offers for Kawhi yet. If they start fielding offers for him then the whole league knows he won't resign and they will get 50 to 75 cents on the dollar. Plus the offers are going to be low if he says he will only resign with a big market like LA, Philly etc. 

I really want more basketball and hope the Cavs win tonight. On the other hand the Stanely Cup playoffs are over which Dr. Detroit is going to come in here crying and #####ing all the time. So I kind of want the Warriors to end it tonight. 

I am so conflicted right now. 

Now Durant just posted on MySpace that he's going to undergo gender reassignment surgery right after the Finals, and play for the Connecticut Sun THIS YEAR, before having another gender reassignment surgery in time for the Warriors season next year. When will the madness end?

Now Durant just posted on MySpace that he's going to undergo gender reassignment surgery right after the Finals, and play for the Connecticut Sun THIS YEAR, before having another gender reassignment surgery in time for the Warriors season next year. When will the madness end?
My Next Pap Smear

By gender reassignment, do you mean dress in drag like Juwanna Man?

I've changed my prediction for LeBron sweepstakes. Bron is going to Boston. Willing to take wagers.
I'd bet my house that Lebron isn't going to Boston, if interested I will take you up on this. They are already getting Anthony Davis, Mo Bamba, and probably 2-3 other guys I am not thinking of.

I'd bet my house that Lebron isn't going to Boston, if interested I will take you up on this. They are already getting Anthony Davis, Mo Bamba, and probably 2-3 other guys I am not thinking of.
I don't really want to take your house and make you homeless. Have any other rational wagers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread