What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many DVDs do you buy a year? (1 Viewer)

How many DVDs do you buy a year?

• 1-2

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • 3-5

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • 6-10

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • 10-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20+

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

Max Power

Footballguy
From 2000-2015 I was crushing it on the DVD front.  Buying like 5 a month or so.  Now with Kodi and damn near everything available streaming, I've almost stopped completely.  I'm guessing I buy 1 or 2 year when there is a kids movie they just can't live without.

I have a good 100 DVDs that I'll never watch again and I"m not sure what to do with them.

Jut throwing this out to the crowd to see where everyone else is...

From 2000-2015 I was crushing it on the DVD front.  Buying like 5 a month or so.  Now with Kodi and damn near everything available streaming, I've almost stopped completely.  I'm guessing I buy 1 or 2 year when there is a kids movie they just can't live without.

I have a good 100 DVDs that I'll never watch again and I"m not sure what to do with them.

You stopped about 5 years late

I gave away nearly 300 music CDs to a friend because I didn't wan't them. Instead, I now pay $10 a month and I can listen to nearly any song I can think of, which is far less than what I spent on music, say, ten years ago. ... Quick arithmetic suggests I probably spent $5-7 K on albums, tapes and CDs (and iTunes) before streaming became my go-to.

Hippling on, I meant to comment on videos too.

Unless you're a abject videophile, I can't fathom getting geeked up with kodi, plex, etc. I'm overwhelmed, and lacking nothing between Netflix and Amazon (about $23 a month, plus I recently added HBO at $15 per month, which will comprise a month or two worth of binge material before mothballing it). 

As a consumer, streaming service is one of the best things ever. So simple, and relatively cheap too.

A couple a year; mainly just kids ones, STAR WARS and maybe if LEGO is giving an exclusive figure away with the release of a new Blu-Ray/DVD.  

You can't get more than a buck or so for them; almost regardless of the title at yard sales and flea markets. 

I still have about 75 or so (out of about 500 at my height) that I probably won't get rid of. 

From 2000-2015 I was crushing it on the DVD front.  Buying like 5 a month or so. 
Me too. 2000 to about 2012 - was at Best Buy every Tuesday for stuff. I have an extensive collection - probably 1500 or so. I do still watch a lot of them, but many I'll never get to, for sure. I'm glad I have them though - I custom built shelving for them, and they look nice. And I have a lot of good stuff  - collector sets, lots of Criterion, lots of old stuff, etc.I like movies. 

I buy very few now. Maybe 1 every other month. 

Antenna, Kodi, Prime. 

Been 4 or 5 years since I sold or gave away every CD, DVD and Cassette.  Kept the vinyl and occasionally add to it.  

So what do I do with the collection that I don't want?  Will a pawn shop take this crap?
Sometimes people donate them to high school classes for when they have to decorate floats and hallways for things like Homecoming or Pride Week. The backs of the discs are shiny. 

I would donate them to your local library.
That is a good answer. Also depends on what movies he has. If they are classics, then they are worth saving. If they are just random mediocre modern movies, I don't think they have any value beyond being shiny. 

That is a good answer. Also depends on what movies he has. If they are classics, then they are worth saving. If they are just random mediocre modern movies, I don't think they have any value beyond being shiny. 
About 80% crap.  20% classics/movies with some rewatch value. I was mostly buying the 4 for $20 deal when blockbuster wanted to unload their old movies.  Saved me from getting cable for a couple years. 

I buy the Star Wars blu rays. Streaming quality isn't the same. Everything else I can deal with. 

Last edited by a moderator:

I haven't bought a DVD in years.

No streaming option for me, so we still will buy a handful.  I used to be horrible, but now keep it to maybe 10 at the most in a year.  Star Wars, couple kids movies, and a few Criterion blurays.  Very rarely buy new, I can wait to get it used somewhere. 

ETA: mostly I just get stuff through the library system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get most of the Marvel super hero movies, Star Wars, a few other sci-fi or fantasy movie, on blu ray 3D.

Do any of the streaming services offer 3D on demand?

I used to buy a few every month, from concert DVDs to TV show seasons to movies. 

Now, it's maybe a handful a year. 

Users who are viewing this thread