What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

13.1 and 26.2 window and bumper stickers (1 Viewer)

I can see the 26.2. It is an accomplishment. I saw a 70.3 yesterday and was rather impressed. 

I can see the 26.2. It is an accomplishment. I saw a 70.3 yesterday and was rather impressed. 
That's a Half Ironman Tri - 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run.  Full IM is 140.6 - that you should be impressed with.  I've done a HIM, basically if I can do it anyone can.

That's a Half Ironman Tri - 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run.  Full IM is 140.6 - that you should be impressed with.  I've done a HIM, basically if I can do it anyone can.
I would drown with an open water 1.2 mile swim. Maybe if I can push off every 25 meters I could be OK.  Congrats on the HIM - I am still impressed. 

Did it put you out of commission for a week afterwards? 
Got an IV afterwards - felt ok but definitely took a couple days to feel normal again.  Mine was one of those trying to prove to myself I could do it - I was slow as hell and  just happy to finish.  I've toyed with the idea of doing a full IM one day but it's a lot of time to train.  And I'm not as crazy as BnB and some of those guys in the 10k thread.

Got an IV afterwards - felt ok but definitely took a couple days to feel normal again.  Mine was one of those trying to prove to myself I could do it - I was slow as hell and  just happy to finish.  I've toyed with the idea of doing a full IM one day but it's a lot of time to train.  And I'm not as crazy as BnB and some of those guys in the 10k thread.
What was your training regimen like? An average week of training?

What was your training regimen like? An average week of training?
It's been almost 12 years so I don't remember specifics but typically would do 2 workouts a day.  Swam most mornings as that's my favorite of the 3.  I would run at lunch and did most of my bike training doing spin classes or long sessions on a trainer.  I HATE riding on the road - hate it.  Would lift 1-2 times a week also.

Weekends I would do bricks (2 of the 3 back to back) - typically a long bike ride followed by a run.  If you are interested there's some guys in the 10k thread that do this all the time still and could provide the perspective of someone currently doing training. @tri-man 47 just did a HIM recently.

"100" sticker here, but respect for anyone out there putting in work. Especially old dudes like @tri-man 47 ;)

And I think 0.0 is funny. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw a car leaving the Warner Brothers lot with one of those oval stickers with "BvsS" on it. Congrats on working on one of the worst films of the last decade. 

At least it was made up for, slightly, with a "WW" decal. 

Also, can anything lower the resale value of a car more than a giant "In Loving Memory of who-knows and some dates and We'll Always Remember You Forever" taking up the entire rear side of the vehicle? 
Is it in poor taste if you remove that sticker after you buy it, like turning a grave 

Now I feel stupid - I never knew what those meant.  Figured it was some secret code for a cult or something but never had enough curiosity to look up what 13.1 or 26.2 meant.  Honestly I thought it was some bible verse reference or something.

13.1 are the giggle for me.  Congrats for run/walking for 2 hours. You must be exhausted. 
:shrug:  everyone has their own challenges.  

Dude, that's an angry Lib making a statement about our president's IQ.
140.6 :bowtie:   (okay, I have to ask - why is :shrug:  dude black but :bowtie:  dude yellow?)

Anyone that does a half iron Man deserves our respect
http://www.relatably.com/m/img/half-marathon-memes/58232778.jpg 

FWIW, I removed my 70.3 and Maryland IM stickers from my window as they were getting crusty.  Now, no numbers but I do have tri sticker and want one of these  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread