What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

(full)$100 Keeper League Openings (Keepers cost round drafted -2) (1 Viewer)

Alberta Clipper

Footballguy
The NACKL keeper league is entering it's 13th year.  Hosted on MFL - See 2017 site HERE

We have 5 teams available in a 12 team, keep 4 league run on MFL (UPDATE JUN 21 - 2 open teams remain)

The 5 new teams will have a dispersal draft with all eligible players (i.e. up to 4 each). The dispersal draft will be serpentine based on a random dice roll.

The 5 new teams will also have picks 1,3,5,8,9 in our serpentine draft based on random dice roll. I'm thinking that dispersal draft winner #1 will get regular draft slot #9, dispersal #2, slot 8, etc.

Keepers work as follows - Each keeper costs a draft pick based on prior year round drafted - 2 rounds.

i.e. keep a player taken in 2016 Round 8 would cost your 2017 Round 6 pick.

Undrafted players and those taken in first 2 rounds can't be protected.

Scoring: Pass TD 4, Pyds .04 -1 int

Rush/Rec TD 6, yds 0.10

PPR RB 0.5, WR 1.0, TE 1.5

Starting lineup of 10 (QB 2RB 3WR TE Flex K Def) & roster of 18)

Fees: Regular $100 per year with 100% payouts after mfl costs.

The 5 new owners will pay $90 in yr1 or have the option to pay $160 for yrs 1 & 2 upfront as a discount. Note if you pay the $160 option you will not get any refund if you leave the league before year 2. 

Prizes may be pro-rated to account for new ownership discounts.

Dispersal draft to be held mid August with regular draft late Aug/early Sept.

There will be some good value in the dispersal draft including OBJ Rd 5, J Howard Rd 10, Ryan Rd 11, M Thomas Rd 6, Pryor Rd 10.

You can identify some of the players on the 2016 Rosters page but it will also include keeper eligible players not protected by the other 7 owners.

I will post more info here if there is interest. 

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm extremely interested in taking over one of the vacancies in this league. I don't have the time to look over the teams/players available right now, though. Could you save one spot for me till I reply next? Or at least till Monday afternoon? Your league format and price is close to exactly what I've been looking for for weeks. Thanks in advance for any consideration you offer.

PM me your email contact info with a short fantasy bio and I'll be in touch. 

Note with a dispersal draft you won't be taking over exactly one of the vacant teams.

The only rule changes being discussed/reviewed are:

a. removing the cost of first come first served (FCFS) waivers later in the week. 

Currently they cost $5 from your blind bidding budget but I think many would prefer to remove that.

b. PPR increase RB PPR to 1.0

3 things.....

1) the actual draft picks, are the new owners allowed to draft those picks? I'm assuming no but........   :)

2) the league site shows players that are currently on all the team's rosters, but it doesn't show the value of what the dispersal draft players 2017 value is (besides what you showed us on that link).  Can you show us that info possibly?

3) do the new team owners have to draft 4 players or can we draft less if we want to?

I'm interested in joining, will send a pm... :thumbup:

Thanks for the interest. 

• keep up to 4. you can keep 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4.
  • The players you keep will be entered into the draft report in the round they cost to be protected.
  • At this time there are no traded 2017 or 2018 draft picks to factor in. Teams must pay for their next year's dues prior to trading any 2018 (future) picks so this makes the $160 option attractive if you chose to go that route.
  • I posted a list of the more obvious potential keepers I noticed that would cost within 2 rounds of their current ADP, etc.
  • The full list would be the final 2016 rosters which has a link from the 2017 homepage and also HERE. Note the teams you'd be looking at are Gurley/Gnus/Klownz/Nugget/Gridiron.
  • There will be a few more possible keeper eligible players once the other 7 declare their kprs. For this reason the existing teams will have to declare earlier this year.

I've emailed 4 prospective new owners from this and a couple other sources we're using to try and fill the spots.

Please get back to me if you wish to proceed with securing a spot and/or have any more questions.

1) the actual draft picks, are the new owners allowed to draft those picks? I'm assuming no but........  

I wasn't 100% sure what you meant by this but if you don't have any keepers you have all 18 rounds of picks.

Everyone will have 18 man roster with a valid starting lineup (i.e. K & DST) at the completion of the draft.

I can tell you from playing in this type of leagues for 12+ yrs that you get interesting keep/not-keep decisions.

i.e. ADP of a younger rising player is 60 (late 5th). You can protect him for your 4th round pick this year. 

You decide not to keep him BUT he gets drafted in the 3rd round because you forgot to factor in keepers of others effect on the draft.

Lesson learned -> ADP is not the only factor to consider when determining your 4 keepers!

I can tell you from playing in this type of leagues for 12+ yrs that you get interesting keep/not-keep decisions.

i.e. ADP of a younger rising player is 60 (late 5th). You can protect him for your 4th round pick this year. 

You decide not to keep him BUT he gets drafted in the 3rd round because you forgot to factor in keepers of others effect on the draft.

Lesson learned -> ADP is not the only factor to consider when determining your 4 keepers!
Don't give 'em to much strategy..................I'm in for sure!!

update - Thanks to CdnNFLJunkie and DAK plus 1 more make 3 that have paid and joined.

2 spots remain open 

The 5 new teams will have a dispersal draft to win the OBJ / Thomas / Howard, etc. lottery 

If this type of league interests you please get in touch. We have some pre-season minor rule change votes to address but won't start until we find the 2 new owners.

thanks!

Owners looking long term need this type of league...................Fill the existing leagues and stop starting so many new ones that die out in a year!!  Have 3 new owners paid, need to more and we can do the dispersal draft of 4 each.  Some GOOD players and value rounds........................

Users who are viewing this thread