What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Handmaid's Tale - on Hulu (1 Viewer)

Got the 30 day free trial just to binge watch this. Great show. She deserves every awards she's gonna get. 2 episodes left. Not sure what I will do when season 2 comes out but will worry about it then.

Got the 30 day free trial just to binge watch this. Great show. She deserves every awards she's gonna get. 2 episodes left. Not sure what I will do when season 2 comes out but will worry about it then.
another 30 day trial under a different email?

for $7.99 (with commercials) I have enjoyed having Hulu. My GF and i watch several shows (The Shield, Goldbergs, Moone Boy, Difficult People, Handmaiden's tale, Casual) that I don't believe are available on other platforms. The movies aren't that great but once in a while I find one I haven't seen (Dark City, In the Mouth of Madness).

We were like 2-3 episodes in before I understood the whole "Of Bill", "Of Joe", thing. My wife read the book in college so she understood. But why were they all pronouncing Elizabeth Moss's character as "Off-Red"??? That's why I wasn't getting it at first. 

We were like 2-3 episodes in before I understood the whole "Of Bill", "Of Joe", thing. My wife read the book in college so she understood. But why were they all pronouncing Elizabeth Moss's character as "Off-Red"??? That's why I wasn't getting it at first. 
It was 2-3 episodes in when they discussed it. Not sure how someone would get it without them discussing it. Her name is Of- Fred. Guess it just rolls off the tongue better. Supposedly the book reveals it later in the book as well.

JoeSteeler said:
for $7.99 (with commercials) I have enjoyed having Hulu. My GF and i watch several shows (The Shield, Goldbergs, Moone Boy, Difficult People, Handmaiden's tale, Casual) that I don't believe are available on other platforms. The movies aren't that great but once in a while I find one I haven't seen (Dark City, In the Mouth of Madness).
Same. There is just enough content that I won't find on Netflix or Amazon. I loved Handmaid's Tale and feel like it will get a ton of awards. Everyone knows Moss already is a solid actress from Mad Men but this is her show.

Same. There is just enough content that I won't find on Netflix or Amazon. I loved Handmaid's Tale and feel like it will get a ton of awards. Everyone knows Moss already is a solid actress from Mad Men but this is her show.
I actually watch way more Hulu than Netflix now.  Outside of Stranger Things, there's not much I care about watching anymore. House of Cards has way jumped the shark, I don't care about orange is the new black, and they've pulled a lot of popular shows to make room for originals. 

I actually watch way more Hulu than Netflix now.  Outside of Stranger Things, there's not much I care about watching anymore. House of Cards has way jumped the shark, I don't care about orange is the new black, and they've pulled a lot of popular shows to make room for originals. 
Im the opposite. I still havent seen Ozark, The Crown, Defenders coming in August, Narcos coming back in September. Stranger Things in October. I am overwhelmed. Not enough time to watch all the great shows on Netflix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they making a 2nd season? The 10th episode pretty much ended the way the book did right?

Also, I'm very interested in the Mexico trade agreement aspect of the story. I hope they reveal more about what happens with that.

Are they making a 2nd season? The 10th episode pretty much ended the way the book did right?
it got picked up for a second season with the official announcement in June. it's going to build off S1 plotting, which i am good with.

6 or 7 through.

the acting is uniformly excellent, with moss, fienes, strahovsky all just crushing it... but ann dowd- fresh off a breathtaking turn with the leftovers is once again breathtaking... and I'm at a point where these characters are starting to show much more depth and nuance than the flat "hero" v "villains" they started out as. a credit to the writing for that. further, the unraveling of the story is really well done; it was frustrating early on because it was hard to imagine a society getting to that specific dystopian point... but they do a great job slowly pulling back the curtain and showing us how it does. 

we finished the episode with the Mexicans last night... just incredible. 

6 or 7 through.

the acting is uniformly excellent, with moss, fienes, strahovsky all just crushing it... but ann dowd- fresh off a breathtaking turn with the leftovers is once again breathtaking... and I'm at a point where these characters are starting to show much more depth and nuance than the flat "hero" v "villains" they started out as. a credit to the writing for that. further, the unraveling of the story is really well done; it was frustrating early on because it was hard to imagine a society getting to that specific dystopian point... but they do a great job slowly pulling back the curtain and showing us how it does

we finished the episode with the Mexicans last night... just incredible. 
I didn't quite get that from them but it was certainly done well enough to be plausible. I have been touting this show since it aired and think it's some of the best TV I've seen. It's *really* good at showing the inner workings and psychology of its characters without much straining too much. 

Everytime I see this thread title I think its pron.  Some sort of subliminal message or something.  I guess if it was tail...

I didn't quite get that from them but it was certainly done well enough to be plausible. I have been touting this show since it aired and think it's some of the best TV I've seen. It's *really* good at showing the inner workings and psychology of its characters without much straining too much. 
I'm only part way through- so still waiting to see more of the curtain get pulled back... well- expecting/ hoping more gets pulled back. still a lot of questions between the wife and I regarding feminism's immediate descent into absolute patriarchy. hoping these questions get answered this season or next.

yeah- completely agree about the inner workings of the characters' psyches. I expressed some frustration during the episode when they show moss, husband and child running (focused on the husband) with how oblivious the family seems to be taking the threat (oh- in spite of driving past armed checkpoints in the trunk of a car and being told to stay in the house, we'll just go out and skip stones on the lake yelling while yelling at the top of our lungs). wife felt like that was part of their character and part of why they end up getting caught... not writing flaws, rather exposition towards character development... which I found interesting.

Only made it a few episodes past the first season before I gave up.

Elizabeth Moss is definitely oddly if you find her attractive.  Would have worked much better if her and the Commander's wife would have switched roles imo.

Do these things ever come out on DVD/BR?  Seems like there are a lot of netflix/Hulu/Amazon shows that have buzz, but don't have access to if they aren't on disc.

Users who are viewing this thread