What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hopkins Dynasty trade (1 Viewer)

hedzookeeper

Footballguy
12 team PPR

4 round rookie draft

2017 picks: 1.06/2.06/3.06/4.06

Roster:
Bortles, Blake JAC QB
Wilson, Russell SEA QB

Ajayi, Jay MIA RB
Barber, Peyton TBB RB
Collins, Alex SEA RB
Hillman, Ronnie FA RB
Marshall, Keith WAS RB
Morris, Alfred DAL RB
Murray, Latavius MIN RB (Q)
Smallwood, Wendell PHI RB
Yeldon, T.J. JAC RB (Q)

Cobb, Randall GBP WR
Core, Cody CIN WR (Q)
Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR
Quick, Brian WAS WR
Rogers, Eli PIT WR
Sharpe, Tajae TEN WR (Q)
Treadwell, Laquon MIN WR
Williams, Tyrell LAC WR
Wilson, Marquess FA WR (Q)

James, Jesse PIT TE
Pitta, Dennis FA TE (Q)
Walford, Clive OAK TE 86.90

Tucker, Justin BAL PK

Panthers, Carolina CAR

Note: Need to drop a player when drafting so that won't be an issue.

Give: Hopkins
Get 2017 1.05 + 2018 1st

TIA

Do I take the deal or hold?

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to me like you are in a bit of a rebuilding mode. I'd probably take it. Hopkins will likely have a better year than last year, but his qb situation isn't much better than it was last year and he struggled outside of the qb situation as well.

He's a buy low candidate for a lot of people and I think you are getting a good price for him. With 1.05 you'll get one of the 4 top Rbs or Corey Davis...plus a 2018 1st and you've got 4 good pieces in 2 drafts (assuming you still have your 1st rounders for both drafts.)

You need a lot of help and Hopkins is your only real value chip.  I think the offer is good and probably a fair deal.  It's probably right in the middle of the value range.  Without knowing how your league values Hopkins you it's hard to say whether you should hold out for more or not.   I would think you should look to get pieces for the future and if you don't have high hopes for Hopkins then pull the trigger. 

While I think Hopkins bounces back this year, I do think this is a solid offer.  IMO there is a clear top 6 rookies this year with those top 6 having elite upside.  Getting one of those picks in the deal provides solid potential to get you a very good player for the long term.  Obviously rookies are risky and Hopkins is proven, but getting the 2018 1st mitigates that risk.  I would do it and I think it has the potential to be a win-win kind of deal with you getting 2 potential starters for 1, which a rebuilding team can use, and he gets a more proven and less risky long term starter.

I agree it's a pretty good deal.  The OP team is pretty weak and needs to rebuild.   Hopkins value is pretty low right now.  You could wait and see if Hopkins rebounds and then get more from him in a deal.  Personally, I am not in the Hopkins is an elite talent camp, I think that he's a good WR in a not so good situation....actually it's pretty unknown with Watson at QB.

I would take it knowing I am getting one of the top 4 RBs (not Fournette) or Davis with the 1.05.  Right now Hopkins isn't really helping you right now since your team needs an overhaul.

Not sure if I'm late to the party, but this is a pretty fair deal. 

I'd maybe see if I could squeeze a bit more out... maybe you give a 2017 third rounder and get a 2018 second rounder? That might be asking too much and he might just walk away. Or just see if he can throw in a 2017 third rounder. 

If you're happy with this trade and don't think he will give anything more, then I'd take it happily. Given your roster you will need some help. 1.06 is a crappy draft pick in this draft because all four RBs will be gone and Davis. So you're kind of stuck with whatever's left. 1.05 gives you at least one of those RBs (or Davis which would be a crazy steal!) Could even package to move up if you really wanted... maybe 1.06 and 2nd rounder in 2018 for something higher? Grab 2 of the RBs? 

You shouldn't do it, I think.

But if I was in your situation I probably would.  Your team needs RB help and there will be a great RB or 2 there at 1.05 and 1.06 for you.  And then you'd get a shot at one of the great RBs coming out next year as well.  It's no sure thing, and is mostly risk, but I love me some rookies.
The smart thing to do would be to pass on the trade though.

I would unload everyone and stockpile picks in this and next years draft honestly

Dan is right I think, Its not an unfair deal. He is still young and has a great ceiling but with the qb situation in flux, his floor is pretty low. Him having another breakout year on your roster this year though actually hurts you in the sense that if he wins a week or two for you next year that could mean the difference in the 1.01 or 1.05 next year for example. The only teams you wanna beat next year are the ones that traded you picks for next year.

So you end up with the 5th and 6th overall this year, you can take whichever of the top 5 guys fall to you and then re evaluate the 6 pick when youre otc. Dream scenario is someone in the top 4 takes howard or williams which is unlikely but something to wish for. If its possible at all, I think pre draft, flipping the 6th and maybe like a 3rd for a later 1 this year and a 2 this year would be a better help to your team. Is that a possibility? You know anyone in your league infatuated with someone in that range or williams, howard, ross, kamara, perine etc that would pay to get him?

or you can just take ross, or basically redshirt williams and hope he pans out. could be a huge get

Users who are viewing this thread