What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Burger/Onion poll (1 Viewer)

What kind of onions do you prefer on your burger?

• Raw onions

Votes: 91 38.6%
  • Grilled/Caramelized onions

Votes: 101 42.8%
  • No onions (If you vote this option please re-assess your life)

Votes: 44 18.6%

• Total voters
Really like both....if I had to choose, I'd go raw....sometimes grilled/caramelized go too far then they aren't good......too mushy.  Always raw on a hotdog though

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on my mood...

Home grilled burgers, grilled onions.

Restaurant burgers, most of the time raw onions

Burger w/ BBQ sauce and bacon, Onion RINGS (this is typically may favorite way.)

On burger, grilled. On hot dog, raw. 
reverse on this - never raw on a dirty water Sabrett dog with Guldens spicy brown slathered on from the wand in the cart holster - if one is gonna go 'a toppin' , then: onions caramelized in a thin, gooey red sauce, with ground beef chili sprinkled with crushed red pepper, and all washed down with pulpy orangeade 

THAT'S how ya do a 'hot dog'

HTH ?

I started making my burgers with caramelized onions in a cast iron pan. I may never go back to grilling a burger again.

chop up the onions, mix in with the burger before grilling.  Then add raw on top and go bunless. 

I feel like frizzled are a secondary option - frizzled is what they put on a burger when they want it to sound fancy, but the taste isn't as the basic onion stuff.
I thought so too until I had them on the Hall of Fame burger at Lee Roy Selmon's in Tampa.  When done right, they are sublime.  Adds flavor and texture.

That said, I also had the "55 Burger" at the Rusty Spoon in downtown Orlando on Saturday and it had an onion jam on it that was outstanding.  Added nothing in terms of texture, but the flavor punch was magnificent.

Holeman & Finch style is the best method I've found: two 4oz. patties pounded 1/4" thin, cook 3 minutes on one side, flip, one patty gets finely shredded raw red onions, both patties get a Kraft single. Cook until cheese melts. :moneybag:  

I used to really enjoy onions, but once I hit 40, something changed. Now if I have onions, I burp them up the rest of the day. Now don't get me wrong. If I go to one of those gourmet burger joints and they have those super crispy onion straws, I'm ordering those, but for the most part, now I go onion-less

I used to really enjoy onions, but once I hit 40, something changed. Now if I have onions, I burp them up the rest of the day. Now don't get me wrong. If I go to one of those gourmet burger joints and they have those super crispy onion straws, I'm ordering those, but for the most part, now I go onion-less
A burger with fried onions, greasy fries and a shake will give me explosive diarrhea 100% of the time. Raw onions are okay though. :shrug:  

Holeman & Finch style is the best method I've found: two 4oz. patties pounded 1/4" thin, cook 3 minutes on one side, flip, one patty gets finely shredded raw red onions, both patties get a Kraft single. Cook until cheese melts. :moneybag:  
I'm on board up to Kraft "cheese" 

I do like putting shredded pepper jack on the burger.  

Yeah it's not exactly a gourmet ingredient but nothing's better on a burger imo.
admittedly, I'm being a bit of a burger snob here.  But our family tends to eat more burgers than steak, so I'm going to be a little more snobbish on this than most things. 

I do agree though, the kraft cheese on a burger and toasted bun does taste good. 

I like mine with lettuce and tomato
Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes
Big kosher pickle and a cold draught beer
Well, good god almighty, which way do I steer...

I've been dressing my burgers with all sorts of cheese... Gruyere, blue, goat, swiss, cheddar, etc.

I think almost any cheese can add flavor to a burger with the exception of a few specific soft cheeses that don't belong. 

red onions raw brohans that is just how it is take that to the tasty bank brochachos 

arnie up there knows tasty drinks perfect for after a round and onions bam score one for the man take that to the bank brochacharinos 

Users who are viewing this thread