What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ossoff vs. Handel (1 Viewer)

No matter who wins the other side will say "no biggie!"

Meanwhile, $60M spent says differently.

Lots of rain today - my guess Handel benefits on turnout. Democrats/Independents too lazy to go into rain and vote.

I'd love to be wrong here but if I could get plus odds on Handel I'd take them. It's one thing to think anti-Trump sentiments can help you in GOP districts where Clinton won, but Trump won this district. These people might be educated and well off, but they're still loyal Republicans, and one of the many things we saw in November is that loyal Republicans come home no matter what. If they can hold their nose for Trump they can certainly hold their nose for Handel.

It's also gonna be funny if the race is won by one percent either way and everyone acts like it's meaningful.  It's meaningful if either candidate wins comfortably.  If it ends up close either way it's just a confirmation of what we already think regardless of who wins- that we're on track for the GOP to take a hit of 10-20 seats at the midterm. 

Both annoying for different reasons. Handel's face is indistinguishable from a monkey's ###, and Ossoff's voice is nails on the chalkboard. I'm glad it's over today. 

Both annoying for different reasons. Handel's face is indistinguishable from a monkey's ###, and Ossoff's voice is nails on the chalkboard. I'm glad it's over today. 
I haven't decided what I hate more... Handel's smugness and lack of intelligence, or Ossoff voters and their smugness and lack of intelligence. 

I actually hope he wins -- I can stand Handel and I don't think new blood is a bad thing. I'll be thrilled when it's finally over. 

I'd love to be wrong here but if I could get plus odds on Handel I'd take them. It's one thing to think anti-Trump sentiments can help you in GOP districts where Clinton won, but Trump won this district. These people might be educated and well off, but they're still loyal Republicans, and one of the many things we saw in November is that loyal Republicans come home no matter what. If they can hold their nose for Trump they can certainly hold their nose for Handel.

It's also gonna be funny if the race is won by one percent either way and everyone acts like it's meaningful.  It's meaningful if either candidate wins comfortably.  If it ends up close either way it's just a confirmation of what we already think regardless of who wins- that we're on track for the GOP to take a hit of 10-20 seats at the midterm. 
Yeah, I live just outside the district and I'm not optimistic. Sure, it's generally affluent and educated, but the quietly racist, backward evangelical type is extremely common. Polling has the two candidates in a dead heat though, in a district held by republicans for four decades. It would be awesome to see Ossoff pull it out and then have the GOP panic and start turning on Trump heading into the midterms.

Maybe a problem for a new congressman, but my congressman, Chris Smith (R, NJ-4) lives in Virginia. Been serving since '81.
Pretty sure a rep here in VA doesn't live in his district. No worse than someone who moves to a district for the sole purpose of running for election. 

The guy lived there for years apparently and moved to a neighboring district not long ago. BFD!

Pretty sure a rep here in VA doesn't live in his district. No worse than someone who moves to a district for the sole purpose of running for election. 

The guy lived there for years apparently and moved to a neighboring district not long ago. BFD!
It really isn't a big deal except for the fact that it's been hammered non-stop...

DC OUTSIDER JON OSSOFF - HE'S JUST NOT ONE OF US!!!

JON OSSOFF DOESN'T LIVE HERE.  HE LOVES HIPPES FROM SAN FRANCISCO AND HE WAS A 9-11 FINANCIAL BACKER.    HE LIKED Star Wars IN COLLEGE. 

"Vote Karen Handel!   It's what the old white people would do.   "
The anti-Ossoff ads feature Nancy Pelosi 100% of the time. Pretty comical to see the level of pandering. 

It really isn't a big deal except for the fact that it's been hammered non-stop...

DC OUTSIDER JON OSSOFF - HE'S JUST NOT ONE OF US!!!
Did they go with "liberal Hollywood elitist" too? Cuz he produced videos you know. Sorry, documentary filmmaker.

The anti-Ossoff ads feature Nancy Pelosi 100% of the time. Pretty comical to see the level of pandering. 
94 year old woman who can't remember what she did 10 minutes ago:  "Jon Ossoff is a liar!"   

Thanks, Gertie, I'll be sure to check with you later to see if Ruth is still putting tapioca pudding in your pillowcase while the nurses are away, too. 

94 year old woman who can't remember what she did 10 minutes ago:  "Jon Ossoff is a liar!"   

Thanks, Gertie, I'll be sure to check with you later to see if Ruth is still putting tapioca pudding in your pillowcase while the nurses are away, too. 
I like the old guy with the gray mustache - "he's ignorant... he's going to vote with the liberals 100% of the time!"

Users who are viewing this thread