What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dems lose again in GA (1 Viewer)

Didn't expect this guy in Georgia to win. But congrats to Republicans for pulling out another one. Dems lost the big race to the biggest dickbag moron in the history of dickbag morons. The guy can't complete a sentence and has zero redeeming qualities. Yet there he is.

If they can't make some headway in the midterms may be time to just close up shop, getting pounded by this group of Republicans would just be ####### brutal.

Something to cheer about to fill your hatred of your fellow American!  Awesome.  :mellow:
What is really pathetic is that the Dems can't offer an adult-acting alternative.  Instead the Dems continue to blame voters because Dems act like the buffoons they criticize.  

Dems do not win elections. They try to play nice, they try to take the moral high ground. Let me know how that works out for their win column. Until they learn how not to be nice, they WILL NOT WIN.

They are losing elections to violent offenders, Perez should resign as DNC chair immediately. Dems should learn to not stick just to facts and attack their opponent, what is the worse that can happen, they will lose an election? They must play dirty to beat dirty. 

I will vote for the first Democrat who body slams a Fox News reporter and then uses their tie to blow their nose on camera. Not the party who apologizes to the people insulting them. Clearly body slamming and questionable conduct gets people elected.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Dems do not win elections. They try to play nice, they try to take the moral high ground. Let me know how that works out for their win column. Until they learn how not to be nice, they WILL NOT WIN.

They are losing elections to violent offenders, Perez should resign as DNC chair immediately. Dems should learn to not stick just to facts and attack their opponent, what is the worse that can happen, they will lose an election? They must play dirty to beat dirty. 

I will vote for the first Democrat who body slams a Fox News reporter and then uses their tie to blow their nose on camera. Not the party who apologizes to the people insulting them. Clearly body slamming and questionable conduct gets people elected.  
Dems having the moral high ground. :lol:  

You just wait. Next time the republicans will lose. There is a sweeping tide of anti republicanism running rampant in America and you will feel its wrath next special election or 2018

or 2020 2022 2024..........

“We’re going to win. We’re going to win so much. We’re going to win at trade, we’re going to win at the border. We’re going to win so much, you’re going to be so sick and tired of winning, you’re going to come to me and go ‘Please, please, we can’t win anymore.’ You’ve heard this one. You’ll say ‘Please, Mr. President, we beg you sir, we don’t want to win anymore. It’s too much. It’s not fair to everybody else.’” Trump said. “And I’m going to say ‘I’m sorry, but we’re going to keep winning, winning, winning, We’re going to make America great again.”

I agree. They really do need to put the brass knuckles on.  It's a new era in America.  You need to pander to the Walmart crowd.  

Republicans in general are unreasonable. Whether the legislation is good or not, if it's a dem bill they fight it or seek to repeal it. God forbid we let some good work make the dems look good. 

Hey, remember the study that came out a few months ago about all the wasted money in the military that is essentially administrative costs that could be cut? Why aren't we looking at being efficient with the money we are spending now rather than increasing military spending? Why are we considering giving $5 billion tax credits to the owner of an old nuclear facility that isn't operational instead of building a new one or investing in renewable energy? Because the guy has given millions to dems and repubs alike. 

I agree. They really do need to put the brass knuckles on.  It's a new era in America.  You need to pander to the Walmart crowd.  
What gets voters to turn out? What gets people on your side? A common anger!

Trump won because he got people angry, no one will go vote for a nice person, they want to vote for the person who sides with their anger and if Dems are not angry about anything except other Dems making jokes about Trumps head or Bill Maher saying the N word, they wont win. Dems need to get angry, not upset, big difference. 

Dems having the moral high ground. :lol:  
Not like Dems voted for a guy who was on a tape being all rapey and a guy who went all WWE, but I am not surprised that was what you got out of it. Further more I'm surprised you didnt report it because it offended you, seems to be your thing to do around here. 

Congratulations to the party of birthers and xenophobia on a four point win in the white upper-middle class suburban south. This will definitely make it easier for Trump to continue not getting anything done.

Congratulations to the party of birthers and xenophobia on a four point win in the white upper-middle class suburban south. This will definitely make it easier for Trump to continue not getting anything done.
:lmao:  To think Emails is what really offends them and gets under their skin.

Dems need to get angry, not upset, big difference. 
The Dems might just have to wait.  They were in charge since 2008 (sort of - had the bully pulpit) and a lot of people didn't feel like their lives got better.  Those people are trying out the other side.  They will be back once the Reps demonstrate their own inability to improve things.  It is tidal.

On the gutter cleaning example- major universities do this kind of thing. I worked at a big 10 school for years. If dept A needs a new roof on a shed, they have to call dept b. Dept b comes out, gives their estimate, which is double what it should cost or more (and 4 guys come out to do the estimate). You don't get to get another quote because its union work and unless they say it's ok to have it done by a private company you have to have the university employees do it. I'm talking like 20x15 on each side and then quoting north of $8000. 

I am 100% sure that this happens at every level of govt everywhere. Also the "use all of the budget so we don't get a decrease in budget". If it is going out to the private sector there is often "pay to play" politics involved. 

This isn't a blue/red distinction either. 

The Dems might just have to wait.  They were in charge since 2008 (sort of - had the bully pulpit) and a lot of people didn't feel like their lives got better.  Those people are trying out the other side.  They will be back once the Reps demonstrate their own inability to improve things.  It is tidal.
Except the millions of sick people who could now pay for their meds or go to the doctor. Bush got reelected, anything is possible, that's a truthitude.

Yeah, some people are not good at prognosticating life to see that bigots are not a good idea to help your life, so they need to learn tough lessons instead of learning from the past that Republicans crash the economy and twin towers and other stuff. 

On the gutter cleaning example- major universities do this kind of thing. I worked at a big 10 school for years. If dept A needs a new roof on a shed, they have to call dept b. Dept b comes out, gives their estimate, which is double what it should cost or more (and 4 guys come out to do the estimate). You don't get to get another quote because its union work and unless they say it's ok to have it done by a private company you have to have the university employees do it. I'm talking like 20x15 on each side and then quoting north of $8000. 

I am 100% sure that this happens at every level of govt everywhere. Also the "use all of the budget so we don't get a decrease in budget". If it is going out to the private sector there is often "pay to play" politics involved. 

This isn't a blue/red distinction either. 
The budget stuff happens in the private world too.   That's how some managers end up with bigger bonuses

The budget stuff happens in the private world too.   That's how some managers end up with bigger bonuses
In the private sector customers can complain and take their business elsewhere. Money coming from the govt or from tuition/grants/ip (left out athletics, that money goes to athletics only) is spent with impunity. 

Yeah, some people are not good at prognosticating life to see that bigots are not a good idea to help your life, so they need to learn tough lessons instead of learning from the past that Republicans crash the economy and twin towers and other stuff. 
The Dems need more i-toughguys like you championing their causes all over forums and social media as well:  talk of running folks of roads who don't share your worldview, approval and cheering of political violence, and sneering...more sneering.  Quite the charmer.  The hackiest Alt-right troll couldn't draw up a better caricature.  :thumbup:

:shrug:

Overperforming by average of 14 points so far in House elections -- all in red/deep red districts.  Oddly the single exception is GA-06.

No one knows what it means for Nov 2018, and 18 months is an era in politics, but the trend is definitely friendly for Dems right now.

So much "creative bookkeeping as well- in east Lansing, parking costs are astronomical (not compared to large cities). .75 per half hour in the city lots, $20 max a day. They have 1-3 trucks going around 24-7 writing tickets for parking and code enforcement (lawn litter, cut, etc). If you park in your own driveway and have 1/2 a tire on your grass, ticket.  They collect an awful lot of money. Yet they claim that the parking dept loses money? Why is that? It's because the money from parking goes into the general fund, then they give parking the budget they need, rather than keeping the expense to the consumer lower. 

The Dems need more i-toughguys like you championing their causes all over forums and social media as well:  talk of running folks of roads who don't share your worldview, approval and cheering of political violence, and sneering...more sneering.  Quite the charmer.  The hackiest Alt-right troll couldn't draw up a better caricature.  :thumbup:
I agree, seems to work for Trump and the right. BTW, I never raped anyone or choke slammed anyone. But if I did, maybe I can win elections. But tell me more about your high morals as you supported that.

According to you: Choke slamming, fine...but cutting off bigots, not fine. Tolerating talk of racism, fine... but talking about those bigots, not fine. Put those hypocritical fake morals on display. 

I never raped anyone or choke slammed anyone. But if I did, maybe I can win elections. But tell me more about your high morals as you supported that.
Nope.  Absolutely did not and pretty much have voted Dem the last 8 years or so after having a conservative voting record prior.  Posts like yours (and whole lot of them like yours I see on social media) repulse a heck of a lot of people just looking for some sanity.  There are a lot of us.

Keep up the good work.

Nope.  Absolutely did not and pretty much have voted Dem the last 8 years or so after having a conservative voting record prior.  Posts like yours (and whole lot of them like yours I see on social media) repulse a heck of a lot of people just looking for some sanity.  There are a lot of us.

Keep up the good work.
Yet, you guys dont win elections with your fake nice guy act no one buys, they buy it so little that lots of Dems voted for Trump... so jump onto my train or continue to lose. Republicans act this way, and win. Continue to be disgusted, and continue to lose. So no, there are not a lot of you, just a lot of fake ones of you. 

A homophobe won the election, a convicted violent offender won and election and Trump won the PResidency...but tell me how being nice wins elections, I'll wait...

Yup...the sooner people stop acting like they are in a cult and figure out what a clown-fest the side (meaning both) they are supporting is the the better off we will be...unfortunately it doesn't appear to be anytime soon...

Yet, you guys dont win elections with how your fake nice guy act no one buys, they buy it so little that lots of Dems voted for Trump... so jump onto my train or continue to lose. Republicans act this way, and win. Continue to be disgusted, and continue to lose. 
Lol at "fake nice guy".  You are so ridiculously short-sighted.

Again, keep up the good work, fake tough-guy.

Lol at "fake nice guy".  You are so ridiculously short-sighted.

Again, keep up the good work, fake tough-guy.
Dems dont win when they are nice. They need to stop apologizing and worrying about who they offend. 

Also, I'm talking about the topic and what Dems should do and you are upset at my words and opinions, typical of Dems (everyone on this site in general). Get triggered at words and opinions, go ahead...mostly the Dems are the ones offended at other Dems opinions. This is why Dems dont win, they cant understand the common goal and they fight each other. Republicans regardless of look jump on the same train, its why they win. While Dems are offended at other Dems, the Reps are winning election after election.

Get triggered at words and opinions, go...
:shrug:   All I can do is encourage you to do is take a step back and don't get caught up in the crap.  The long game is staying sensible and let Trump's brand of hostile partisanship implode, spraying the stink on all GOP'ers who supported/encouraged it.  Its coming.

I know it'll fall on deaf ears in your case, but maybe the wiser lefties will stay sensible.

:shrug:   All I can do is encourage you to do is take a step back and don't get caught up in the crap.  The long game is staying sensible and let Trump's brand of hostile partisanship implode, spraying the stink on all GOP'ers who supported/encouraged it.  Its coming.

I know it'll fall on deaf ears in your case, but maybe the wiser lefties will stay sensible.
It is a long game and we can all take a step back or a step forward, but in a short 6-7 months Dems could have won 4 elections...they lost all 4. So short sighted would have worked great to start. 

Part of where I disagree is the stink wont stick, in the 24 hour news cycle peopel already forgot a guy won an election a day after he choke slammed someone, its why if Dems play dirty it wont stick to them.

The game is all the dems need to play, and regardless of belief, politics is a game. Also, I always know when someone has an agenda on the poster and not the point...they delete part of the post and highlight what they want. 

Handel is on video saying gay people are worse than straights just because they are. 

And she won. 
This sums up how they are still able to win elections, tap into the anger and hatred. Dems have hatred, tap into that. 

They dont care about her hateful opinions, they care about how she will vote in Washington.

As a Dem, maybe we should listen to the angry Dems, we didnt listen to the ones around November and we lost the White House. Instead of attacking Dems like me, people should hear us out to understand what Dems have to do to keep guys like me voting but instead you dont want insight into how some other people think. Its easy to write people like me off, where did it get us when we wrote the same type of people of in November. Keep getting upset, it wont help. 

We need Dems to say things like "Trump is a pig" who has to pay "women to marry him" but instead they are scared to call for impeachment. When Republicans hated Obama and voiced it and obstructed him they won the congress then White House. DEMS NEED TO LEARN THE GAME!

:shrug:

Overperforming by average of 14 points so far in House elections -- all in red/deep red districts.  Oddly the single exception is GA-06.

No one knows what it means for Nov 2018, and 18 months is an era in politics, but the trend is definitely friendly for Dems right now.
This analysis is so frustrating. Republicans are blowing up healthcare in a way that will hurt millions of people. The President is ... well, you know. And they put up a woman who went on tv and said gays are just kind of inherently worse parents. 

And they still ####### won this election. I don't see how Dems can be anything but completely depressed today. I hope by tomorrow I'll be back ready to keep up the good fight. But it ain't easy today.

This sums up how they are still able to win elections, tap into the anger and hatred. Dems have hatred, tap into that. 

They dont care about her hateful opinions, they care about how she will vote in Washington.

As a Dem, maybe we should listen to the angry Dems, we didnt listen to the ones around November and we lost the White House. Instead of attacking Dems like me, people should hear us out to understand what Dems have to do to keep guys like me voting but instead you dont want insight into how some other people think. Its easy to write people like me off, where did it get us when we wrote the same type of people of in November. Keep getting upset, it wont help. 

We need Dems to say things like "Trump is a pig" who has to pay "women to marry him" but instead they are scared to call for impeachment. When Republicans hated Obama and voiced it and obstructed him they won the congress then White House. DEMS NEED TO LEARN THE GAME!
The problem is, overall, this makes the country worse. So we may win some more elections, but we damage the country in the meantime. 

Users who are viewing this thread