What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which QB should I add? (1 Viewer)

motoclube

Footballguy
Dynasty League, 14 teams, PPR

Scoring

2 extra points when total Passing Completions is greater than or equal to 25

1 point for every 20 Passing Yards (0.05 per)

1 extra point when total Passing Yards is greater than or equal to 300

4 points for every Passing TD

2 extra points for every Passing TD between 40 and 79 yards (inclusive)

4 extra points for every Passing TD of 80 or more yards

2 points for every 2 Pt Conversion Passing

-2 points for every Interception

Andrew Luck is my QB1. I have to add a second quarterback (minimum 2 in the roster).

Those QB are avaiable:

- DeShone Kizer, CLE

- Mitchell Trubisky, CHI

- Cody Kessler, CLE

- Josh McCown, NYJ

- Brock Osweiler, CLE

- Tom Savage, HOU

- Jimmy Garoppolo, NE

- Brett Hundley, GB

- A.J. McCarron, CIN

- Teddy Bridgewater, MIN

- Colin Kaepernick

- Christian Hackenberg, NYJ

- Joshua Dobbs, PIT

- Chad Kelly, DEN

- Nathan Peterman, BUF

Which one would you choose?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a maximum of 2 also?  Because if so, you may need to think about bye week and injury protection for Luck, and thus a starter like Kessler or McCown.  But yuck...

Of that list, I think I'd rather have Garoppolo than any of them.  Sufficiently so that I'd go ahead and select him now, and worry about whether/if you need to cover Luck's bye when it actually gets here.  But Jimmy seems to have a lot more upside than any two of the remainder put together.

Is there a maximum of 2 also?  Because if so, you may need to think about bye week and injury protection for Luck, and thus a starter like Kessler or McCown.  But yuck...

Of that list, I think I'd rather have Garoppolo than any of them.  Sufficiently so that I'd go ahead and select him now, and worry about whether/if you need to cover Luck's bye when it actually gets here.  But Jimmy seems to have a lot more upside than any two of the remainder put together.
No. The maximum is 4. I have 4 slots in my roster so far. I can add 3 QB.

You have to add Garropollo.  He has by far the most upside of any of them.

You do need a backup QB for this year, so I would also grab McCown.

As other's have said, Jimmy G is easily the best combo of upside and floor at this point.  He is an easy choice.  I also kind of like taking a flier on Kizer especially if there will be guys like McCown on the waiver wire to pick up for a week when Luck is on bye if Jimmy G or Kizer weren't playing by then.

Having Luck gives you flexibility to take a risk and go for the high ceiling.  That's why going after both QB's is the way I would go (if possible).   

I agree with previous posters that you have to cover the bye week - though none of the above options are all that appealing as they all have questions about whether or not they'll start this year.  Is someone like Alex Smith, Carson Palmer or Joe Flacco available?  Another option is to just pick someone off of waivers when the bye week rolls around.

Brett Huntley and Jimmy Garoppolo are reasonable adds - both will likely be picked up next year to potentially start for a team.  When they do I would likely attempt to trade either one as neither is likely to end up a QB1 starter in fantasy, so their highest value will be when they sign with a new team.

I'm assuming that Patrick Mahomes isn't available - other wise either him or Chad Kelly seem like longer term options for future QB1 starter status (think 2-3 years out).  Teddy Bridgewater is another possibility as someone that displayed some upside as a borderline QB1 that could offer some trade value if/when he becomes a starter again.

Users who are viewing this thread