Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Da Gildz

2017 "How did I do" Thread

Recommended Posts

chew on this one boys

3-hole

 

QB - Bortles (14), Wentz (18)

RB - Gurley (2), Cook (4), Coleman (5), Abdullah (6), Prosise (9), Booker (15)

WR - Brown (1), Hopkins (3), Garcon (7), J Brown (8), M Jones (11), T Austin (17)

TE - Witten (10), Brate (12), Fiedorowicz (13)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Da Gildz said:

Huh?  Must not see what u guys see.  That's about as average a team as I've seen so far.  Not strong in any 1 area even.  

Maybe I need to drink some and look again.  

Everything looks better when you drink Gildz.. (She was smokin hot in the bar last nite)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, prgromek said:

chew on this one boys

3-hole

 

QB - Bortles (14), Wentz (18)

RB - Gurley (2), Cook (4), Coleman (5), Abdullah (6), Prosise (9), Booker (15)

WR - Brown (1), Hopkins (3), Garcon (7), J Brown (8), M Jones (11), T Austin (17)

TE - Witten (10), Brate (12), Fiedorowicz (13)

 

Wow. Looking for 2015 glory with Gurley and Nuk, huh? (Don't understand what really changes with their 2017 situation compared to '16, but we'll see.) By punting on QB and TE you got nice RB and WR depth w/ 5 plausible starters at each position but having such an imbalanced team isn't for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jersey Jammer said:

Wow. Looking for 2015 glory with Gurley and Nuk, huh? (Don't understand what really changes with their 2017 situation compared to '16, but we'll see.) By punting on QB and TE you got nice RB and WR depth w/ 5 plausible starters at each position but having such an imbalanced team isn't for me. 

 

some guy took 4 TEs early and the rest moved up the board.  I wasn't going to take a mediocre TE early just to get one.  wasn't planning on going this route.  Gurley is a player I'm willing to take the risk on.  Hopkins, Brown, and Gurley were all 1st rounders last year and all are still in their prime.

every one of these drafts is different.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 24, 2017 at 8:00 PM, prgromek said:

chew on this one boys

3-hole

 

QB - Bortles (14), Wentz (18)

RB - Gurley (2), Cook (4), Coleman (5), Abdullah (6), Prosise (9), Booker (15)

WR - Brown (1), Hopkins (3), Garcon (7), J Brown (8), M Jones (11), T Austin (17)

TE - Witten (10), Brate (12), Fiedorowicz (13)

 

Hard to not draft a top-20 QB.  Somehow you succeeded in that.  Should have taken the QB over Jones there.  Or even in rds 12-13.  Bortles scored well last year due to most egregious , gross, garbage time production you'll ever see.  I owned him.  Loved those 4th quarter tds when they were down 30.   I don't see that happening again.  If he even keeps the job all year. 

As drafted, I like the WR core a lot.  Pretty deep and strong at the top.  Outside of that, not much I like really.  Rbs have upside for sure but there's questions on almost all of them after Gurley.   Coleman at 5.3 is too aggressive.   

Weak TE's and Puke-worthy qbs.  Interesting draft tho. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 24, 2017 at 6:03 PM, zeke99 said:

From the 7th spot late Saturday nite

Rodgers

Elliott, Mccaffrey, Cook, Perine, Lat Murray, Aaron Jones, Gallman

Crowder, Marshall, Tyrell Williams, Kevin White, Hurns, Conley, Ross, Juju

Kelce, Hooper

Hopkins

KC

I like it.  Finding a 2nd FLEX every week might be a challenge tho.  Crowder I really like this year.   Everyone talking up Pryor, I could see Crowder being the better option.  Maybe 90+ rec's if Doctson doesn't step up.  Marshall probably a lock for 10 tds.  Hes a bargain where he's going.  Eli loves the big targets in the redzone.  See Plaxico those last couple yrs.  Could easily see something like that for Marshall.  If 1 of those other WR flyers hit, team could have big time upside.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:31 AM, Da Gildz said:

Hard to not draft a top-20 QB.  Somehow you succeeded in that.  Should have taken the QB over Jones there.  Or even in rds 12-13.  Bortles scored well last year due to most egregious , gross, garbage time production you'll ever see.  I owned him.  Loved those 4th quarter tds when they were down 30.   I don't see that happening again.  If he even keeps the job all year. 

As drafted, I like the WR core a lot.  Pretty deep and strong at the top.  Outside of that, not much I like really.  Rbs have upside for sure but there's questions on almost all of them after Gurley.   Coleman at 5.3 is too aggressive.   

Weak TE's and Puke-worthy qbs.  Interesting draft tho. 

 

that's a fair critique.   this team could very well be dogsh*t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the 3:

 

QB: Ryan (8), Dalton (15)

RB: Gurley (2), Fournette (3), McCaffrey (4), Kamara (10), Sims (16)

WR: Antonio (1), Marshall (6), Maclin (9), Britt (11), Doctson (12), Shepherd (14), Conley (19)

TE: Eifert (5), Henry (7), Swoope (18)

K: Tucker (13)

D: Car (17), Buff (20)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

From the 3:

 

QB: Ryan (8), Dalton (15)

RB: Gurley (2), Fournette (3), McCaffrey (4), Kamara (10), Sims (16)

WR: Antonio (1), Marshall (6), Maclin (9), Britt (11), Doctson (12), Shepherd (14), Conley (19)

TE: Eifert (5), Henry (7), Swoope (18)

K: Tucker (13)

D: Car (17), Buff (20)

 

Very strong team. Top two RBs will be extremely high volume (half the equation...). It's their actual production that remains to be seen - what they do with the opportunity. The reminder with the #2 - #4 WRs is that they're all on new teams. That adjustment is often tougher than we realize. Everyone picked up at their ADP, so no "steals", but looks like you may have drafted the best available throughout. Everyone (except me...) liking H Henry this year. Talented dude but would be very surprised if he puts up a big year as long as Gates is still around. At least he's your #2 and not needed for your 2nd flex, so no harm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4-hole, just finished:

Winston (10)

Elliott (1), Lacy (8), Peterson (9), Rawls (11), Jacquizz (12), McFadden (15), DLewis (18), Burkhead (19)

Cooper (2), Landry (4), Pryor (5), Snead (6), Wallace (13), Fuller (16)

Reed (3), Ertz (7), Gates (17)

Tucker (14)

Rams (20)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you would think after all the years of doing this I would be getting better at it.Well then you would think wrong.Sucking again as usual at least I am consistent.Guess I will do one more and hope it turns out better.From the 7th spot.

Big Ben 11,Dalton 15

Ware 5,Coleman 6,Lacy 7,Gore 8,L.Murray 10

Evans 1,Cooper 2,Fitz 4,M.Jones 9,Hurns 13,Sanu 14

Olsen 3,Gates 12,Howard 16

Vinatieri,Janekowski

Miami,Balt

Edited by rustycolts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2017 at 10:51 PM, Seven Above said:

4-hole, just finished:

Winston (10)

Elliott (1), Lacy (8), Peterson (9), Rawls (11), Jacquizz (12), McFadden (15), DLewis (18), Burkhead (19)

Cooper (2), Landry (4), Pryor (5), Snead (6), Wallace (13), Fuller (16)

Reed (3), Ertz (7), Gates (17)

Tucker (14)

Rams (20)

 

Interesting team. Obviously a weak RB corp, unless someone like Lacy or AP surprises us. I'd want more than one sure contributor (Zeke....) to have any confidence that you'll get decent numbers from that group. Nice WR corp, though you're hearing some concerns about Landry and the Balt passing situation. Reed is a huge risk and only drafting one QB adds to your risk. Not sure what the QB waiver pool looks like in your league but I'd always want a dependable #2 QB on my roster. Not my kind of team for all these reasons. Just see too many downsides outweighing the possible upsides. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2017 at 11:22 PM, rustycolts said:

So you would think after all the years of doing this I would be getting better at it.Well then you would think wrong.Sucking again as usual at least I am consistent.Guess I will do one more and hope it turns out better.From the 7th spot.

Big Ben 11,Dalton 15

Ware 5,Coleman 6,Lacy 7,Gore 8,L.Murray 10

Evans 1,Cooper 2,Fitz 4,M.Jones 9,Hurns 13,Sanu 14

Olsen 3,Gates 12,Howard 16

Vinatieri,Janekowski

Miami,Balt

Decent #1's, by position, except for RB. (Ben/Evans/Olsen...). And we know Ben is hard to predict and Evans won't get the targets he did last year. Your RBs are extremely weak, and you'll have to guess right on what QB to start week to week. It looks like an extremely aggressive move to pick Cooper up at 2.6. I'd probably have preferred a handful of other WRs over him. I'm not sure where the upside is with this roster. The only possibility would be Coleman if D Freeman goes down. I wouldn't have wasted a spot for a #2 PK when you had other holes to fill, and probably would have found higher upside TEs as my number 2 and 3. Good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the 1:

 

QB: Brady (5), Bortles (18)

RB: DJ (1), Fournette (3), Gillislie (7), Kamara (11), Hill (12), McNichols (19)

WR: Cooks (2), Snead (6), DJax (8), Parker (9), Ginn (14), Sheperd (17)

TE: Eifert (4), Hooper (10), Howard (15), Gates (20)

K: Tucker (13)

D: Car (16)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

From the 1:

 

QB: Brady (5), Bortles (18)

RB: DJ (1), Fournette (3), Gillislie (7), Kamara (11), Hill (12), McNichols (19)

WR: Cooks (2), Snead (6), DJax (8), Parker (9), Ginn (14), Sheperd (17)

TE: Eifert (4), Hooper (10), Howard (15), Gates (20)

K: Tucker (13)

D: Car (16)

Nice team. Good depth. Your potential flexes, Gillislee, DJax & Hooper are all strong, but it'll be infuriating to decide who to start week to week between them due to their volatility, and you'll often be wrong. I would have considered rostering Garoppolo as a Brady handcuff as a 3rd QB. You have enough depth if you suffer injuries in the other positions but not QB. Not sure what QBs went undrafted but if Palmer is still out there I'd pick him up as insurance if you don't want Garoppolo. I'd prefer either of them to Bortles, or roster 3 QBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thx. Bortles is probably my 1st cut.  Not too concerned with a backup.  Shouldn't even have drafted one.  And I'd likely be flexing Parker before Hooper.  Hoping Cutler signs w/MIA.  Would be massive for Parker.  That's about as far as I've seen him fall.   Cutler signs , he's back in rd 6 I'm sure.  He's probably even better for Parker then Tannehill.

I'm digging the Pats mini stack.  Think that offense goes bananas this yr.  

 

 

 

Edited by Da Gildz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2017 at 11:50 AM, Da Gildz said:

Guess I'll go first...

 

From the 7 hole:

 

QB: Ryan (8), Rivers (15)

RB: Howard (2), McCaffrey (4), Mixon (5) , Hill (11), Foreman (13), Langford (18), M Jones (20)

WR: Odell (1), Moncrief (7), Decker (9), Enunwa (10), Shepherd (14), Conley (19)

TE: Reed (3), Eifert (6), Engram (17)

K: Tucker (12)

D: KC (16)

 

Giddy up. 

I like it except weak at WR after OBJ. You may be leaning on Decker if Luck is hurt. Reed just can't stay healthy, but I love Engram, esp in the 17th. Great RBs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2017 at 10:35 PM, prgromek said:

2-hole

 

QB - Rivers (12), T Taylor (16)

RB - Elliott (1), Gurley (2), McCaffrey (4), Powell (5), Yeldon (17), Dunbar (19)

WR - K Allen (3), Benjamin (7), R Cobb (8), Tyrell Williams (9), C Davis (10), R Matthews (11), Austin (13), R Woods (15)

TE - Ebron (6), Cook (14)

Strong RBs but weak in TE. Would have tried to pick up Engram or Njoku instead of Cook if available

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the 7 hole:

QB--Brady (5), Eli (14)

RB--Zeke (1), Coleman (6), Martin (7), Duke Johnson (8), Dion Lewis (17), Alfred Morris (20)

WR--Cooper (2), Alshon (4), Decker (9), Sanu (12), Terrence Williams (16) Eli Rogers (19)

TE--Olsen (3), Witten (10), Gates (11) OJ Howard (13)

K--Gano

D--ARI

 

Should have grabbed Lynch in the 5th instead of Brady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the 3

Matt Stafford (12)

Ezekiel Elliot (1), Jay Ajayi (2), Isaiah Crowell (4), Tevin Coleman (7), Jamaal Charles (13), Latavius Murray (15)

Keenan Allen (3), Jeremy Maclin (8), Corey Coleman (9), Jordan Matthews (10), Robert Woods (11), Marquis Goodwin (18), Calvin Johnson (20)

Tyler Effect (5), Zack Ertz (6), Charles Clay (14)

Matt Bryant (16)

Took Bal Def in 17th, then realized I hate their week 1 matchup, so I took Buffalo in the 19th since they are at home against the Jets.

 

Couple notes on this one.  I wanted Demarius Thomas at the 3.03, he went 3.02.  Keenan makes me nervous, especially as my #1, but if he stays healthy, I feel real good.

One drafter didn't show up, so the auto draft gave him 5 (FIVE!!!) QBs in the first 12 rounds.  I drafted just one QB intentionally with the idea that Dak Prescott, Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr, and MAYBE Andrew Luck will be on the waiver wire at some point early.  His #1 QB is Aaron Rodgers.  I really want to be able to say I dropped Calvin Johnson for Kirk Cousins.  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JamieMurphy said:

From the 7 hole:

QB--Brady (5), Eli (14)

RB--Zeke (1), Coleman (6), Martin (7), Duke Johnson (8), Dion Lewis (17), Alfred Morris (20)

WR--Cooper (2), Alshon (4), Decker (9), Sanu (12), Terrence Williams (16) Eli Rogers (19)

TE--Olsen (3), Witten (10), Gates (11) OJ Howard (13)

K--Gano

D--ARI

 

Should have grabbed Lynch in the 5th instead of Brady

Gano is going to get cut so probably a wasted pick. Looks like you used an 18th round pick on him. After Zeke, the RBs are a little sketchy. Martin is the wildcard. If he comes back strong you're OK. If not, you won't want to rely on DJ for anything more than a bye week start. Can say the same thing about the WRs. You need Jeffery to have a very strong year because you don't know what you'll get from Decker. Overall, a nice core of Brady/Zeke/Cooper and Olsen but very little depth behind them so think this crew will struggle unless Martin and Jeffery have great years. Of course, if Freeman gets hurt that will vault Coleman up to a top 15 RB, but you can't depend on that happening. Good luck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Caesar said:

From the 3

Matt Stafford (12)

Ezekiel Elliot (1), Jay Ajayi (2), Isaiah Crowell (4), Tevin Coleman (7), Jamaal Charles (13), Latavius Murray (15)

Keenan Allen (3), Jeremy Maclin (8), Corey Coleman (9), Jordan Matthews (10), Robert Woods (11), Marquis Goodwin (18), Calvin Johnson (20)

Tyler Effect (5), Zack Ertz (6), Charles Clay (14)

Matt Bryant (16)

Took Bal Def in 17th, then realized I hate their week 1 matchup, so I took Buffalo in the 19th since they are at home against the Jets.

 

Couple notes on this one.  I wanted Demarius Thomas at the 3.03, he went 3.02.  Keenan makes me nervous, especially as my #1, but if he stays healthy, I feel real good.

One drafter didn't show up, so the auto draft gave him 5 (FIVE!!!) QBs in the first 12 rounds.  I drafted just one QB intentionally with the idea that Dak Prescott, Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr, and MAYBE Andrew Luck will be on the waiver wire at some point early.  His #1 QB is Aaron Rodgers.  I really want to be able to say I dropped Calvin Johnson for Kirk Cousins.  :P

Your QB strategy doesn't make sense to me but good luck with whatever you're thinking. The QBs you mention will only be on the waiver wire if they're hurt significantly. Stafford will get killed week #2 in NY. He can't be started when not playing in a dome. Other than just having Stafford, the WRs are a mess. Not just the risk with Allen (who comes with a lot more than just an injury risk...) but Maclin also - on a new team with a banged up QB. In the 8th, I probably would have preferred 5 other WRs over him and 10 over Coleman in the 9th. Overall, very nice RBs, TEs, PK and Defs, but your QB and WRs need a lot of work. Until they're fixed this team might struggle. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jersey Jammer said:

Your QB strategy doesn't make sense to me but good luck with whatever you're thinking. The QBs you mention will only be on the waiver wire if they're hurt significantly. Stafford will get killed week #2 in NY. He can't be started when not playing in a dome. Other than just having Stafford, the WRs are a mess. Not just the risk with Allen (who comes with a lot more than just an injury risk...) but Maclin also - on a new team with a banged up QB. In the 8th, I probably would have preferred 5 other WRs over him and 10 over Coleman in the 9th. Overall, very nice RBs, TEs, PK and Defs, but your QB and WRs need a lot of work. Until they're fixed this team might struggle. Good luck.

Totally fair assessment.  I think it could be boom or bust on the WRs.  I am also fairly confident in my ability to manage in season, which should help.  I'll definitely be looking for the Tyreek Hill of 2017. (along with everyone else)  

Perhaps I should have been more specific.  All five of those QBs are on one team that got auto-drafted, so unless the dude just doesn't touch the team all year, a few of them will end up on the waiver wire.  I'll take that chance, and I never worry about QB.  

As you say, the WRs could kill this team.  WRs went early, and I just didn't like what I was seeing in the 4-7 rounds for their value.  It happens.  It was a really strong group of drafters, just based on name recognition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Caesar said:

From the 3

Matt Stafford (12)

Ezekiel Elliot (1), Jay Ajayi (2), Isaiah Crowell (4), Tevin Coleman (7), Jamaal Charles (13), Latavius Murray (15)

Keenan Allen (3), Jeremy Maclin (8), Corey Coleman (9), Jordan Matthews (10), Robert Woods (11), Marquis Goodwin (18), Calvin Johnson (20)

Tyler Effect (5), Zack Ertz (6), Charles Clay (14)

Matt Bryant (16)

Took Bal Def in 17th, then realized I hate their week 1 matchup, so I took Buffalo in the 19th since they are at home against the Jets.

 

Couple notes on this one.  I wanted Demarius Thomas at the 3.03, he went 3.02.  Keenan makes me nervous, especially as my #1, but if he stays healthy, I feel real good.

One drafter didn't show up, so the auto draft gave him 5 (FIVE!!!) QBs in the first 12 rounds.  I drafted just one QB intentionally with the idea that Dak Prescott, Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr, and MAYBE Andrew Luck will be on the waiver wire at some point early.  His #1 QB is Aaron Rodgers.  I really want to be able to say I dropped Calvin Johnson for Kirk Cousins.  :P

Not bad, QB Strategy makes sense to me.  You have a couple guys I don't care for much but that is just preference.  That's what makes everyone's team different.

Good Luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:02 PM, Da Gildz said:

From the 1:

 

QB: Brady (5), Bortles (18)

RB: DJ (1), Fournette (3), Gillislie (7), Kamara (11), Hill (12), McNichols (19)

WR: Cooks (2), Snead (6), DJax (8), Parker (9), Ginn (14), Sheperd (17)

TE: Eifert (4), Hooper (10), Howard (15), Gates (20)

K: Tucker (13)

D: Car (16)

YOU SHOULD JUST GIVE ME YOU'RE MONEY and I will split whatever we win.  You would make out a lot better. lol

Not bad but I can definitely tell who you are in love with this year after seeing you post a couple teams.  I have a feeling you will be disappointed at years end.  We shall see.

Overall all kidding aside I think this is your best team posted so far.  I like Eifert, Parker and Kamara a lot myself.  DJ is the best player so obviously a huge advantage there.  I think Snead could be within 30 to 50 points of Cooks at years end.. 

Good Luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:09 AM, Coots said:

I'll post mine seems how I said yours was gross..

Newton, Stafford

M. Gordon, L. Miller, D. Cook, A. Peterson, L. Murray, M. Brieda

J. Nelson, S. Watkins, R. Cobb, M. Jones, R. Woods, K. White, C. Conley

Eifert, Everett, Kittles

KC, Gano

Don't mind it for having the 10 slot

Drafted from 10 Hole again last night and went a much different way.  It will be interesting to see how the two teams turn out.

Brady, Grappalo

M. Gordon, R. Kelley, Jamal Williams, Kamara, J. Stewart, D. Sproles

A. Jeffery, Edelman, Moncrief, E. Sanders, K. White, M. Lee, C. Conley

Gronk, Ebron, Allen

Seattle, Sturgis

Love the Pats Stack and think they could average 40 points a game this year..  Could flop or could be great.  Only time will tell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coots said:

YOU SHOULD JUST GIVE ME YOU'RE MONEY and I will split whatever we win.  You would make out a lot better. lol

Not bad but I can definitely tell who you are in love with this year after seeing you post a couple teams.  I have a feeling you will be disappointed at years end.  We shall see.

 

Did any of your 30+ teams last year finish ahead of mine? Haha.  Jus sayin

But who do I own that I'll be dissapointed?  You like Eifert and he's the 1 guy I have everywhere that's the riskiest.   McCaffrey?  Cooks?  Meh.  They will be monsters.  

Lock. It. Up. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Da Gildz said:

Did any of your 30+ teams last year finish ahead of mine? Haha.  Jus sayin

But who do I own that I'll be dissapointed?  You like Eifert and he's the 1 guy I have everywhere that's the riskiest.   McCaffrey?  Cooks?  Meh.  They will be monsters.  

Lock. It. Up. 

 

 

 

Where did you finish last year???

I can't remember mine because it wasn't top ten, that's all that matters when it comes to money.  I guess you wouldn't know that, lol.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2017 at 11:02 PM, Da Gildz said:

From the 1:

 

QB: Brady (5), Bortles (18)

RB: DJ (1), Fournette (3), Gillislie (7), Kamara (11), Hill (12), McNichols (19)

WR: Cooks (2), Snead (6), DJax (8), Parker (9), Ginn (14), Sheperd (17)

TE: Eifert (4), Hooper (10), Howard (15), Gates (20)

K: Tucker (13)

D: Car (16)

I don't care for this team at all.  Its not a bad team by any stretch, but other than DJ and Eifert, there are no players I would really target where you got them.  I see the upside with them, but just personal difference of opinion.  So, I will say if this team does well, then I am probably in for a long year.

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Da Gildz said:

Sounds like it's gonna be a long year for you Caesar.  Good luck tho. 

Gotta love this guy full of confidence😬😬😬

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2017 at 7:07 AM, Jersey Jammer said:

4th pick. Please give me your thoughts:

QB - M Ryan (8), Ben R (11), C Palmer (20)

RBs - D Murray (2), I Crowell (3), B Powell (6); D Sproles (10), C Thompson (13), J Conner (15)

WRs - A Brown (1), M Crabtree (4), E Sanders (5), J Matthews (12), R Woods (14), C Beasley (16)

TEs - M Bennett (7), J Witten (9), C Clay (17)

PK - A Vinatieri (18)

Def - Phila (19)

 

 

 

Going with tried and true and avoiding the rookies, hmmm. I like it, though I'm not sold on Crowell, I'm thinking Duke is going to have a bigger role than anticipated. I like having more depth and quality at TE, but hopefully you can get some production out of Clay. I'm also thinking someone who held off drafting a QB is screwed. You got a contender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picking 2nd.

QB - Wilson (7), BigBen (10)

RBs - Leveon (1), D.Henry (6), Martin (8), McFadden (9), Jacquizz (12), Darkwa (17),  A.Morris (20)

WRs - Hilton (2), D.Thomas (3), Tate (4), Snead (5), R.Anderson (13)

TEs - Witten (11), ASJ (15), Clay (16), DeValve (18)

PK - Prater (19)

Def - Houston (14)

 

Well... have at it.  Admittedly, Darkwa and DeValve were panic/throwing darts.  And they will probably be my first cuts (should've taken Calvin Johnson if I'm cutting them, anyways).  I know I'm weak at TE, but just trying to keep my head above water there.  Obviously not flexing TE.

Edited by madzff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, madzff said:

Picking 2nd.

QB - Wilson (7), BigBen (10)

RBs - Leveon (1), D.Henry (6), Martin (8), McFadden (9), Jacquizz (12), Darkwa (17),  A.Morris (20)

WRs - Hilton (2), D.Thomas (3), Tate (4), Snead (5), R.Anderson (13)

TEs - Witten (11), ASJ (15), Clay (16), DeValve (18)

PK - Prater (19)

Def - Houston (14)

 

Well... have at it.  Admittedly, Darkwa and DeValve were panic/throwing darts.  And they will probably be my first cuts (should've taken Calvin Johnson if I'm cutting them, anyways).  I know I'm weak at TE, but just trying to keep my head above water there.  Obviously not flexing TE.

Taking Henry 6th is an example of someone who could help you in the championship round but can also prevent you from even getting there if he's not starting pretty early in the year. I'd have preferred to handcuff LB with Conner instead of A Morris possibly backing up DMC possibly for 6 games. 

Decent WRs, and it looks like Hilton went pretty late because of the Luck problem but you'll need him to have a year similar to last year. You're right about TEs. Witten should be OK but it's a mediocre group overall.

For your QBs, hopefully one of them will be home each week - that'll be the guy to start. 

Good luck. This team has a lot of holes so I expect you'll need some luck and aggressive waiver wire work for it to compete. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the 12:

 

QB: Carr (10), Taylor (15)

RB: Freeman (1), Zeke (2), Woodhead (6), Perine (9), Quiz Rodgers (10), Joe Williams (13)

WR: Watkins (3), Parker (7), DJax (8), Ginn (12), Lee (14), Ross (18)

TE: Reed (4), Rudolph (5), Davis (16), Swoope (19)

K: Vinitieri (20)

Def: NYG (17)

 

Champ rds or bust.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jersey Jammer said:

Taking Henry 6th is an example of someone who could help you in the championship round but can also prevent you from even getting there if he's not starting pretty early in the year. I'd have preferred to handcuff LB with Conner instead of A Morris possibly backing up DMC possibly for 6 games. 

Decent WRs, and it looks like Hilton went pretty late because of the Luck problem but you'll need him to have a year similar to last year. You're right about TEs. Witten should be OK but it's a mediocre group overall.

For your QBs, hopefully one of them will be home each week - that'll be the guy to start. 

Good luck. This team has a lot of holes so I expect you'll need some luck and aggressive waiver wire work for it to compete. 

 

Thanks for the feedback.  Conner went earlier than I anticipated.  Morris is only for a McFadden injury week 1 or pre week 1.  He will be cut soon after.  I think I can wait on Henry as I can play whatever TB back is starting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, madzff said:

Picking 2nd.

QB - Wilson (7), BigBen (10)

RBs - Leveon (1), D.Henry (6), Martin (8), McFadden (9), Jacquizz (12), Darkwa (17),  A.Morris (20)

WRs - Hilton (2), D.Thomas (3), Tate (4), Snead (5), R.Anderson (13)

TEs - Witten (11), ASJ (15), Clay (16), DeValve (18)

PK - Prater (19)

Def - Houston (14)

 

Well... have at it.  Admittedly, Darkwa and DeValve were panic/throwing darts.  And they will probably be my first cuts (should've taken Calvin Johnson if I'm cutting them, anyways).  I know I'm weak at TE, but just trying to keep my head above water there.  Obviously not flexing TE.

I like it a lot.  Would have liked it more going TE over Snead there.  I Like Snead but you were fine with the 3 WR's taken at that point.  And you likely passed on the likes of Eifert or Rudolph.  Swap Snead/Witten for TE/WR  and this could have been monster.  

Going to be strong that's a given.  Henry could be your X factor.  If he's the guy come week 14, this is a very dangerous team. 

Edited by Da Gildz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Da Gildz said:

From the 12:

 

QB: Carr (10), Taylor (15)

RB: Freeman (1), Zeke (2), Woodhead (6), Perine (9), Quiz Rodgers (10), Joe Williams (13)

WR: Watkins (3), Parker (7), DJax (8), Ginn (12), Lee (14), Ross (18)

TE: Reed (4), Rudolph (5), Davis (16), Swoope (19)

K: Vinitieri (20)

Def: NYG (17)

 

Champ rds or bust.  

 

Hmmm, overall I like it.

Zeke at 12 though and you cannot use him until week 8 is tough.  If survive until that point you could be extremely strong but I can't pull the trigger at that price point.

I was thinking middle 3rd or 4th round.  #### if he does anything else at this point he is gone for the season and even longer possibly.  A.K.A. Josh Gordon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Middle 3rd+, you won't be getting him.  Can't imagine the Bell/DJ owner passing him over end of R2.  Be crazy to do so. Having those duos in champ rds is a ridiculous adv.  At 13 it was a risk for sure but one I'm willing to take.  Replacement player + Zeke still a top 10 back IMO.  Tread water, 4-3 ish or in the Pts mix, I'll take it.  It is possible it gets reduced still, who knows.

Few of the owners were mocking the pick, not surprising.  But the guys mocking it were likely the ones waiting to take him end of the 2nd.  

 

Edited by Da Gildz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

Middle 3rd+, you won't be getting him.  Can't imagine the Bell/DJ owner passing him over end of R2.  Be crazy to do so. Having those duos in champ rds is a ridiculous adv.  At 13 it was a risk for sure but one I'm willing to take.  Replacement player + Zeke still a top 10 back IMO.  Tread water, 4-3 ish or in the Pts mix, I'll take it.  It is possible it gets reduced still, who knows.

Few of the owners were mocking the pick, not surprising.  But the guys mocking it were likely the ones waiting to take him end of the 2nd.  

 

Made my thoughts known in the Zeke thread, but I agree.  No way he makes it past the 2-3 turn.  I have to agree with you on the risk being worth it at the 2.01, especially in a tournament format like the FBG.  You can play it safe and win your league going away, but do nothing in the BIG three weeks ( like me last year), or you can take chances like that, sneak your way into the playoffs and really do some damage having an advantage over a lot of teams.  

I think you crushed this one.  If the suspension for Zeke gets reduced, you are looking even better.  I'm thinking the Rams will surprise a little on offense this year.  Major upgrades, and if Goff comes even close to average, they have all the weapons they need.  Watkins and Gore being the main guys who benefit.  

Its not boom or bust, so much as it is HIGH upside that can take you to a good place if you make it to the champ round.  Good Luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pick 11:

QB: Luck (9), Palmer (12)

RB: Gordon (1), Miller (3), Woodhead (5) , J White (11), Foreman (15), Langford (17)

WR: M Thomas (2), Robinson (4), Garçon  (7), C Coleman(10), Funchess (13), K White(14), T Smith (16), C Johnson (19)

TE: Eifert (6), Henry (8)

K: Sturgis (20)

D: NYG (18)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1-hole:

Stafford (13), Wentz (19)

DJ (1), Ware (4), Hunt (9), TWest (10), Rawls (11), Prosise (12)

Cooks (2), Baldwin (3), Landry (5), Benjamin (7), Lee (14), Funchess (17)

Ebron (6), Engram (12), Clay (15), Davis (18)

Gostkowski (16)

LA (20)

 

Edited by Seven Above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, buballa said:

Pick 11:

QB: Luck (9), Palmer (12)

RB: Gordon (1), Miller (3), Woodhead (5) , J White (11), Foreman (15), Langford (17)

WR: M Thomas (2), Robinson (4), Garçon  (7), C Coleman(10), Funchess (13), K White(14), T Smith (16), C Johnson (19)

TE: Eifert (6), Henry (8)

K: Sturgis (20)

D: NYG (18)

This is a team I can see myself drafting pretty similar until you got past round 10. After that, not many of my target players, but hats personal preference. 

I think you got good value on miller, but I'm still luke-warm on Thomas. 

I like it. No real big chances, it's pretty chalky, but it will compete. Waiver wire will make the difference for this team, IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Seven Above said:

1-hole:

Stafford (13), Wentz (19)

DJ (1), Ware (2), Hunt (9), TWest (10), Rawls (11), Prosise (12)

Cooks (2), Baldwin (3), Landry (5), Benjamin (7), Lee (14), Funchess (17)

Ebron (6), Engram (12), Clay (15), Davis (18)

Gostkowski (16)

LA (20)

 

You got ware and cooks in the second?  😃👍 jk  

I dont like the strategy. 4 of first 12 picks on two backfields that may split all year. Who to start each week could become a nightmare. Couple one of those backfields with one of the most inconsistent week to week receivers (Baldwin) in the NFL and you will have boom/bust weeks. DJ should obviously add some stability, but hard to tell what the Hoodie will do week to week with Cooks.  

I like many of the players, but I don't necessarily like them together, if that makes sense.  Roster construction is huge in this contest and this one feels like a miss. 

Good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, buballa said:

Pick 11:

QB: Luck (9), Palmer (12)

RB: Gordon (1), Miller (3), Woodhead (5) , J White (11), Foreman (15), Langford (17)

WR: M Thomas (2), Robinson (4), Garçon  (7), C Coleman(10), Funchess (13), K White(14), T Smith (16), C Johnson (19)

TE: Eifert (6), Henry (8)

K: Sturgis (20)

D: NYG (18)

Decent team, but a couple of your early picks - A Rob & Miller - are a little sketchy. I don't have much hope for them. At least with A Rob you've got decent WR depth behind him. It looks like Miller's touches will be limited so will need to wait and see if that gets him back to his Miami production or not. Luck can be your make or break pick. If he's a top 5 QB you'll be fine - if not, probably in trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Seven Above said:

1-hole:

Stafford (13), Wentz (19)

DJ (1), Ware (2), Hunt (9), TWest (10), Rawls (11), Prosise (12)

Cooks (2), Baldwin (3), Landry (5), Benjamin (7), Lee (14), Funchess (17)

Ebron (6), Engram (12), Clay (15), Davis (18)

Gostkowski (16)

LA (20)

 

Nice team, but need to sort out the QB and RB challenges.

Only start Stafford indoors! He sucks outside. He'll be @ the Giants Week 2 so won't do much, and unfortunately Wentz will be @ KC. Beyond that, they'll both put up nice weeks but will be a challenge to figure out who to start. These are nice Best Ball QBs to have but challenging to have in a redraft. 

Re your RBs, am very surprised Hunt went ahead of West. In round 9 am thinking you still could have found a starting RB, but if that's a play for the championship round, OK. West in round 10 is a nice choice as long as Balt doesn't add anyone else. 

In week 1 I see your flexes being Landry and Benjamin, which is solid, and watching to see if West or Rawls makes significant contributions or not.

Nice overall but I would have grabbed a QB in the 9th instead of Hunt. Would have totally changed the complexion of this team. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, buballa said:

Pick 11:

QB: Luck (9), Palmer (12)

RB: Gordon (1), Miller (3), Woodhead (5) , J White (11), Foreman (15), Langford (17)

WR: M Thomas (2), Robinson (4), Garçon  (7), C Coleman(10), Funchess (13), K White(14), T Smith (16), C Johnson (19)

TE: Eifert (6), Henry (8)

K: Sturgis (20)

D: NYG (18)

I consider you thin at TE with only two, albeit potentially quality players, in ffpc scoring format.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.