What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** (1 Viewer)

jamny

Footballguy
I wonder who the last person to name their kid **** was? Does anyone named Richard still prefer the shortened name ****? How did **** become short for Richard anyway? How did the penis come to be called ****? How did calling someone a #### become a derogatory thing? Well, that one might be obvious.

So many **** questions.

Wow, just that one was filtered.
It's like #### or on South Park, you can say it if you are one. 

So, hey, there... ####ty ####ty how do ya do

wow, they don't even # the F word, it just disappears. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's like #### or on South Park, you can say it if you are one. 

So, hey, there... ####ty ####ty how do ya do

wow, they don't even # the F word, it just disappears. 
Looks like the filter doesn't catch the "reason for edit"

I personally know a 4 year old named Richard. The parents seem bright enough but they were huge Bernie supporters so not that bright. 

They call him by his middle name... I guess they named him after someone but why not make 'Richard' the middle name if you're not going to use it? 

I personally know a 4 year old named Richard. The parents seem bright enough but they were huge Bernie supporters so not that bright. 

They call him by his middle name... I guess they named him after someone but why not make 'Richard' the middle name if you're not going to use it? 
I like the old school names. A friend of mine named their kid George and I love it. But you know what's going to happen when you name your kid Richard.

I like the old school names. A friend of mine named their kid George and I love it. But you know what's going to happen when you name your kid Richard.
I do too. Both of my boys have classic names.

I met a girl named 'Ashvee' when my wife was pregnant with our first and asked her if she liked her unique name or if she would have preferred a more common name. Her response was essentially, 'I have to repeat my name LITERALLY every single time I'm introduced to a new person. I'm in sales - it gets old fast. Give your kid a normal name.'

Is his middle name Bernie?

College buddy used to introduce himself to girls as Peter..... Peter Gozinya.  20% of the time it worked 100% of the time.

I have a friend named Rich. About 20 years into the friendship he let it slip his middle name is Edward.

Richard Edward....

All those missed years of calling him **** Ed....

My Dad's name was Richard, and he went by ****. When he would call someone on the phone, let's say he called John, he would say, "John? ****, John," letting the guy knew who he was. He had an acquaintance also named ****, and when he would call him he would say, "****? ****, ****."

It was the funniest thing ever as a kid.

I do too. Both of my boys have classic names.

I met a girl named 'Ashvee' when my wife was pregnant with our first and asked her if she liked her unique name or if she would have preferred a more common name. Her response was essentially, 'I have to repeat my name LITERALLY every single time I'm introduced to a new person. I'm in sales - it gets old fast. Give your kid a normal name.'
My wife wanted to name our third daughter "Marlowe," which seems like a neat old timey name until every single time she introduces herself throughout her lifetime and someone responds with "Marla?"  Sounds wildly inefficient. Throughout the course of the day she gave birth, I told my wife to wait and see -- and it happened literally every time a nurse walked in and asked what name we had picked out.  

Convinced her to call an audible and go with "Margaux," which introduces the inefficiency that nobody will know how the hell to spell it, but at least they'll know what her name is. 

Sold Canon copiers out of college.  on our sales team was a guy named Richard Hurtz.  

One of the top salesmen would stroll into the office every afternoon and shout out, "Who's Dic k Hurtz?"   It never got old. 

About 8 years later, our sons played in little league. I could never look him straight in the face for fear of busting up. 

My wife wanted to name our third daughter "Marlowe," which seems like a neat old timey name until every single time she introduces herself throughout her lifetime and someone responds with "Marla?"  Sounds wildly inefficient. Throughout the course of the day she gave birth, I told my wife to wait and see -- and it happened literally every time a nurse walked in and asked what name we had picked out.  

Convinced her to call an audible and go with "Margaux," which introduces the inefficiency that nobody will know how the hell to spell it, but at least they'll know what her name is. 
We named our youngest daughter Emery. We still get Emily all the time from others.

Could have went with Mar-a-Lago.

All kinds of oof. 

Same reason we named our son supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. 

A colleague of mine has a client named Richard Cole that goes by ****.  I know this because one day I answered his phone and had to tell my colleague that **** Cole called him.  I couldn't say it with a straight face.

A few years ago, I brought on a client Richard XXXX.  He will email me from time to time and sign his name as ****.  I can't get myself to address the return email Hi **** so I just use Hi Mr. XXXX.

Does anyone named Richard still prefer **** over Rich or Rick as a shortened name?
It's always been my nickname (age 60+). :shrug: . But, yeah, it's uncomfortable now. In formal settings, I'll introduce myself as Richard and leave it at that.  As my running buddies know, I've borrowed my son's nickname of Wally.

i do know a Richard whose last name is Schwanz.  Honest truth.

Users who are viewing this thread