Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ShamrockPride

Return of the Mack...Marlon Mack, RB, Indy

10 hours ago, Wise Old Owl said:

Hopefully it lowers his price. I think Mack beats out Ajayi even if Ajayi stays healthy.

Is it just me or does anyone else think Ajayi isn't that great.  Yes, it would hurt Mack's value and make him cheaper, but I think Mack has a lot more talent than Ajayi. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think Ajayi isn't that great.  Yes, it would hurt Mack's value and make him cheaper, but I think Mack has a lot more talent than Ajayi. 

Ajayi being brought in for a workout wouldn't concern me much at all about Mack's value, nor would it cause any hesitation in me trying to acquire him.  If they do sign him, I'd wager it's not much more than a depth move given Mack's injury concerns.

2 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

The shiny new toy always has more talent in the SP. I'm not saying Mack is no good, but Ajayi is 3 years removed from a better season. He's still only 25 years old. They're pretty comparable. 

I've been a long time Ajayi trutger but he looked cooked last year and I'm guessing another torn acl isn't going to help the matter. 

I have Ajayi (not Mack) and if Ajayi goes there I will be feeling out the Mack owner to see if I can buy low. 

17 hours ago, Wise Old Owl said:

Hopefully it lowers his price. I think Mack beats out Ajayi even if Ajayi stays healthy.

Mack was solid last year after returning from his injury. I agree that Mack will be the workhouse back with Ajayi being the 3rd down/COP back.

Colts GM Chris Ballard said the team believes Marlon Mack "can play all three downs."

"We think he can carry the load," Ballard continued. The Colts were mentioned in the Le'Veon Bell sweepstakes, but it never seemed to have any legs as Ballard sat out the first wave of free agency for the most part. Ballard wasn't the only one with praise for Mack. Coach Frank Reich said he "absolutely" think Mack is a feature back and "will look to continue to build that with Marlon." After returning from injury in Week 6, Mack compiled a 218-1,068-10 rushing line across 13 games, including the playoffs. He had five 100-yard games in that span. The Colts still figure to run a committee of sorts, but Mack has RB1 upside in this potent offense.

SOURCE: 1070 AM Indianapolis

Mar 29, 2019, 8:27 AM