Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ShamrockPride

Return of the Mack...Marlon Mack, RB, Indy

1 minute ago, killface said:

I'm shocked someone think edwards is going to get 100 attempts...that guy is a jag

Yes, A JAG He is. Their is nothing special about B Barber, M Davis, CJ Anderson, L Murray, C Hyde
or J McKinnon and they are all going to get 80-100+ carries.

M Davis could still be the starter.

The Indianapolis Star believes Colts coach Frank Reich wants Marlon Mack to "carry the load" for the backfield.

This has been clear for some time now. The Colts did not draft a running back and added only Spencer Ware in free agency. Nyheim Hines isn't going anywhere as a pass catcher, but Mack — who handled big workloads down the stretch last season — should have a decisive upper hand on Jordan Wilkins and Ware on early downs.

SOURCE: Indianapolis Star

Jun 13, 2019, 8:09 PM ET

• Like 1

Field Yates @FieldYates

While questions surround the Indy QB situation, the backfield workhorse is clear: Marlon Mack is the man.

I feel like Mack is the next Garrison Hearst. That is, supremely underrated in FF circles, but goes out and puts up pretty good numbers for several years, while that FF community clamors for his replacement year after year.

Jared Smola @SmolaDS

#Colts RB snaps with starting QB Jacoby Brissett yesterday: Marlon Mack - 16 Nyheim Hines - 2 Mack was on the field for all 3 third downs and 1 fourth down.

Evan Silva @evansilva

Were signs of #Colts transitioning Marlon Mack into true 3-down role late last season when his routes run per game spiked & Nyheim Hines’ usage dwindled. Mack headed for 3-down role this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Penguin said:

Jared Smola @SmolaDS

#Colts RB snaps with starting QB Jacoby Brissett yesterday: Marlon Mack - 16 Nyheim Hines - 2 Mack was on the field for all 3 third downs and 1 fourth down.

Evan Silva @evansilva

Were signs of #Colts transitioning Marlon Mack into true 3-down role late last season when his routes run per game spiked & Nyheim Hines’ usage dwindled. Mack headed for 3-down role this year.

Mack might be a league winner this year.  The Colts are going to score in spades.  Mack as an RB2 for guys in the top half of a draft who land stud RB1 and solid WR1 can take this guy as RB2 on the turn in the third.   He may fall further even.  

I am targeting him everywhere.  

Mack is currently RB19 in 0.5 PPR according to FFC. These are the guys currently ahead of him at RB12-RB18.

K. Johnson / D. Williams (KC) / L. Fournette / D. Freeman / M. Gordon / A. Jones / J. Jacobs

Other than a returning Gordon...can anyone argue why Mack shouldn't be ahead of everyone else on that list?

1 minute ago, zoonation said:

The Colts are going to score in spades.

Not if its with Brissett they won't. 3300 yards at 59% wont cut it in 2019.

Just now, Choke said:

Not if its with Brissett they won't. 3300 yards at 59% wont cut it in 2019.

I don’t buy it.  Luck will play.  

I watched a video where he hopped over over #### and displayed excellent footwork!  He is fine!  Lol. 

Mack is value either way.  

1 minute ago, zoonation said:

I don’t buy it.  Luck will play.  

I watched a video where he hopped over over #### and displayed excellent footwork!  He is fine!  Lol. 

Mack is value either way.  

They said he had acute pain after jumping around. Its didn't stop him from moving, but its a definite issue.

He has much less with Brissett. As does every Indy offensive player.

Edited by Choke

Just now, Choke said:

They said he had acute pain after jumping around. Its didn't stop him from moving, but its a definite issue.

Guy can’t catch a break.  Jesus. 

Do you project Mack lower than current adp if JB starts, let’s say, 6-8 games this year?

19 minutes ago, Penguin said:

Jared Smola @SmolaDS

Evan Silva @evansilva

He failed on 3rd and 2 and failed again on 3rd and 1.  Which is why they took a look-see at Foreman.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zoonation said:

Guy can’t catch a break.  Jesus. 

Do you project Mack lower than current adp if JB starts, let’s say, 6-8 games this year?

With no Luck all RBs loose .3-.6 ypc. And the rushing TDs get cut in half, maybe worse if Brissett vultures.

So it effects everyone on that team WR/TE/RB.

I'm about a whisker away from drafting Mack in my main league, ftr. Depends on who is available obviously, but he is a strong possibility.

1 minute ago, Choke said:

With no Luck all RBs loose .3-.6 ypc. And the rushing TDs get cut in half, maybe worse if Brissett vultures.

So it effects everyone on that team WR/TE/RB.

I'm about a whisker away from drafting Mack in my main league, ftr. Depends on who is available obviously, but he is a strong possibility.

Who are you considering over him?

4 minutes ago, zoonation said:

Who are you considering over him?

Nobody "over him", its whether I switch gears and take a 2nd tier TE or WR.  It's a hold over league, and he will be getting to my mid-early pick.

Luck is the lynch-pin. 

2 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

On the surface seems to be one of the safer picks,  #1rb on a top offense. 

But I've been burned by this type before.

?

22 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

On the surface seems to be one of the safer picks,  #1rb on a top offense. 

But I've been burned by this type before.

Yup, fantasy graveyards are littered with the remains of guys who flashed for the back half of a season and then couldn't handle the primary workload when given the opportunity the following season.  It's the same reason I'm reticent to draft Damien Williams.

1 hour ago, Grigs Allmoon said:

I feel like Mack is the next Garrison Hearst. That is, supremely underrated in FF circles, but goes out and puts up pretty good numbers for several years, while that FF community clamors for his replacement year after year.

I was guilty of this last year! Did all my research trying to determine if it would be Himes or Wilkins thinking Mack was done. 

1 hour ago, zoonation said:

Mack might be a league winner this year.  The Colts are going to score in spades.  Mack as an RB2 for guys in the top half of a draft who land stud RB1 and solid WR1 can take this guy as RB2 on the turn in the third.   He may fall further even.  

I am targeting him everywhere.  

In PPR? The only thing that makes me hesitate is the lack of receptions. I think he had more than one reception in one game last year. But he is a beast on the ground. 

1 hour ago, PhantomJB said:

Mack is currently RB19 in 0.5 PPR according to FFC. These are the guys currently ahead of him at RB12-RB18.

K. Johnson / D. Williams (KC) / L. Fournette / D. Freeman / M. Gordon / A. Jones / J. Jacobs

Other than a returning Gordon...can anyone argue why Mack shouldn't be ahead of everyone else on that list?

KJ turning into a 3 down back. Fournette supposed to be more involved in the passing game. Freeman finally doesn’t have Coleman behind him (but Hill could take his place - kid is a stud). Jones is a wild card - I feel like he could finish in a 15 spot range all the way up to RB5-7 or all the way down to RB20-25  

But if someone took Mack ahead of them all I wouldn’t argue against it. 

Edited by Elevencents

3 minutes ago, Elevencents said:

In PPR? The only thing that makes me hesitate is the lack of receptions. I think he had more than one reception in one game last year. But he is a beast on the ground. 

Fair point. But this guy is going to touch it a lot.