Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ShamrockPride

Return of the Mack...Marlon Mack, RB, Indy

He was dropped and I picked him up off waivers.  Have the best record and secured a first round bye.  Surprised he was dropped as he still has a 92% ownership in Yahoo leagues.

51 minutes ago, steelwind said:

He was dropped and I picked him up off waivers.  Have the best record and secured a first round bye.  Surprised he was dropped as he still has a 92% ownership in Yahoo leagues.

I think that you were smart to pick him up, especially since you can afford to wait, but I also think that for teams more on the bubble, it is totally defensible to drop him. I would guess that the odds of him playing in week 14 are less than 50%.  Week 15, I’m not totally sure how to evaluate.  I think that week 16 is the soonest that you can feel confident that he will play and do you are holding a roster spot for someone who is still not a lock for a theoretical championship game you may never get to.    I am still holding because I am in first, though don’t have a bye secured, because I feel like I have the luxury.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news

Marlon Mack (hand) is targeting a Week 14 return.

Mack has already been ruled out for Sunday. This is the first real timetable we've seen on him. Mack has yet to practice since he went down in Week 11, so he's far from a lock to be back next week. The Colts will continue to go with a committee of Jonathan Williams and Nyheim Hines until he returns.

SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter

Nov 30, 2019, 11:53 AM ET

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Scut Farkus said:

I think that you were smart to pick him up, especially since you can afford to wait, but I also think that for teams more on the bubble, it is totally defensible to drop him. I would guess that the odds of him playing in week 14 are less than 50%.  Week 15, I’m not totally sure how to evaluate.  I think that week 16 is the soonest that you can feel confident that he will play and do you are holding a roster spot for someone who is still not a lock for a theoretical championship game you may never get to.    I am still holding because I am in first, though don’t have a bye secured, because I feel like I have the luxury.

This makes a lot of sense. I am fighting for a playoff spot. I would have a tough time picking someone up that won’t help me until week 15 at the earliest. 

Marlon Mack (hand) is targeting a Week 14 return.

Mack has already been ruled out for Sunday. This is the first real timetable we've seen on him. Mack has yet to practice since he went down in Week 11, so he's far from a lock to be back next week. The Colts will continue to go with a committee of Jonathan Williams and Nyheim Hines until he returns.

SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter

Nov 30, 2019, 11:53 AM ET

Interesting, considering Rene Bremel has him listed as "doubtful" for wk 14 still.

I have Mack & Williams, am I supposed to pick up and start Wilkins now???  😖

Marlon Mack (hand) returned to practice Wednesday.

Mack has been targeting a Week 14 return, and this gives him a shot at that. Jonathan Williams lit up Week 12 but was a mere rotational back last week with Nyheim Hines getting more involved on the ground. If Mack is able to play this week, he'll get a tougher road test against the Bucs' stout run defense.

Edited by The Frankman

4 hours ago, whole-show said:

Reich said Mack will practice today per Kevin Bowen 

Just get healthy.  I don't need him until wk15.  Hoping a week practice and a limited snap count for wk14, followed by full practice and game on wk 15.

So will he be playing with a cast or splint?  If so, this obviously hampers his ability to hold onto the ball. 

2 hours ago, stlrams said:

So will he be playing with a cast or splint?  If so, this obviously hampers his ability to hold onto the ball. 

What's a fumble, -2?  Hardly a reason to bench him in the playoffs unless you have better options.

15 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

What's a fumble, -2?  Hardly a reason to bench him in the playoffs unless you have better options.

No penalty for fumbles for me

The matchup and not knowing if he will carry the load is scaring me off 

On 12/4/2019 at 4:00 PM, Peak said:

Just get healthy.  I don't need him until wk15.  Hoping a week practice and a limited snap count for wk14, followed by full practice and game on wk 15.

Week 15 @ NO are we still using Mack?

11 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

Yes - if he can’t secure the ball properly he might get taken out of game or play sparingly.  

12 hours ago, steelwind said:

Week 15 @ NO are we still using Mack?

Prior to injury, Mack was matchup agnostic.  He was producing in every game.  If he's healthy, he'll be top of my list.

Hard to tell if he's fully healthy this week. I have Henry and Guice in over him for now. I could put him in the Flex over a WR if it looks like he's full go on Sunday. Just hard to make that decision and end up with a David Johnson situation in the playoffs.

Bucs are solid against the run and he obviously won't be much of a pass catching threat. My opponent is starting him currently, I'm okay with that. 

Watching the Colts games this year I do notice that no matter what the score they will keep running the ball.  So whoever is at RB won't be phased out.  Anyone else confirm this?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, steelwind said:

Watching the Colts games this year I do notice that no matter what the score they will keep running the ball.  So whoever is at RB won't be phased out.  Anyone else confirm this?

True.  With the lack of WR depth and Hilton hurt, the Colts will definitely keep running the ball.  Plus, I can't say that I think Reich has a lot of confidence in Brissett and I know he doesn't want him to have to pass a lot, even if Hilton was healthy.  I believe the Colts will need to take a long look at themselves and answer the question of Brissett is the QB of the future for the Colts.  Let's say I have my doubts.  Thankfully for the Colts they have a good OL and can probably run successfully on teams not great against the run, even if they stack the box.

Colts coach Frank Reich doesn't plan on using a "pitch count" for Marlon Mack.

Mack is going to play Week 14 against the Bucs and may not be overly limited per Reich's post-practice comments. Reich did say that all four running backs are expected to be active, however. Mack's biggest issue is the matchup. Tampa Bay has the league's best run defense and one of the worst secondaries. Since he isn't utilized as a receiver often, Mack is best viewed as a low-end RB2.

SOURCE: Mike Chappell on Twitter

Dec 6, 2019, 1:48 PM ET

Marlon Mack rushed 13 times for 38 yards and a touchdown in the Colts' Week 14 loss to the Buccaneers.

Mack sure looked healthy, unleashing multiple deadly stiff arms and showing no ill effects from his hand injury. The Colts responded by feeding Mack well ahead of any other RB on the roster, as his 13 touches easily surpassed Nyheim Hines (8), Jordan Wilkin (1) and Jonathan Williams (0). Mack’s ceiling would be higher if he had more of a pass-game role, but he’s still a good candidate for between 15-20 touches per game regardless of the matchup inside of the Colts’ run-first offense. Treat him as a borderline RB2 in Week 15 against the Saints.

Edited by The Frankman

Am I over thinking this?   Week 15 and seeing the FBG rankings all have Montgomery and Laird over Mack.  It just doesn’t feel right putting them in over someone who has been a solid RB2 all year with that OL.  Sharks?

7 minutes ago, steelwind said:

Am I over thinking this?   Week 15 and seeing the FBG rankings all have Montgomery and Laird over Mack.  It just doesn’t feel right putting them in over someone who has been a solid RB2 all year with that OL.  Sharks?

I'm having a similar struggle with Laird and Mixon. I realize industry projections can lag behind the "new normal" a little bit but having Laird above these guys feels like oversteer...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, steelwind said:

As a Colt fan.  If Mack is healthy enough to play that is a bad ranking.

Montgomery has been terrible and Laird has played okay, but don't expect much out of him.

• Like 1

I didn't see any games last nor any highlights but did Mack look OK carrying the ball?  Any noticeable issues or should we assume he's one week healthier?  He had 13 carries but I think it was more of a shootout and he could have handled more carries if needed?  I'll be rolling him this week but a bit concerned about the NO run defense currently ranked #5 against the run.  That said, I think most teams do what they can to keep Brees and Co off the field so perhaps the game-plan calls for a heavy dosage of Mack?   Unless of course NO goes off and they are forced to throw the ball.

Edited by xenon

2 minutes ago, xenon said:

I didn't see any games last nor any highlights but did Mack look OK carrying the ball?  Any noticeable issues or should we assume he's one week healthier?  He had 13 carries but I think it was more of a shootout and he could have handled more carries if needed?  I'll be rolling him this week but a bit concerned about the NO run defense currently ranked #5 against the run.  That said, I think most teams do what they can to keep Brees and Co off the field so perhaps the game-plan calls for a heavy dosage of Mack? 

Mack has looked fine.  It is more about what the OL can do against the other teams.  They are an elite OL.  The problem has been they are a mediocre team this year and can't rely on the OL to win games with Brissett at QB.  I would start Mack against mediocre teams and lower with much confidence. The rest I would still start, but would be concerned they game script says run it fewer and on more predictable downs.

Edited by smbkrypt24

Marlon Mack rushed 16 times for 95 yards and a touchdown in Indianapolis' Week 16 win over the Panthers.

Mack went over 1,000 rushing yards on the year for the first time in his career with a bruising 30-yard dash in the third quarter. He joined Frank Gore (2016) as just the second running back for the Colts to eclipse that mark in the last 12 seasons. All three available running backs for Indianapolis unsurprisingly scored as their defense forced three turnovers from rookie Will Grier and buoyed superb special teams into 14 points and a 38-6 walloping. Mack's lone touchdown was a one-yard rush up the gut following a 21-yard catch down the middle of the field from Mo Alie-Cox. Mack gets another elite on-paper matchup against Jacksonville's struggling front-seven in the Colts' regular season finale.

Edited by The Frankman