What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

3 Big Dynasty Trade Options: Pick one or none? (1 Viewer)

chaindog35

Footballguy
A team in my league has three offers on the table for his 1st rd rookie pick in 2018 (He had the 1.3 this year, so it could fall #2-8 next year).  The league is 10 team, non-PPR league with standard scoring and TDs are all 6 pts.  Which offer should he take or should he pass on all 3?  He is a Vikings fan, so I worry that will influence his decision.

His Team Bench in ()

QB Stafford (Winston, Mariota, Wentz, Bradford)

RB Ingram, Perkins (A Peterson, McFadden, McKinnon, Jalen Richard, D Woodhead)

WR Dez Bryant, Crabtree, S Diggs (John Brown, L Caroo, J Gordon, A Hurns, B Lafell, B Miller, E Royal, M Sanu)

TE D Walker (J Thomas)

K Gostkowski

Option #1 : Give 2018 1st for Tom Savage, CJ Anderson, Lat Murray, Chris Hogan, Eli Rogers, Adam Thielen and 2018 3rd rd pick (this was #1 team in 2016)

Option #2: GIve 2018 1st and 2019 2d for Marshawn Lynch, Chris Thompson, Robby Anderson, Chris Conley, Michael Floyd, Torrey Smith, 1.10 and 3.05 picks in 2017, 2 4ths in 2018 and a 4th in 2019 

Option #3: GIve 2018 1st  for Chris Thompson, Robby Anderson, Chris Conley, Michael Floyd, Torrey Smith, 1.10 and 3.05 picks in 2017, 2 4ths in 2018, a 4th in 2019 and a 4th in 2020

Option #4: Pass on all 3 offers

Which option should this owner choose?

The trouble with trading a quarter for 5 nickels is the nickels take up four more roster spots than the quarter does. 

That makes deal #1 a non-starter for me.  Not enough gold in that pile of trash to be worth giving up all those spots.  (Caroo and Royal, maybe Miller are cuts, but so are E. Rogers and Hogan in a 10-team league.)

Options 2 and 3 at least get a 1st back in addition to the trash pile, but 1.10 is likely much later than where the surrendered 2018 pick will be.  Furthermore, the trash piles associated are far worse than the Anderson/Murray/Thielen pile.  Lynch is about the only piece worth anything in this format, and he isn't worth a 1st in my view.

Option 4 gets my vote, and it isn't really close.

They are all terrible offers.  Pass on them and I wouldn't bother countering offers like that.

Yes those are terrible offers.  They are pieces that are end of bench or waiver wire material.  The first is much more valuable.

Those offers gave me a nice chuckle!

Pass on all of them.  You can get any of those type of players off of the waiver wire or very cheaply in a trade.  A 1st rounder isn't cheap.

Pass on all of them.  The other teams are simply trying to free up roster spots and pick up a top pick.  These offers shouldn't even be considered.

I'd be tempted by a reworked trade:

2018 1st and 2019 2nd for 1.10, Marshawn Lynch. and Chris Conley.

Gives him a better chance of competing this year, and you know that 1.10 this year is going to be a solid pick. We think that there will be lots of talent in the draft next year, but you never know. A handful of great players that were going to come out this year, didn't.

The offers as constructed are all crap.  Pupu platter for a future asset.  That 2018 1st (considering it should be top half of the draft) will grow in value.  No need to waste it here on a couple has beens and never will be's.

He has too many QB's in this format.  I would trade Stafford, Wentz and Bradford for whatever I could get.  Winston & Mariota should be a great duo for the foreseeable future.  I see no reason he needs 5 QB's.  Do that to take some flyers on high upside guys and free up some roster spots.  Having that many QB's is baffling - especially based on who the QB's are.      

Users who are viewing this thread