What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Snowfall thread: new show on FX coming July 5th*** (1 Viewer)

Anybody watch this? Reviews seemed mixed, but some of the not so great ones say there's potential here so it might be worth sticking around to see if they find their footing. It's on the DVR, and I'm thinking of letting them pile up unless I start hearing it's awesome from people I trust. And I trust the FFA kind of.

Plorfu said:
Anybody watch this? Reviews seemed mixed, but some of the not so great ones say there's potential here so it might be worth sticking around to see if they find their footing. It's on the DVR, and I'm thinking of letting them pile up unless I start hearing it's awesome from people I trust. And I trust the FFA kind of.
Just watched. Really digging the pilot, lots of potential here IMO.

IN

:teamfranklin:

The critical reviews mostly revolve around a perceived "lack of urgency" and action, not on the concept or actual execution.  I think the pilot was a 6 as far as an episode of TV goes, but an 8 as far as a pilot goes.  Franklin and the CIA agent are both interesting already, and the story itself is fascinating.  The Vanity Fair review seems to be disappointed in not knowing how things will play out.  :rolleyes:

Eh...

Almost turned it off in the first 15 mins.  The rest was OK enough to make me sort of want to check out the next episode.

Editorial: Can somebody tell the basic cable channels that TnA and vague sex scenes don't mean crap in this day and age?  What kind of dinosaur is going to tune into a TV show just because of dirty stuff when pron is a couple of clicks away?

I think the pilot was a 6 as far as an episode of TV goes, but an 8 as far as a pilot goes. 
This is basically me. I may go 5 and 7,but the point is pilots suck/are hard. This suffered from a lot of pilot type stuff, but there is enough to keep me watching a bit.

"It's a show about how the US government introduced crack cocaine to the ghetto.  It's about how they ruined the lives of countless people.  This is some hard hitting commentary..  Let's make sure we have at least 4 ####### scenes and a dude with a straw up his butt."

"It's a show about how the US government introduced crack cocaine to the ghetto.  It's about how they ruined the lives of countless people.  This is some hard hitting commentary..  Let's make sure we have at least 4 ####### scenes and a dude with a straw up his butt."
I actually started to wonder if they were trying real hard to make crack jokes. 

I like it so far. when the uptight CIA guy put on his sunglasses and became 'regular old cool drug selling guy', that was a pretty awesome performance.

and how come I never knew about the chicken milk bomb?

Watched the first episode and enjoyed it very much.  Very liberal with the hotties so far.

Plus the story seems kind of interesting too. 

I see were the critics are spot on here.  The third episode was painful as far as resolution goes, we really don't need the whole money heist spread over three episodes.  Is he gonna get his money back from Chuck the Raper?  Gee, I don't know.

We were promised crack and the crack game, John Singleton is stringing this along like it's on Starz and he has no shot at a 2nd season.  Come on! 

I see were the critics are spot on here.  The third episode was painful as far as resolution goes, we really don't need the whole money heist spread over three episodes.  Is he gonna get his money back from Chuck the Raper?  Gee, I don't know.

We were promised crack and the crack game, John Singleton is stringing this along like it's on Starz and he has no shot at a 2nd season.  Come on! 
Singleton did one really great thing...then never followed up.  Just like Tarantino and Kevin Smith.

Is anybody still watching this? I am but it's not nearly as entertaining as some of the really good shows that have been on FX imo.

The cartel scenes with Oso and the Chica are really good, until the last episode where Lou Diamond Phillips Jr just screws it all up in both performance, and life. 

If Franklin had got robbed one more time, especially in Oakland, I was done with this.  But he didn't and that part of the story is starting to open up.

The CIA guy and everything involved with that storyline is so bad, it's a D- at best.  A war on drugs view from a DEA perspective might have been better, or even local LE handling the drug epidemic of the 80s.  The CIA #### is just not interesting the way it is being presented and the guy in the lead role is not likable at all. 

Still watching but they have a good story base here and they are ####### it up IMO. 

Still watching.  Not sure why.  The Teddy, DEA angle, still is horrible.  The casting general is awful.  Great concept for a show, but the execution of it is just so bad.

Eh...

Almost turned it off in the first 15 mins.  The rest was OK enough to make me sort of want to check out the next episode.

Editorial: Can somebody tell the basic cable channels that TnA and vague sex scenes don't mean crap in this day and age?  What kind of dinosaur is going to tune into a TV show just because of dirty stuff when pron is a couple of clicks away?
You mean beside me? 

I still watch a couple of true detective episodes regularly

Last two episodes much, much better.

CIA guy still terrible, but like that he finally did something ballsy.  Knowing what I know, CIA guy isn't the tough guy you think he is.  So this part of the arc is somewhat entertaining to me.

Franklin starting to dominate though, he runs the show here IMO. 

Franklin not wanting the recipe to get out is solid. I also like them throwing an ‘84 Olympics scenario in there, the writers are thinking. 

halfway through season 2

enjoyed season 1 a lot. watched the original run when it was on. catching season 2 on DVR but months behind. 

season 2 seems like everyone became even more of a caricature of their role. in season 1 they were clearly over the top stereotypes of their roles but in season 2 it seems so much more... pronounced?

i'd have to go back and re-watch season 1 but Franklin's accent... whatever... seems so much more exaggerated. i get it, it's supposed to be a Cali hood accent but he suddenly sounds like someone imitating a bad imitation of Mac 10 or W.C.

and this Kev character went from being Gilligan to where they're trying to set him up as some hard street dude? but his acting of that role is just ... terrible. dude should be starring in Cats or Hair or something, not playing a drug dealer. 

:shrug:

I've never seen the show but I play basketball with Amin Joseph. Dude's a really funny guy on the court.

People not watching this? 

It’s getting better and better. 
i'm through season 3, ep. 2

it's on a steady uptick. all the actors & actresses had to flesh out their characters but they all seem dialed in now. got rid of some dead weight and tightened the cast.

Teddy is great, Jerome is great.  hopefully it doesn't go Sons of Anarchy with 30 people dying per episode.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread