What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is MLB's ball juiced? Pitchers strongly believe something's not right (article) (1 Viewer)

Lots of talk about how they have lowered the seams making it harder for pitchers to control/grip.  That and the flyball revolution, balls not juiced. 

Lots of talk about how they have lowered the seams making it harder for pitchers to control/grip.  That and the flyball revolution, balls not juiced. 
I heard somewhere recently that the recent trend of exit velocity and launch angles has "forced" a lot of players to alter their swings.

But it is interesting that the recent move to flatter seams, in conjunction with stricter regulations of aluminum bats, finally has brought a good balance of offense/pitching to college baseball.

I heard somewhere recently that the recent trend of exit velocity and launch angles has "forced" a lot of players to alter their swings.

But it is interesting that the recent move to flatter seams, in conjunction with stricter regulations of aluminum bats, finally has brought a good balance of offense/pitching to college baseball.
The way I see it is dominant pitchers like Sale, Kluber, Scherzer, Kershaw, and the like still dominate.  I'm good with more runs, more homers, more bullpen disasters if the game itself doesn't suffer.  It isn't right now, despite what haters say.  Millennials may be ignoring baseball now, but in ten years they won't.  No one over 40 wants to go to an NFL game, NBA blows, NHL is stilla niche sport.  Baseball thrives because it provides the best family atmosphere with a season that occurs in summer when kids are out of school.

It's a game to be loved, some just love it less than me and that's ok.  :shrug:

The way I see it is dominant pitchers like Sale, Kluber, Scherzer, Kershaw, and the like still dominate.  I'm good with more runs, more homers, more bullpen disasters if the game itself doesn't suffer.  It isn't right now, despite what haters say.  Millennials may be ignoring baseball now, but in ten years they won't.  No one over 40 wants to go to an NFL game, NBA blows, NHL is stilla niche sport.  Baseball thrives because it provides the best family atmosphere with a season that occurs in summer when kids are out of school.

It's a game to be loved, some just love it less than me and that's ok.  :shrug:
:goodposting:  Runs/game are at the highest they have been in a decade, but still well off the numbers that were averaged during the steroid era.

What's most interesting is that, while HRs are at a record pace, so are strikeouts. Which leads credence to the theory that batters are adjusting their swings to go for more of an all-of-nothing approach. It's not exactly how you would think baseball would be played these days with so much emphasis on driving up pitch counts and the like, so who knows what's really behind it.

I have to take pitchers (and others) at their word that the ball feels different, but how else to explain how strikeout totals continue to climb to record rates?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread