What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Watermelons (1 Viewer)

gianmarco

Footballguy
One of the most overrated foods ever. Nothing to it and easily one of the worst fruits around.

Happy 4th.

I'm a fan of the simulated watermelon flavor in candies, etc but not the real thing.
Thought I was the only one. 

Not that watermelon is bad... it's just meh. I was the watermelon eating champ at camp back in the day, though, but I think that was mostly because I didn't worry about eating all the seeds. 

Watermelon blow pops are the stuff. 

Thought I was the only one. 

Not that watermelon is bad... it's just meh. I was the watermelon eating champ at camp back in the day, though, but I think that was mostly because I didn't worry about eating all the seeds. 

Watermelon blow pops are the stuff. 
Exactly. There's nothing bad about it. But there's nothing good either. It's not filling. It has minimal taste. 

And completely agree on watermelon flavor.

Exactly. There's nothing bad about it. But there's nothing good either. It's not filling. It has minimal taste. 

And completely agree on watermelon flavor.
Minimal taste? Maybe you just don't know how to pick out a good one. Got one today that's super juicy, a little crunch, and a ton of flavor.

It ha to be one of the least economical fruits.  Those suckers weigh 6 pounds or more and sell for $5.   It's the lowest price per pound of any item in the supermarket.  It takes up shelf space, must cost a fortune to transport and can't possibly be a money maker 

I think watermelon is pretty good.  I've never really had anybody profess to me that watermelons are the greatest--so it's hard for me to say they are over rated.  They have always been presented to me as a good refreshing fruit to eat on a hot day--and I feel like they are solid in that environment.  I personally like them chilled, cubed up and sprinkled with a bit of tajin.   Being that this is a fantasy football forum--I'd say that watermelon is good--but with upside based on the circumstances.  

Watermelon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cantaloupe & honeydew. 

Seeded taste better. Nice and cold out of the fridge on a hot day. 

You can fill them with alcohol too
I tried this once, and it wasn't as great as it sounded.  The melon was so juicy it didn't suck up much alcohol.  I think the shark move would be to somehow dehydrate the melon a little, so it could soak up more alcohol.  Cut off the top like a pumpkin, and let it dry out some. 

Watermelon is literally the best fruit.  Even when it had seeds it was the best.  Now that we've spliced some DNA together or whatever to get seedless watermelon it's literally Nirvana.  All you anti-watermelon posters can go pound sand, literally.

16 years old and working at an exclusive country club.  There was an old black man there.  He had been there for years working maintenance.  He would sell crappy weed to employees, and he was a pimp, an actual pimp, but of some god awful, over- the-hill hookers who would occasionally come bye to pick him up from his day job.

One day he asks me if I want to buy some "Georgia Skin".  Having never heard the expression before I say no, I can get my own girls.  He falls out laughing at the white boy.  He actually says, 'White Boy!, Georgia Skin ain't no slang for no hoes, its a type of watermelon I grows in my yard."  He gave me one.  Great watermelon.  He laughed at me every time he saw me for the next  six months or so.   

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread