What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summer Vacation (1 Viewer)

James Daulton

Footballguy
Ok FBGs.  My son (who's afraid to fly, I know I know, big ####) got a job and will be unavailable to vacation starting the beginning of August.  This opens the rest of the country up to the wife, college bound daughter, and I since the wife always wants us to vacation as a family.  So you have a week to go anywhere in the US, where do you go?  A little background, we're in Baltimore and have done most of the East Cost trips since, well we could drive and take the son...

We've done beachy places and the wife and I visit Vegas kind of frequently so that's out.  The wife wants somewhere where it won't be 100 degrees during the day.

My first thought was NoCal and the Pacific Northwest.  We like to hike (not super heavy duty stuff), bike, see national parks, eat at good restaurants, etc.  I'm pretty sure that late next spring we'll take a 2 week driving trip to Colorado and Yellowstone so we don't need to see those this time.

Thoughts FBGs?

My two trips this summer will be Myrtle Beach and CA (SF, Yosemite, Disneyland) so no new ideas from me.

Never been to Pacific Northwest, but looks/sounds great. Of the place Ive been, Id suggest either Alaska or Acadia NP in Maine.

Can Alaska been done in a week from Baltimore?
Not if you want to "do it all" in one trip. You could either do a land-tour or the inside passage, but I wouldn't try to squeeze both in during a week.

How about canoeing the Boundary Waters?

Does it have to be in the US? How about Banff? Always wanted to go there too.

Ok FBGs.  My son (who's afraid to fly, I know I know, big ####) got a job and will be unavailable to vacation starting the beginning of August.  This opens the rest of the country up to the wife, college bound daughter, and I since the wife always wants us to vacation as a family.  So you have a week to go anywhere in the US, where do you go?  A little background, we're in Baltimore and have done most of the East Cost trips since, well we could drive and take the son...

We've done beachy places and the wife and I visit Vegas kind of frequently so that's out.  The wife wants somewhere where it won't be 100 degrees during the day.

My first thought was NoCal and the Pacific Northwest.  We like to hike (not super heavy duty stuff), bike, see national parks, eat at good restaurants, etc.  I'm pretty sure that late next spring we'll take a 2 week driving trip to Colorado and Yellowstone so we don't need to see those this time.

Thoughts FBGs?
Seattle and/or Vancouver and then head into Vancouver Island. Tofino is amazing. Or if you want a little closer, Charleston and Savannah. Or Chicago if you want a big city.

Seattle and/or Vancouver and then head into Vancouver Island. Tofino is amazing. Or if you want a little closer, Charleston and Savannah. Or Chicago if you want a big city.
Done Charleston and Savannah, been to Chicago a decent amount (always when it was cold though).  I'll look up this Tofino place.

Ok, now the family seems set on flying into San Fran and driving down the coast.  However, are there stretches of the ocean highway that are closed or something?

Cali FBGs, help me out here!

Ha, my initial thought was CA as well. We always enjoyed Santa Barbara and Santa Monica, which if you hit both would give you a taste of different parts of CA and limit the amount of driving a bit.

If you want to think big, there is always Maui.

Enjoy JD.

Users who are viewing this thread