Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rockaction

CNN Threatens To Out/Doxx User Behind Trump Bodyslam Video - Now Just Bickering and Bad Put-Downs

Just now, killface said:

I'm glad you are comparing the president of the USA and a random internet guy as on the same level

That's how far we have fallen

So you're fine with big corporation bullying random internet guy but heaven forbid big corporation get bullied by someone with more power than them?  Weird

Just now, Bojang0301 said:

CNN essentially threatening the person if they were to revoke their apology. I took the text they wrote as if they strong armed the person to apologize then said if they were to revoke/post about CNN again they would retaliate. 

then maybe read it again.

Just now, Ramblin Wreck said:

So you're fine with big corporation bullying random internet guy but heaven forbid big corporation get bullied by someone with more power than them?  Weird

"Fine with it" and "it restricts his First Amendment Rights" are not opposite assertions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

:lmao:

You're talking about rights, and whether they're being restricted.  There is absolutely no argument that a private news organization outing the name of a private person who has published horrifying statements on the internet is restricting someone's First Amendment rights. 

There is a legitimate argument that the White House refusing a press pass to a national news organization based on what they report is restricting that news organization as a press organization.  Not sure that's going to be a winner, but it's a legitimate argument.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Come on man they are basically blackmailing this guy and removing his free speech rights.  Ridiculous

What free speech rights?   He doesn't have a right to anonymity or to speak without consequences.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Come on man they are basically blackmailing this guy and removing his free speech rights.  Ridiculous

They are decidedly not. This isn't a matter of opinion.  The very thing you regard as a threat, publishing publicly available information, would be an exercise of CNN's free speech rights.  I applaud CNN for not exercising their rights in full in this instance.  Many of us have the right to say things that we probably shouldn't. 

• Like 3

Just now, -fish- said:

What free speech rights?   He doesn't have a right to anonymity or to speak without consequences.   

You and Henry are wasting your time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

I can't even believe you are trying to make this comparison...what has become of this country

Just now, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

They are decidedly not. This isn't a matter of opinion.  The very thing you regard as a threat, publishing publicly available information, would be an exercise of CNN's free speech rights.  I applaud CNN for not exercising their rights in full in this instance.  Many of us have the right to say things that we probably shouldn't. 

It's baffling how a random internet guy got that far under CNN's skin (and many posters here too) over a funny wrestling gif.  A fake dramatic television show.  CNN spending more than 2 seconds on this guy is very telling.

• Like 3

Just now, Bucky86 said:

Footballguys:  wasting my time since 1999.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, killface said:

I can't even believe you are trying to make this comparison...what has become of this country

Fair enough.  I can't believe CNN is losing their mind over a gif.  What has become of this country?

• Like 1

It's baffling how a random internet guy got that far under CNN's skin (and many posters here too) over a funny wrestling gif.  A fake dramatic television show.  CNN spending more than 2 seconds on this guy is very telling.

I agree that this is stupid and have said so repeatedly.  But a violation of someone's rights is a very different discussion.

• Like 2

People are getting dumber. The proof is there.

• Like 3

Fair enough.  I can't believe CNN is losing their mind over a gif.  What has become of this country?

CNN is not losing their mind over anything.  Minus the right-wingers posting crap about this all over the place I have heard barely a peep on this story

Quick! Everyone tell Wrambling Dreck he's wrong in hopes that this is the time he finally understands why.

• Like 7

I can't believe people are upset that a news organization decided this wasn't a big enough story to ruin someone's life over if he'd just stop being a racist troll after he begged them.

• Like 2

CNN is not losing their mind over anything.

The fact they care about a random internet guy posting a gif is losing their mind.  The fact they basically threatened the guy is definitely losing their mind.  Over a gif.  

• Like 1

By the way:

If CNN agreeing to his begging to preserve his anonymity is blackmail, then that meme is a call to arms for all nationalists to rise up, and strike down CNN.

You boneheads wanna interpret things in the most extreme manner, you got it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, massraider said:

By the way:

If CNN agreeing to his begging to preserve his anonymity is blackmail, then that meme is a call to arms for all nationalists to rise up, and strike down CNN.

You boneheads wanna interpret things in the most extreme manner, you got it.

Couldn't have framed it better.  

1 minute ago, Limp Ditka said:

Quick! Everyone tell Wrambling Dreck he's wrong in hopes that this is the time he finally understands why.

You're right. They do say smearing your dogs face in their piss when they pee on the carpet doesn't actually work.

6 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

The best part of this thread is massraider responding to my comments but continuing to claim he has me on ignore.  

Just now, Bucky86 said:

You're right. They do say smearing your dogs face in their piss when they pee on the carpet doesn't actually work.

Did your timeout work when you called the site owner a pedophile?

• Like 1

Ooooh the iToughGuy got me this time.  Very creative man

Wonderful. Now I'm going to let myself get dragged into what I just mocked.

What about my statement, or any other statement I've made on this site, is giving you the impression that I'm being an iToughGuy?

1 hour ago, rockaction said:

This "news" organization is slowly descending into self-parody at best, or criminality at worst.  

No. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Zow said:
1 hour ago, rockaction said:

This "news" organization is slowly descending into self-parody at best, or criminality at worst.  

No. 

Just wait until the President re-writes the rules!

44 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Not really.  Their posts, along with Scooby, have been a thorough and complete takedown of the right wing talking points.

• Like 2

Funny how Trumpkins throw out "OMAGAH CRIMES!" quite liberally when it comes to news organizations. However, when it comes to Trump and his crew, its apparently IMPOSSIBLE to reach criminal standards.

• Like 1

Just now, Bucky86 said:

Funny how Trumpkins throw out "OMAGAH CRIMES!" quite liberally when it comes to news organizations. However, when it comes to Trump and his crew, its apparently IMPOSSIBLE to reach criminal standards.

Dodds should have done to you the exact same thing CNN is doing to this guy after you called him a pedophile.  

2 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

I continue to be astounded at what your dry cleaning bill must look like after a week on these boards.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Yeah, it is funny watching your posts be completely refuted while you remain oblivious.

Julian Assange @JulianAssange

When Trump goes low CNN goes lower: threatens to dox artist behind "CNN head" video if he makes fun of them again 

A) "dox"

B) Assange thinks this is wrong. :lmao:

I think I'll listen to a bunch of hysteric skirts on FBGs. 

• Like 1

Just now, Slapdash said:

Yeah, it is funny watching your posts be completely refuted while you remain oblivious.

ZOMG Trump retweeted a funny wrestling gif that CNN didn't like.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Julian Assange @JulianAssange

When Trump goes low CNN goes lower: threatens to dox artist behind "CNN head" video if he makes fun of them again 

A) "dox"

B) Assange thinks this is wrong. :lmao:

I think I'll listen to a bunch of hysteric skirts on FBGs. 

I'm not sure of your point.  Assange is literally the last guy in the world who should be throwing stones here.  How many private citizens has he outed?  It's got to be in the hundreds. 

Also, who's being the "hysteric skirt" here, really?  I mean, you keep trying to start threads about free speech and wringing your hands about private consequences for free speech, but when it comes to Shakespeare in the Park or CNN, suddenly THEIR speech is deserving of harsh public consequences.  Have you thought through your position at all?  I mean, I don't remember you denouncing Delta for pulling their funding for the Julius Caesar production. 

Edited by Ramsay Hunt Experience
  • Like 3

Just now, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

I'm not sure of your point.  Assange is literally the last guy in the world who should be throwing stones here.  How many private citizens has he outed?  It's got to be in the hundreds. 

Two points: 

1) He uses the word "dox." I'll trust him over an internet guy named mass raider.

2) It's so egregious even he can't believe it.  

7 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:
8 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Dodds should have done to you the exact same thing CNN is doing to this guy after you called him a pedophile.

If Bucky had done the exact same thing that the reddit guy did, then you just might have a point.

1 hour ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Awful lot of libs in here that don't believe this citizen should have free speech without the media threatening/attacking him.  CNN doing everything they can to prove Trump is correct about them.  

Yet any time a source asks to remain anonymous, it's fake news, right?  Should those sources be outed and have their "free speech rights" violated?

• Like 2

Just now, [scooter] said:

If Bucky had done the exact same thing that the reddit guy did, then you just might have a point.

I see more personal attacks by the Trump supporters. Classy as always.

• Like 1