What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Guns, Drugs, Forgery, Shoplifting and Wifebeating" The OFFICIAL Dallas Cowboys Offseason Thread - f/ Dak, Elliott, WIlson, Tucker, Carroll, Lewis, Wh (1 Viewer)

[icon]

Insoxicated
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2719971-dak-prescott-accused-of-using-machine-to-sign-memorabilia

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott has been "accused of using a machine to sign his autograph for memorabilia company selling to collectors instead of signing himself," according to Darren Rovell of ESPN.com. 

"They had a very machine-like feel," Steve Grad, the principal authenticator of Beckett Grading Services, said of five autographed Prescott cards from the Panini 2016 Prizm set. "You could see the starts and stops."

"I immediately knew they were autopen," he added. "I've never heard of a modern athlete doing this."

Prescott, 23, had a superb rookie season, throwing for 3,667 yards, 23 touchdowns and just four interceptions while also rushing for 282 yards and another six scores. He led the Cowboys to an NFC-best 13-3 record and a first-round bye, though the Cowboys lost to the Green Bay Packers in the Divisional Round.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody who has purchased sports cards since 1990 is just asking to be fleeced. Autograph seekers especially.

I mean how much of the autograph is needed to be "real?"    If he touched the pen that is used, and he puts the pen in the machine, and they used his real signature for the autopen, and he starts the machine I don't see the problem.      Does someone think that a guy is sitting in his locker signing thousands of cards, notes, pictures, footballs?   I wouldn't be surprised if some of the autographs that people seek are actually from the secretary, managers, or ball boys.   

How odd that somebody associated with the Cowboys would find themselves accused of some form of impropriety.
 The Cowboys have actually had one of the fewest arrest and suspension records over the past several years.  

It's almost like they get talked about more than every other team.

There has to be a better automated signing machine out there that can fake some slight variations to make it look real and doesn't have the same start/stop. 

Good for Dak. More athletes should use this. 

Ugh. I'm not sure whether to dislike that Dak cheated, that this is considered cheating, that people still pay for autographs, or that anyone cares about this stuff. 

Autograph seekers are weird.
We have a guy in our office whose entire office is decorated with autographed memorabilia, it's very odd.  He has every Bills first or second round pick of the past 10 years' autograph on a mini-helmet of their respective alma maters.  Why a grown man is proudly displaying an autographed Andy Levitre Oregon State helmet in his office to prospective clients just baffles me.

Right. It happens to players on every team, just happens less for the Cowboys than most. 

Its just that fans of other teams have such a massive rock hard erection for the Cowboys that their Facebook pages, twitter feeds, and posts on FBGs look like the official website for the Cowboys. 

Case on point, you don't like the Cowboys but you started a thread about them. You shouldn't feel bad, you're not alone. All my friends who like the Skins, Giants and Eagles do the same thing. 

Please don't quit. It's what makes the Cowboys so popular and despite having sucked for so long and having nearly no postseason success - they stay in the public eye, and I get to continue to watch every game in primetime for free onnover the air signals despite living in the heart of the Nations capital. 

The Cowboys don't get preferential treatment cause they have been good recently, it's because guys like you can't stop thinking about them. 

Thank you. 

:lol:  

well I guess Cowboys fans have to cling to SOMETHING in the 21st century... 

:lol:  

well I guess Cowboys fans have to cling to SOMETHING in the 21st century... 
Heyoooo, never heard that one before. It's ALMOST as old as the Cowboys being nothing but criminals despite the evidence contrary to that. 

Is this where Im supposed to go to the well and talk about how the Cowboys have more superbowls than your team despite being so sorry for so epically long and being in the league likely half as long as your team? 

Do you know what Cowboys fans don't do? Think about other teams they're not fans of. 

Legal Expert Ari Engel Speculates Elliot may face lengthy suspension due to compounding offenses stacking up this offseason: 

Unfortunately, it doesn’t end with just the domestic violence charge. Since that time, Elliott was seen hanging out in a weed shop in Seattle, he was filmed pulling down a woman's top on St. Patrick's Day - exposing her breasts, involved in two car accidents this year, and then TMZ just reported today that Elliott punched a DJ at Dallas-area bar on Sunday night, with a video showing the guy laid out on the ground, having to go to the hospital. 

Even if each incident doesn't rise to the level of misconduct, when taken as a whole, the optics are not good and he has clearly been engaged in conduct detrimental to the league, in addition to conduct that “imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person.” It's just too much negative press. Under the personal conduct policy, Commissioner Goodell has a free hand to discipline as he sees fit. At a minimum you would think Elliot would see some sort of suspension, and if the domestic violence case turns out to be legitimate, it's possible he is suspended for up to ten games, like Hardy was. All of these incidents have also occurred in just Elliott's first season, so Goodell may want to make sure he gets him under control now, and a lengthy, not a nominal suspension, may be the best way to do that. 

Looks like Elliot is appealing his speeding conviction for going over 100 miles an hour…

Probably a good idea to try and get some of the smaller charges off the books as the bigger ones like assault and sexual assault start piling up on top of them

And the hits just keep coming for the Cowboys this offseason! 

COWBOYS WR LUCKY WHITEHEAD ARRESTED FOR SHOPLIFTING

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Lucky Whitehead was arrested in Virginia in June for shoplifting -- and now a warrant has been issued for his arrest ... TMZ Sports has learned. 

The 25-year-old was busted in Prince William County, VA on June 22 for shoplifting/petit larceny under $200. We're told Whitehead allegedly took stuff from a convenience store. 

He was ordered to appear in court on July 6, but according to court records he didn't show up -- so a warrant was issued for his arrest. He's since been charged for failure to appear. 

We reached out to Whitehead's rep -- so far, no word back. 

FYI, Whitehead was undrafted but signed a 3-year $1.5 million contract with the team in 2015. 

Whitehead isn't the first Cowboys player to be accused of shoplifting -- ex-Dallas running back Joseph Randle was busted stealing cologne and mens underwear from a Texas department store in 2014. 

Users who are viewing this thread