What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan Howard trade value (1 Viewer)

jeremyx13

Footballguy
Been offered 2018 likely high 1st and 2nd round picks, along with Marlon Mack and Chris Thompson for Howard. Would you take the deal and why?  12 team dynasty, 10 starter, mostly flex league. Howard is best rb, have Gore and few 2nd stringers as my others.

I wouldn't do that.  You are getting a bunch of unknowns who may or may not have equal value and highly doubtful to have greater value than Howard.  It would also leave you with Gore as your #1 RB, if I am reading that correctly.  Mack is no guarantee to be his successor and I don't know why Thompson is even included in the offer.  He is barely holding onto a roster spot in the NFL.  A 1st that may be high but you still don't know who will be available for the pick, and you won't be able to use it for a year is the main value you are getting and it's not enough.  If Howard was older I might consider it, but you aren't even gaining any age advantage.  Quite frankly, I don't think it's a good offer and would need a good player in the deal in addition to the 1st instead of a pile of mediocre and useless items/players.

This is a classic half dollar, quarter, dime, and nickel for a dollar type deal.  The other owner understands that a 2018 1st isn't enough so he throws in a 2nd rounder and some useless players to try and sweeten the deal.  It is a not a particularly good offer for you.  Howard is by far the most valuable piece.  Keep him.

So much can change between now and next year's draft, and you never really know where those picks are going to end up.  A bird in the hand, and all that.  I would keep Howard.

This is a classic half dollar, quarter, dime, and nickel for a dollar type deal.  The other owner understands that a 2018 1st isn't enough so he throws in a 2nd rounder and some useless players to try and sweeten the deal.  It is a not a particularly good offer for you.  Howard is by far the most valuable piece.  Keep him.
I think your analogy is making it sound closer than it really is. I think its more like a half dollar, dime, penny and another penny that someone put on the railroad tracks and now its bent and useless.

As a Jordan Howard owner also trying to assess his trade value, I can tell you I would definitely turn that offer down!!  A known quantity for a grab bag?  I don't think so!

Users who are viewing this thread